General Yuzuru Chat

26 minutes ago, SSS said:

last night somehow was expected. sorry I had magic power in ACI...Last night was okay. It was at the end, fun...like Yuzu is trolling... what is not acceptable is I COULDN'T GET GPF OR NHK FS TICKET...

If I don't get it I might try for Nationals, though I don't even know what city it's going to be in.

(Looks like Tokyo. Easy!)

12 hours ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

*timidly raises arm* But I didn't expect it per se. I didn't watch it live but I did think shortly before the competition started, that the probability of the dude skating clean wouldn't be on his side since his SP was clean as a whistle but he's not skating after Fernandez going into the FS, and the last time that happened, it was back in Boston. Also, he's got a bum knee and this is only the first comp of the season and his last skate of SEIMEI wasn't exactly a clean one *and* he's doing it with a new layout and revamped choreography. Then I got to thinking about details and thought that Lz being a hot and cold element for him even as a triple and him bringing it to the forefront would likely mean he'll pop it this early in the season. Then I moved on to the second half and prayed hard that he wouldn't have problems with his 4S combo because it messes with his head too much so I thought if he's gonna pop something, please  let it be the 4T or the 3A, both if need be so long as his combo is clean, because he'll come back from failing them easier than he would the combo. I don't usually analyze the possibilities of the kind of skate he'll deliver because it gets harder to do so deeper into the season so I just don't think much about it usually. But I think the signs were pretty much there this time so my head just sorta involuntarily picked up on them. Anyway, he pulled off his combo despite everything so that's a win in my books. :DancingAlien:

Of course, I didn't anticipate he'd pull the I'm-a-stubborn-never-say-die-mule routine to this extreme degree and what-is-even-a-cohesive-program-anymore?-YOLOs his way all through the second half, lol. I was expecting maybe one or two YOLOs but not that stubborn and dogged determination to reach a consensus with that doggone 4T which he ultimately didn't properly manage to, to a point where he half-assed his 1st 3A and kicked the second one to the curb altogether. The way I see it, that was a very reckless, who-the-fug-cares-anymore shitstorm of a performance and it was actually...pretty fun to watch. It's like watching his true nature being revealed when tight control is no longer an option so there's nothing to stop the flow. >_<

And it's his first fall since December! He took so long getting back up I was wondering if he was entertaining the notion of just going fug everything I'll just stay down here and let the ice cool my ass and back until the music ends. He kinda looked like he might be thinking that for a few seconds there, lol.

All in all, and please don't stone me for thinking this, the whole thing appeared to have a slightly cartoonish quality to me so I actually found it quite entertaining. Now, in my head, when the guy fully bombs, it's either the really heartbreaking sort like what happened back in Boston, the meh sort like what happens usually at the start of a new season, or this slightly comical one here at ACI, which is new.

Note: I don't consider his COC '14 performance a bomb. Given the circumstances, that one was actually a very successful skate.

I confess I laughed histerically hard at your recap of ACI's free skate:rofl::sadPooh:

And yes, I too felt uneasy when I saw Javi skated after Yuzu.

Boston alarms went off, I should have listened to my gut more, maybe I would have spared myself a bit of kuyashii :tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid:. But luckily the context was entirely different, so while this ACI FS has been worse,  the  meaning of this defeat for Yuzu is on a whole different level than his Boston Worlds one:tumblr_inline_mzx95p7TPv1r8msi5:

7 hours ago, micaelis said:

In reference to somebody seeking consolation and self-encouragement by going back to GPF 2015, I might suggest GPF 2014.  He fell once in the FS but otherwise skated brilliantly and the score he received, had he not fallen, might have set a FS record.  In any case, the inspiration comes from seeing him skate so well after the crash in Shanghai and the subsequent disaster at NHK.  Even after all that he was able to put everything together and take his second GPF.  In short, Yuzu's worked his way back from far worse than this weekend.  Just look at GPF 2014.

Yes to this! GPF 2014 is my reanimation skate, both SP and FS (better with ITA ESP commentary, love the little jabs they make). It was such a redemption skate! It really showed that you should never think "he can't" because Yuzuru can and will, and there was such unbridled joy in how he reacted after both programs too, just :10636614::10742289:

1 hour ago, BrightonDogwoods said:

I have now been to 4 of his last 5 silver medal competitions (only missing 4CC!), and I'm happy to be part of the crowd that ALWAYS showers him with more appreciation and love than anyone else there, even the champion.

Wow, that's some serious dedication:bow::bow::bow::laughing: seriously, teach me your ways sensei:bow:

47 minutes ago, SSS said:

be happy, you all saw the 3lo, what was the last time you saw 3lo in competition? how many single 3lo do you think you will see in future competition?:knc_brian3:also this might be the last attempted 3lz...:knc_brian1:

more looking for the bright side, yay!:clap:

1 hour ago, kaeryth said:

He had a cameraman dedicated to him :rofl: (hope they show his reactions in HD)

I am weirdo, I find the whole "Yuzu talking to himself like a madman" endearing :slinkaway:

2 hours ago, kitsune said:

that video makes me shamelessly squeal for so many reasons:tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp::tumblr_inline_mzx8t1Yuvn1r8msi5::10742290:

I'm so envious happy for all the satellites that could worship see Yuzu in the flesh!!! And talk to him! And cheer him on when he needed it. And see him smile and throw his death glares around and be adorkable up close!!!!!!!:10636614:

And I'm sorry @SSS that you couldn't get the FS tickets :consoling2:

(which reminds me that I have to seriously pray that Yuzuru will go to Milan and that I'll be able to get my hands on the tickets :sadPooh: because I really need to see him live at least once :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:)  

Also...dat feeling when you go to sleep at the same hour the previous day you were getting up to watch Yuzu skate...that skate.:13877886:

27 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Just noticed the unintentional synchronised jump with Misha! /his airtime for his 4t is same as a triple  :tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid:/

It's actually Misha who lept his body up onto the air later than Yuzuru. In fact Yuzuru's 4T has more air time than of course a triple.

the biggest difference is Misha has a pause into his triple while Yuzuru snaps right away, immediately into his quad. 

Yuzuru indeed is the king of agility. 

38 minutes ago, Anya said:

I thought I could take a rest today after the barrage of photos yesterday, but today there's a barrage of fancams and videos. :laughing:

So this was the video of the gloves mishap..  After the stare-of-death, his cute little hand signal to his mom? and the shrug after :laughing:

I think he did have two right gloves! 

38 minutes ago, Anya said:

I thought I could take a rest today after the barrage of photos yesterday, but today there's a barrage of fancams and videos. :laughing:

So this was the video of the gloves mishap..  After the stare-of-death, his cute little hand signal to his mom? and the shrug after :laughing:

This is too cute. Lol. He started off already aggravated with the gloves. :laughing: 

2 hours ago, kaeryth said:

Miyagi mascot giving out support again. He is so beloved :7938863:Honestly, I'm super chill. Some have Boston flashbacks but I feel this is entirely different just based on the pre and post victory ceremony pics/vids we've had. In Boston, you can plainly see how much he was hurting but here, while he did have the fake smile in the podium (which he ALWAYS has when he's in second place) afterwards he was all giggly and apologetic (NOOOOO.... you don't need to apologise for anything!). I do think it was a mental issue combined with lack of practice and having to do an "easier" layout. Like T. Kozuka said (thanks... I forgive you for your crossrolls comment LOL) he's not used to triples anymore. And as someone who jumps to rhythms that must've been off-putting for him. 

Also, can I just say that I'm laughing at how he now finds it hard to do triples (that's not in a combination) just like how his body is incapable of jumping a 2a?

It's so Yuzu of Yuzu to lose his abilities to jump the easier jumps. :lol:  Maybe he should get more points for jumping 2a than 3a cos 2a is harder for him. :lol:

2 hours ago, SSS said:

be happy, you all saw the 3lo, when was the last time you saw 3lo in competition? how many single 3lo do you think you will see in future competition?:knc_brian3:also this might be the last attempted 3lz...:knc_brian1:

I'm going to miss his 3lz, especially those at the end of the program (H&L and Seimei)...:devilYuzu:

1 hour ago, LadyLou said:

(which reminds me that I have to seriously pray that Yuzuru will go to Milan and that I'll be able to get my hands on the tickets :sadPooh: because I really need to see him live at least once :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:)  

Me too! Initially I thought I would follow Yuzu for an entire season before spending the money to watch him live. But I'm getting impatient and I'll beat myself up if I miss the chance to see him live. Please please please go to Milan! I enjoy watching the other male skaters as well, but I'm not that willing to spend money on flight and tickets if Yuzu isn't there. Are Milan single event tickets difficult to get? :sadPooh: