General Yuzuru Chat

12 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

@Aotoshiro Pratchett is my go-to for when I need calming down, or cheering up, or revving up, or... Well, anything, to be honest. Miss his presence in the world so much but... Gnu Terry Pratchett. Meeting a fellow Discworld fan here, it's a good sign, right? I'll take all good signs.

Yay, now we need a Pratchett thread to gather together and throw in a bunch of our ideas and thoughts of the Books! GNU Terry Prtchett indeed! Definitely a good sign (not omen, tho xD)

8 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Nobody can talk me out of my belief that the Luggage is one of the best things ever. I just felt the need to point that out.

Yep it is. I'm getting OT, but imagine an AU with it being the rightful protector of Yuzuru's things! All the suffering of the people trying to harass Pooh in Yuzuru's absence :laughing:

8 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

I absolutely agree.

Imagine if Luggage decided Yuzu was his rightful owner. Unwelcome photographers and not-quite-honest judges would never be heard of again.

Oh you did propose it first...doesn't matter, now I need a fanart of that image! 

1 minute ago, Aotoshiro said:

Yay, now we need a Pratchett thread to gather together and throw in a bunch of our ideas and thoughts of the Books! GNU Terry Prtchett indeed! Definitely a good sign (not omen, tho xD)

Yep it is. I'm getting OT, but imagine an AU with it being the rightful protector of Yuzuru's things! All the suffering of the people trying to harass Pooh in Yuzuru's absence :laughing:

Oh you did propose it first...doesn't matter, now I need a fanart of that image! 

I am much calmer than I was earlier.

Now perhaps I can stop eating chocolate and get some of my work done. :goe: To everybody here today, especially @Yatagarasu and you for doing the impossible. Or at least the highly improbable.

7 часов назад, singcarcom сказал:

Yuzu's record of pushing his body beyond its limit in the past...>__<

That said, I think Yuzu has finally learnt the importance of rest and recovery after many painful lessons, so I think he probably won't overpractice. Part of the reason he gave that legendary H&L at Worlds was because he listened to Brian and not practice too hard the day before.

Not good news today, but really hope Yuzu is wise enough now and listens to his body and coaches, thought I wouldn't be surprised if "simpler layout" = 4 quads and 2x3As.

It is so comforting and enlightening to read all your posts after the unexpected news. Thank you, fellow satellites, I love this place! :10742289:

By the way, love the new banner!

Just want to wish Yuzu good health and good luck at ACI. As long as he's healthy and happy I'm fine with any outcome.

I also had a bad feeling when he said "maamaa" regarding his physical conditions but was kind of relieved after reading Brian's comments.

Am I the only one who thinks it is just a way to ensure he skates as clean as possible? In the original Japanese text Brian seems to be saying it is nothing serious but he managed to convince Yuzu to simplify the layout. If he is not in perfect shape it is possible he can't fulfill a five-quad layout, which Shoma has already done with higher bv, and this kind of result could be interpreted in a very bad way concerning Olympic season propaganda.

And I think the Yomiuri article also said Team Cricket traveled together, and that Javi took the same plane? :tumblr_inline_mfy92hO4sm1qid2nw:

Actually I never knew this. So happy things are working out very well within TCC and I would always love more friendly moments during a nerve-wrecking season.

Now I'm going to pray in every temple in the mountain where my company's holding a climbing competition tomorrow. So I guess I'll miss the OP.

Just...don't make me faint on the way, dear Yuzu...:13877886:

22 minutes ago, Lunna said:

Not good news today, but really hope Yuzu is wise enough now and listens to his body and coaches, thought I wouldn't be surprised if "simpler layout" = 4 quads and 2x3As.

Yeah... as much as I want a program with only 1-2 quads from him, save his knee for a while please... but he's so extra... sigh...

10 minutes ago, meoima said:

Yeah... as much as I want a program with only 1-2 quads from him, save his knee for a while please... but he's so extra... sigh...

I could imagine the simpler layout is to replace the 4T-1Lo-3S for the 3A version as well as maybe 3 quads a la original Seimei, and IF his knee is okay, go for the solo 4T for 4 quads. Otherwise, 3Lo?

Let's see what does a "simpler layout" mean according to Yuzuru Hanyu's dictionary  :crazyshit2:

I would be really thankful if he goes with a 3 quads and 2 3As FP, but I agree with posters above that his simpler layout would mean a 4 quads and 2 3As FP :dpooh: