General Yuzuru Chat

They are not going to figure out why he is feeling pain??? Landing knee....

Easy layout can be three quads...And we might still see new baby...And it might get over some number...

Okay I am just trying to comfort myself...:sadPooh:pray for health

Guys, I need to say I really admire your thoughtful and logical reactions so much. :bow: I told myself the same things (well, of course, not so eloquently), but it helps much more when you read similar thoughts of other people. As you correctly said, we must trust him and the team. But what a relief that now I have you to not face my panic alone. :10742289:

Actually, now that I've read the Brian comment myself, I feel a lot less panicky. From what I understand, he says that last week Yuzu felt a little bit of pain, so he took a break from practice. And that it's not a big problem, but by his - Brian's decision - he'll compete in this first competition with a slightly simpler program. It is somewhat different to what we're used to, but I think it's great they had Yuzu take a break as soon as there was a little bit of pain and I guess the rest is Brian taking all responsibility upon himself. The he's ok might have come after the first statement about pain, when everyone went: "EH??? He's injured??" Or at least that would make sense. For all we know, the pain could be gone by now and the simpler program will be just to be safe.

35 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

I just hope competing at ACI won't worsen the pain and that he can rest after it and get healthy as soon as possible. His health comes first, everything is secondary.

And yes, media always finds something negative so the best thing is just ignore them completely.

I'm glad ACI is in canada, so at least he won't have to deal with jet lag and long flight. I think he'll be fine. After ACI, there's 3 weeks until COR, hope he's healthy by then. I trust him and his team, they will be extra careful in this Oly season.  

17 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

For all we know, the pain could be gone by now and the simpler program will be just to be safe.

And probably because of the lack of practice it's best to not go straight from several days off to 7 quads across two programs.