General Yuzuru Chat

It looks like Daisuke Murakami will also be competing alongside Yuzuru and Javi at the Autumn Classic International in Montréal next month.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports/2017/08/15/figure-skating/murakami-aiming-spot-olympic-team/#.WZM4N1GGOM8 

"There are a lot of improvements that can be done, hopefully by next month when I compete at the (Skate Canada) Autumn Classic," Murakami commented to Ice Network.

8 hours ago, Floria said:

I don't think that blades are black. The ones he usually uses has black parts. The lighting in the video just makes them seem all black imho.

imageproxy.php?img=&key=e31f0df0478340bbimageproxy.php?img=&key=e31f0df0478340bb

0f62eaa0f5cee67c8fb9141988521a1c.jpg

source: pinterest

Yes, I think the special blades that were given to him were black.

Other skaters received them too (in photo, Michal specifically mentions black blades from John Wilson).

Now that you mentioned it, I wasn't quite sure if the blades Yuzu uses were parabolic. I just assumed they were, but realised I didn't have a source on that.

So I went and did some research and...

http://www.johnwilsonskates.com/hall-of-fame#yuzuru-hanyu

Granted the description is not updated, but I guess it would be safe to assume he still uses parabolic blades, and that the black blades they gave him are parabolic as well.

8 hours ago, Anony said:

They did get his name embossed on it, so my guess is he probably choose not to use them. He doesn't know what those blades are like vs. his usual after all.

Also are the black blades they made.for Yuzuru parabolic?

40 минут назад, Danibellerika сказал:

And we also definitively know he reads manga (probably watches anime).  We knew he liked games but that's not always the same thing.  Yuzu would be a fantastic coach.  

There was an old video of Yuzu reading Kuroko no basuke :smile:

It seems like Yuzu can give good advice in technique and he's also studying mental aspects so I think he can pass a lot of knowledge to the future skaters.