General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, Lunna said:

There were very little amount of people around, while I thought to take out a photo or not he was almost near the closed zone, but I hadn't thought about approaching him that time cuz running after him and disturbing before practice just didn't seem right.

Yep, this... sometimes, you are unlucky and you see them at a time when it's really not wise to try and approach them. Yuzu, especially, is always with his team going around, when he's not on the ice. So the moments when it's safe to try and ask for a photo are really few! 

Best scenario: become a pro skater, somehow get to a big competition - you don't even have to win, just participate, and you'll be able to go to the closing Gala. Lots of occasions to talk to Yuzu there! :darklordyuzu:

3 минуты назад, Murieleirum сказал:

Yep, this... sometimes, you are unlucky and you see them at a time when it's really not wise to try and approach them. Yuzu, especially, is always with his team going around, when he's not on the ice. So the moments when it's safe to try and ask for a photo are really few! 

Best scenario: become a pro skater, somehow get to a big competition - you don't even have to win, just participate, and you'll be able to go to the closing Gala. Lots of occasions to talk to Yuzu there! :darklordyuzu:

Too old to try a skating career :laughing: but to be a stuff a member at the rink also seems like not a bad plan. Should I change a job? :biggrin:

11 minutes ago, Lunna said:

Too old to try a skating career :laughing: but to be a stuff a member at the rink also seems like not a bad plan. Should I change a job? :biggrin:

Translator for Japanese skaters would actually not be that bad for me... but by the time I get my degree, Yuzu might already be r****d... 

2 hours ago, Smultron said:

If we had "time spent online orbiting the Planet" statistics  - that would be scary for me  :slinkaway: 

I joined just to make sure I could keep up to date regarding ticketing for events and then...

I'm going to try very hard today to rekindle my interest in whatever I was interested in before skating, if I can remember what that was.

Hace 2 horas, ruruzest said:

Hehe, I actually have Nathan 's autograph. My friend 's son practices at the same rink as Nathan . My friend said that Nathan was super nice and looked very pleased to sign for her 😀. Now , who's at the same rink as Yuzu? :radio-006:I'm also wondering if it is too much for my friend to ask Nathan for Yuzu' s autograph....:snapoutofit:

I've got Nathan's autograph at GPF and it was quiet easy. Before the men's practice on Thursday he came and just sat among the audience. At first nobody noticed him but in 10 minutes people started to group around him and ask for autographs and photos. I think all this finally scared him a lot and he ran away :rofl:.

I managed to get Brian Orser's autograph as well and this one meant quiet a lot for me because he was my favourite skater when I was I kid and now coaching my favourite skater of all times:smile:.

On the last day I met Shoma at skater's entrance after the Gala and he was really nice signing patiently for everybody who asked.

And finally I got to see Yuzu leaving in a taxi...:girlsigh: 

24 minutes ago, Floria said:

I've got Nathan's autograph at GPF and it was quiet easy. Before the men's practice on Thursday he came and just sat among the audience. At first nobody noticed him but in 10 minutes people started to group around him and ask for autographs and photos. I think all this finally scared him a lot and he ran away :rofl:.

I managed to get Brian Orser's autograph as well and this one meant quiet a lot for me because he was my favourite skater when I was I kid and now coaching my favourite skater of all times:smile:.

On the last day I met Shoma at skater's entrance after the Gala and he was really nice signing patiently for everybody who asked.

I also met Brian Orser before the Sochi Olympics (and then later at Junior Worlds and in Helsinki), he is very nice in person. I have a picture with him.

In Helsinki I met a couple of skaters too. Nathan and Javi were standing alone on the corridor for about 15 minutes - they had more time because it was Friday, the day between SP and FS.

On my flight back home from Helsinki one of the photographers I met showed me his collection of signatures from figure skaters. He proudly told me that he had the chance to meet Yuzu before the exhibition and got a signature from him. So for the rest of the journey he gave me his collection and I hold Yuzu's signature in my hands. It was a beautiful ending of one of my best weekends of my life.:sadPooh:

2 hours ago, Floria said:

Those seats really have no backs? I thought it must be an optical illusion on TV! Why would they build that? :sadPooh: (I may have completely missed the point of your post. :laughing:)

ETA very important thing: Awwww, lil Shoma.