General Yuzuru Chat

16 minutes ago, kaerb said:

Do you have a link? O: how exciting for the photographer 

005H59Afly1fijswbifnej30qo0zkn40.jpg

:01::slinkaway: "'Please~', Yuzu smiles and shakes my hand"

I think Yuzu looks shy...oh:embSwan:and he is so nice:sadPooh:the special finger touch:13877886:

1 hour ago, kaerb said:

LOL I know it's probably just the timing of the photo but I'm laughing at how gingerly he's doing it like.......Yuzu that's not how you shake someone's hand..... :xD:

cuz she is not little girl... and she describes it as "shake", it can just be a touch....:Poohgaveup:

Edit: actually her friends are doing a great job taking photo of this special moment...sorry I was wrong. touch is just timing. He shook properly with everyone...:13877886:

20 minutes ago, kaerb said:

I laugh because my 16yr old brother has those exact proportions (he's around 169cm/170 though) and we always laugh about his giraffe neck. Yuzu makes it work though (probably because his legs are also long.....)

(It is an illuuuuusion. He has a very long torso and normal legs.)

4 hours ago, Strawberry said:

MAEBASHI Fireworks festival Digest

「Hope & Legacy」0:59~5:55

Thank you so much for sharing! This is so beautiful!!! :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

I kept recalling Yuzu's skate as I was watching the fireworks and I got teary. :sadPooh:

He is indeed the Hope and Legacy. I personally feel that H&L is more Yuzu than Seimei, but it's a pity that it's appreciated less. But perhaps I enjoy H&L so much because I know Yuzu's journey. For people who don't love Yuzu, Seimei definitely draws in people more and is easier to understand.

I will miss his H&L performance at worlds though! :sadPooh:  It was a truly magical moment! :10742290: *Shall go watch it a few more times with different commentary*

Watching this discussion about autographs, I feel like by the end of the year, we'll manage to have every top 6 guy's autograph covered minus Yuzu's...cause we're all too chicken to approach him. Probably for the best, since it sounds like we'll sponatenously implode once we reach within a 2 meter radius of him. 

I should go get Boyang's, since we're in the same country and everything. This May there was a commercial show at an ice rink in my city, but I was on a trip that day. so Almost everyone at my rink (except me) got pictures with Boyang. And a lot of skaters were just staying around later to sign stuff, including Sui and Han, one guy even got his shirt signed by every skater there (Boyang, Shen/Zhao, Sui/Han etc)...:sorrow:

1 hour ago, Xen said:

Watching this discussion about autographs, I feel like by the end of the year, we'll manage to have every top 6 guy's autograph covered minus Yuzu's...

I remember during Skate Canada (2016?), I think after the medal ceremony, Yuzu was signing autographs before he left the ice (and I think after 2014 it was too rare that he signs autographs, maybe also because of crowd control,  IIRC he said something in the context that if he signs one he thinks he has to give everyone too)

2 minutes ago, Anya said:

I remember during Skate Canada (2016?), I think after the medal ceremony, Yuzu was signing autographs before he left the ice (and I think after 2014 it was too rare that he signs autographs, maybe also because of crowd control,  IIRC he said something in the context that if he signs one he thinks he has to give everyone too)

it's always the case that as someone gets more popular it gets harder and harder to interact with fans (do signs, take pictures etc) because it's impossible to be fair and not leave someone feeling disappointed, and it's too socially/emotionally taxing. 

49 minutes ago, Anya said:

Actually I was at Skate Canada and I think one of the volunteers urged him to sign those autographs since many of the other skaters signed, and there were some young children there. I don't think he was initially planning to give any autographs and he may have felt obligated to in this case, I remember thinking it was odd that he signed anything at all. This is what I heard from some fans sitting closer by the Kiss & Cry where he signed. It's pretty rare for him to give autographs so I can't help but feel like he was pressured to in this situation. At ACI he didn't even give an autograph to the little girl who stuck her card out (although he did give her a flower from his bouquet).