General Yuzuru Chat

7 hours ago, IceWings said:

Since the music was dedicated to Sarasate and has Spanish influences, I'm thinking of a red, gold, black costume. Plus Spanish theme in the choreo too.

5 hours ago, CiONTUw4A said:

How about these?

3 hours ago, fyere0 said:

I had some fun making costumes for the new program. Which means, pasting pieces of gowns from the runway onto him and moving them around :D

I'm thinking of dark colours. These ones are purple and red. Dark green could look nice, too.

Hide contents

Xp4JqLV.png

VhaCBCT.png

yteKCRI.png

I feel like these would do for the violin version, but if he's using piano the effect of the music is different. So I can't wrap my head around the red. 

Maybe something Swanyu-esque? 

8 minutes ago, memae said:

Guys, why am I seeing stuff about Yuzu and a 4F here and there? I'm so lost. 

Yuzu ever-so-casually answered an interview question about how his 4A was going by saying he could now jump 4F and the whole thing was in the NHK Cup pamphlet. So some fanyus shared on weibo and Twitter,  and here we are in Frost Cuckoo Land.

Guys, do you suppose the reason  he learned to jump 4F was because 4A was being such a challenge that he switched to working on 4F for a break? So basically out of frustration? 

5 hours ago, daisyjune said:

I was so shocked to hear the news about Yuzu's injury I haven't come to this forum for a whole week....

Yesterday a NHK Trophy pamphlet was delivered to my house. I regained some of my energy after reading Yuzu's interview in it.

About NHK Trophy pamphlet, I sent DM to you. Could you please check your message box? Thank you!

Sorry for being late to reply! Thank you so much for the message :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw: I have just DMed you back. It is not urgent, so please check it when you have time.
I found the words in the pamphlet energizing too. It is really nice to have something to look forward to.

13 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Guys, do you suppose the reason  he learned to jump 4F was because 4A was being such a challenge that he switched to working on 4F for a break? So basically out of frustration? 

That was my first thought when I heard the news. That he practised the "easier" 4F to de-stress and stay motivated  :biggrin:

26 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Yuzu ever-so-casually answered an interview question about how his 4A was going by saying he could now jump 4F and the whole thing was in the NHK Cup pamphlet. So some fanyus shared on weibo and Twitter,  and here we are in Frost Cuckoo Land.

Thank you! All I could find was everyone talking about it and not where it started

13 hours ago, SuzyQ said:

So, I suddenly started looking for his talk with Shizuka.  No video left without a shortened narrative version, but a fan wrote down the whole :confused0066:

Just for those who might be interested. This is Part 3:

https://ameblo.jp/minminmin-vync/entry-12133625036.html

荒「なんかピアノよりバイオリンなイメージがある」

羽「あ~それはあります。やっぱり自分にもあのー」

荒「スケートのスタイルがね」

羽「自分の名前にも弦って入ってますしー」

荒「確かにねー」

羽「あの…すごく自分自身バイオリン好きなんですけど」

荒「それは何かご両親の、名前付けてくれた由来に関係あるの?」

羽「無い…ですね」

Arakawa: I think you have an image of violin rather than piano.
Hanyu: Oh, that's true. That's what I think of myself, too.
A: Your skating style is...
H: My name has 弦 (string) in it, too.
A: That's true.
H: Well...I really like violin myself...
A: Does that have anything to do with the origin of your parents' naming you?

H: No... I guess not.

Yuzuru, you said you liked violin, didn't you? :crybaby:

Well if you see him as a solo violinist with a piano accompaniment :) 

4 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I feel like these would do for the violin version, but if he's using piano the effect of the music is different. So I can't wrap my head around the red. 

Maybe something Swanyu-esque? 

For me it's the other way round actually. The violin version has a rather smooth timbre and fluent play, while the piano version has more of a staccato sound that fits quick, accentuated movements better. So I would go with an elegant burgundy/black for piano and pastel white/gold for violin.

Footnote: If it's about a bright red color scheme, I agree that for a piano piece that might be too striking. A discreet shade of wine red or burgundy would be beautiful, but not that bright Ferrari red.

On 4/20/2020 at 1:26 AM, monchan said:

2 piano pieces by foreign classical composers he skated to are all in Your Lie in April OST (Ballade no.1 and Etude in D), any chance if he's inclined to piano, he might pick another one in its album :xD: Cuz I suppose if he chooses classical music, it must be smt "one of the most famous" of that composer in Jp. And I think that anime did pick things that are more familiar with Jp public. He might not skate to Chopin again what a pity I love Winter Wind and Revolutionary Etude. Thou Love's Sorrow and The Sleeping Beauty are great too :winky:

I SAID ITTTTT 1.5 YEARS AGO MY GOSSSSH. Thou it might not be a piano piece (who knows) but rondo capriccioso is in my daily playlist tooo! And the post was in April. It's not a lie anymoreeeee

Spoiler

I've been rewatching some of Yuzu's skate and I'm struck all over again by how beautiful his skating is. There's noone like him, ever. He's a gift to this world. Now I'm hit by a wave of sadness thinking about everything that he's been through and how he's so giving, so kind, so good, yet he's had to face so much hardship. Every day I send him my thoughts and prayers. I know he'll be fine because he's strong and he'll find a way, but it's really painful now. Crying a little bit.

20 minutes ago, Yuzupu said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I've been rewatching some of Yuzu's skate and I'm struck all over again by how beautiful his skating is. There's noone like him, ever. He's a gift to this world. Now I'm hit by a wave of sadness thinking about everything that he's been through and how he's so giving, so kind, so good, yet he's had to face so much hardship. Every day I send him my thoughts and prayers. I know he'll be fine because he's strong and he'll find a way, but it's really painful now. Crying a little bit.

I feel the same:consoling2:
But let's hope for a quick recovery.:smiley-angelic001:

This scene made me smile a bit today, even Yuzu had to laugh:grin: