General Yuzuru Chat

So...

Does anyone know if the JSF updated the profiles by having their athletes do a physical check up? If that's the case then I'll take 172 cm as his legit height. Otherwise it makes me think the info on their ISU bios are just whatever the skater provides them and that maybe Javi randomly said 175 cm at one point and maybe Yuzu is just guessing at 172. 

36 minutes ago, Pamigena said:

that count?

c3d0d5305ee2efb50f11037d108f98e3.jpg

source: pinterest

*starts lolo-ing her way through Spain's national anthem* Good times :rofl:

It's a bit unfair how Javi's height would give us a good idea of Yuzu's but his is also all over the place *facepalm*

2 hours ago, cucciolo888 said:

Blue and black are definitely his colors, Yuzu doesn't have to think about fashion, everything looks perfect on this guy, from that weird cowboy outfit to simple t-shirt :acceptable:

L1SLy6L-bP8.jpg

I totally agree. Twitters are crazy about what Yuzu wears or has, and wants to follow his style. :smiley-love017: 

I can take breaks and rest, there is no rest for my mother. But––and perhaps only I think so––but I feel that my mom, too, is fighting alongside me, with me. I’m truly thankful to my mother who supports all aspects of my life in Toronto.

Yuzu's interview is so sweet. :devilYuzu:

And I'm not sure why he would say 'and perhaps only I think so' because it is clear for Yuzu fans that he wouldn't be where he is now without his mum. It still amazes me how dedicated she is to Yuzu. On a side note, I'm curious if her English is actually better than Yuzu's since she's the one who has to go about buying groceries and running the household. :10636614:

5 hours ago, Katt said:

That extra 1cm surely cause alot of discussions :popcorn:. Tbh I find those height on skater's bio can be a bit inaccurate. It could be +/-3cm to their real height.  My kpop bias was listed as 174cm in his bio when he debuted, and  2 years later, they changed it to 170cm and most people meet him said he's 168 cm :rofl: . And Yuzuru bulk up alot in the past 2 season it may help him to look taller. IMO I think he's around 173-174 cm

Kpop profiles usually lie about height especially for guys because it benefits their public image to be thought of as taller (G-Dragon was 'officially' 175cm at some point and someone did a height comparison when he was standing next to other people and it was like....no, I'd be surprised if he's even 170). 

I think athletes don't have as much pressure and they would get regular medicals so I'd say 172 seems accurate (and even if they did lie about it or get it wrong they wouldn't say he's shorter than he is). People with long limbs tend to 'feel' taller in photos and we gotta discount a couple of cms for his hair too haha. I'm frankly surprised he grew at all -- he seemed to have reached his full height very early and with all that heavy jumping.... (I haven't grown since I was 12 sobs) 

2 hours ago, kiches said:

So...

Does anyone know if the JSF updated the profiles by having their athletes do a physical check up? If that's the case then I'll take 172 cm as his legit height. Otherwise it makes me think the info on their ISU bios are just whatever the skater provides them and that maybe Javi randomly said 175 cm at one point and maybe Yuzu is just guessing at 172. 

Ah yes... the ongoing, never ending, mind-wracking question of how tall Yuzuru really is.

I think that Yuzu enjoys keeping everyone in suspense because it would be so simple for him to measure his height. At the "Asaichi" TV program, he could have stood against the wall and had a mark made on the wall and have that height measured on live TV. How hard is it to measure one's height?

According to the ISU official online biographies, Yuzuru is still listed at 171 cm and Javier is listed at 173 cm. There was a time that Javier was listed at 175 cm, but this was changed in the last year or so. I think that 173 cm is probably a more accurate height for Javier. Although people will not agree and the debate will go on ad infinitum, I think that Yuzu is a bit taller than Javier. This doesn't really help because we do not know how accurate Javier's stated height is.

The only statement that no one will probably seriously argue with is that Yuzu is the perfect height, no matter what it really is.