General Yuzuru Chat

6 hours ago, CiONTUw4A said:

From the way things are going, I believe If Yuzu and NC both skate clean or make mistakes, NC will still win. The only way for Yuzu to win is that he skates clean and NC doesn't.

Unfortunately, this is true.

I am indeed naturally pessimistic, but you don't necessarily need to be a pessimist to see this.

9 hours ago, CiONTUw4A said:

From the way things are going, I believe If Yuzu and NC both skate clean or make mistakes, NC will still win. The only way for Yuzu to win is that he skates clean and NC doesn't.

I loathe to admit that I have to brace for this possibility :knc_brian3: — I know wishing a competitor ill is not exactly good manners but when you end up feel that way just so that some semblance of fAiR judging would happen...well isn't that just mind boggling???

On 2/14/2021 at 9:50 PM, Paskud said:

weibo.com/ttarticle/p/show?id=2309404603386883604611

InfoStation translated interviews with artists (Shigeru Umebayashi, Ikuko Kawai, ToshI and others) about Zuzuru. Full text available only for weibo users. I'm not. But maybe someone here is and would be able to translate. Better Japanese-Chinese-English translation than nothing.

Really no one? Because it seems like Ikuko Kawai couldn't stop sing praises about Zu.

[about White Legend:] Although we have not met yet, I once received a personal letter from player Hanyu in which he solemnly wrote: "I am very happy to be associated with this song, and I hope to have the opportunity to meet you." He also wrote: "This song is my origin" makes me very happy.
(...)

The player Hanyu grasped the key points in the song that I thought were crucial, so after editing the original song, I didn't feel any unnaturalness. In addition, I think it may be because Hanyu has the sensibility of a musician. It can be said that he felt the same scene as a musician. I was surprised at his ability to grasp the melody by dividing the phrases.

His sense of rhythm is also very strong, and he can grasp the style of the whole song as a whole, which is very good. Just because it captures the essence of music, no matter how you edit it, it will not destroy the foundation of the music. Generally, there will be some errors in capturing sounds, but Hanyu is as if he is making those sounds and blends with the music, and the performance is closely integrated with the melody.

5 hours ago, YuzuNekozuu said:

I wonder if Yuzu's coaches will be at Sweden w him?

:dontdothistome:

They will be with Jason Brown, Jun Hwan Cha (last seen : a year ago too) and (sorry, memory problem well, Yuzuru Hanyu of course!) (Ekaterina Kurakova will be with Lorenzo Magri), so why couldn't they assist Pooh in his coaching?

@Dreamer & @Geo1  

Did he complain himself? Or was is just the Fed (or even his coach) in his name, but not necessarily with his approval? It is not the same.

40 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

@Dreamer & @Geo1  

Did he complain himself? Or was is just the Fed (or even his coach) in his name, but not necessarily with his approval? It is not the same.

If I am thinking of the same instance they are, he did, but I took it to be more a complaint on how judging was changing in general. A lot of skaters were grousing at the changes to point systems though. Heck. Judges still dont even seem to get their own scoring system it seems.😂😢

I happen to like Nathan as a technical skater. Yuzuru is the GOAT for a reason, Nathan has been gracious and openly stated Yuzuru is more rounded than him as he has admitted there are jumps he doesnt like as much that Yuzuru takes on. Perception I guess, I never took his words as being complaints only towards himself vs just in general how bad the scoring changes were. 

44 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

On a more positive note: Mom has finished the good-luck charms for Yuzu :cri:

By the way: She said to me, the eggs whispered to her that something very good will happen to Yuzu soon. And we all know, how good her predictions used to be... :notamused:

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

I started to be so superstitious because of FS.:68468287:

2 hours ago, Henni147 said:

On a more positive note: Mom has finished the good-luck charms for Yuzu :cri:

By the way: She said to me, the eggs whispered to her that something very good will happen to Yuzu soon. And we all know, how good her predictions used to be... :notamused:

From the eggs to the skating god's ears :loveeyes:

34 minutes ago, hananistellata said:

Did anyone else hear about the earthquake that happened in Japan today? I think it was a magnitude of 4 but I'm not sure.

I knew Japan experienced many earthquakes but it's the first time I hear about so many earthquakes within such a small period of time, even for Japanese standards.

I don't really think it's that weird. Japan has had one small quake every other day for decades, if not every day. It's just because March is the anniversary of the 2011 one that they get more attention this year. Just look at the 2020 stats: https://www.volcanodiscovery.com/earthquakes/japan/archive/2020.html

Even when I was there in 2019 I felt a very gentle one in Hiroshima and another one in Tokyo a week later. I thought the one in Tokyo was just a train underground passing beneath us (like you tend to feel in London) so I didn't worry but the cashier at the convenience store smiled at us with glee and said it was a small earthquake. :sadPooh: