General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, sallycinnamon said:

Yes, that's what I meant. It'd be allowed in a combination but no one would do that lol

I can't help but feel that where Yuzu is concerned, saying something like this is simply tempting fate. He'd do it in a second if he thought he could make it work 

3 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

I don't believe 4A is allowed in the SP, only 3A or 2A. But yeah, getting buried in the SP is much worse, because it affects your starting order and thus your PCS for the free among other psychological reasons. They do say "You can't win the competition in the SP, but you can lose it."

2 hours ago, Shimmering said:

They say so, yet Yuzu won a few competitions with the SP. The Sochi Olympics for example, or GPF 2016 (which just serves to prove that he is not like others :img_21:)

I think that saying is heavily related to residual 6.0 thinking - afaik, back then when you failed the first part of the competition, you would have been pretty much out of contention for gold, due to how ordinals worked.

Even under CoP, we've seen many times how much scores (GOE and PCS) can be affected by skating in earlier groups in FS. Also, if one has a good SP, judges will also be more willing to be generous in the FS, so it's a double effect: if you do well in SP judges might be more benevolent in the FS, if you're bad in the SP, judges will nitpick more in te FS too...in the end, a mistake in the SP can result in a much bigger point gap than e.g. the mere loss of BV. Heck, even skating first in the last group in the FS has resulted in judges being stingy (WC17 H&L says hi:tumblr_inline_n2pjd3rZJh1qdlkyg:)

Also, yeah, for example if one pops a quad into a double, in the FS you still get a couple points, in the SP you get 0. If you miss a combo in the FS, you usually have more chances to recover that later, while in SP you have max 2 jump you can use for combo. Also, in the SP the combo can't be whatever you want, for senior men it must be 4-3 or 4-2 or 3-3 or 3-2... for example a 2-2 would bring 0 points  in theory 4-4 would be invalid too, unless they change the rules LOL just imagine getting 0 points after lanidng a 4-4:tumblr_inline_mzx8v0X45Z1r8msi5:. For jr skaters the SP rules are even stricter (mandatory type for solo jump, so if one season the solo jump must be Flip, if you fail your combo you can't use the flip to recover it...the free skate doesn't have this kind of restrictions...well, it was supposed to be "free", after all...)

question: is it normal that bookmark option has disappeared and I can't access my bookmarks?

Also, the number of emojis has increased A LOT :shocked: I foresee that my typing skills will go from turtle-speed to snail-speed :embSwan:

6 hours ago, Marte said:

No, not Carmen:59227c768286a__s: but I will pray for a tango:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

I'm just speaking all the terrible things now so that none may come true. Except Sex Bomb, I'm serious about that one. :P I predicted Carmen last year, too. 

@raebia Your sister sounds like a soothsayer! 

Doesn't the solo jump in the SP have to be a non-axel jump? Or no?

8 hours ago, raebia said:

A long time ago I put my sister through watching Yuzurus programmes to make her understand...I began with Nice, as this was my hook up. 

She understood. We are western European, and she has no connection to Japan, eastern culture, or anything, but after watching Seimei she said: „ He conveys so much power. I dont know how he does it. He is so small, but there is so much power.“

After watching H&L , one of the performances before Helsinki WC she said:“ It is not yet ready, but it will be beautiful“.

What I want to say is, she is a long suffering family member of a fanyu, and she got the power of Seimei just right. 

I am sure she will never forget it, bless her😊😊.

edit: I am thinking...I probably look threatening as well when making her or others watch Yuzuru  skating, but mostly I am looking so starry— eyed watching him skate, I suspect, that people do not dare to put out these stars...😊

I play the fake "not really cares about your opinion and about the skater" card pretty well lol so that they don't feel that they NEED to like it to do me a favour

8 hours ago, anski said:

I’d actually be very interested to know what he has for breakfast haha for some reason I’m fascinated by what my favorite athletes eat, especially as answers vary so much

I think no one answered you, but he did share before what he eats for breakfast! It's a pretty typical Japanese breakfast, with rice and raw egg mixed in, and soy sauce. You can eat that with some vegetables or tofu on the side. I wonder if he likes natto lol.

17 hours ago, VyVy99 said:

I’ve sent him some comments during the time he wasn’t blogging and I did include one song there already. So this time I advise him my method of sleeping which is White noise! Specifically rain sound with thunders, I like putting a video with soft bgm along with those natural sounds. 🌧️

Re: Kose morning blog. Now he’s just winging it lol. One free time post, one night post, one morning post, next is evening routine? Or fav food?

His blog posts are so mundane it's adorable haha "Look, I'm really as boring as I said I am!" and "What is this thing called blogging?" :muahaha:

38 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

I think no one answered you, but he did share before what he eats for breakfast! It's a pretty typical Japanese breakfast, with rice and raw egg mixed in, and soy sauce. You can eat that with some vegetables or tofu on the side. I wonder if he likes natto lol.

Yuzu and natto is such a mismatch. But then, when I see him eat his rice in raw eggs, he does that circular motion that I see when people eat natto, so I'm not surprised.

11 minutes ago, Maleko said:

This is funny but sad at the same time because I do see Yuzuru worrying about his weight.

I understand what you're saying but on the other hand, it would be logical for him to monitor his weight carefully, because even a couple of pounds probably makes a difference to his jumps and the pressure on his ankle when he lands. 

11 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I understand what you're saying but on the other hand, it would be logical for him to monitor his weight carefully, because even a couple of pounds probably makes a difference to his jumps and the pressure on his ankle when he lands. 

The fine line between enough muscles and not too much weight 😖 He looks like he is the type that loses muscle mass very fast if he doesn't keep up training, and the only fats he has is around his chin.