General Yuzuru Chat

9 hours ago, Flutterby said:

I love Semei, but I also know I enjoyed it a lot more after seeing the movies and hearing the music in context, but how many Westerners would have seen those movies, especially before Yuzu skated to the music?

Like would you know Javi was doing a drunken pirate if not for the popularity of the POTC movies? Or would you think he was just being sloppy? Chaplin - another well known crowd friendly character that the casual viewing public can grab hold of.

So while Yuzu may be more unique and innovative, Javi can be easier for the audience to grasp. And judges are after all members of the audience.

(on a side note, I've now been converted to a huge fan of Nomura Mansai and Ito Hideaki. Thank you, Yuzu):tumblr_inline_mqt4gmPEiv1qz4rgp:

Maybe this is a cultural thing. All the people I've showed his programmes to were more struck by H&L even if they also appreciated Seimei. (Well it is a bit dangerous to not appreciate him when I'm showing somebody Yuzu, I tend to lead with the equivalent of 'look I'm going to show you the most amazing, wonderful thing in the world' said rather threateningly...)

11 hours ago, Marte said:

I have just catch up with almost 50 pages of post, I haven't been here for four days and I think I'm glad I missed nasty people saying unpleasant things. But it seems that in the meantime strange interviews have been released???:hihi: and the blog:tumblr_m9ralgqmho1qdlkyg:

(some pictures will give me nightmares and who mentioned Carmen as music for next year????:10742286:)

:wave: That would be me! :D 

2 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

?? What's he going to be doing? Live? Where? 

I think he is just saying like, Yuzu tells us sleep is important yet he is the reason that most of us are up at like 2 am in the morning just to watch him skate lol.

6 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

was just thinking of going down to my local luxury department store to see if they carry Kose and have the Yuzu ads. I think the odds are slim but it's worth a try. 

yeah so, for Canadian satellites:

https://beauty.shoppersdrugmart.ca/Luxury/brand/sekkisei

Now I have to run to my local Shoppers and see if Zu's face will be smiling back at me.