General Yuzuru Chat

Watch Brian's hairline as Nessie comes closer....

I'm reminded of that KissnCry clip someone put up where Yuzu is saying "I have to do everything, I have to do... perfect."

What we didn't realise, perhaps, is that he is still of that mind.  Everything. And everything perfect.

1 hour ago, Murieleirum said:

Save yourself the trouble: he wants to jump all the quads. All of them. 

It's only a matter of when is he going to pull it off. 

Well, he only has 4 minutes and seven jumping passes to get them all in. So the question remains, how? 

I'm liking the 4Lo though. Something nice and graceful about the way it takes off.

1 minute ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Well, he only has 4 minutes and seven jumping passes to get them all in. So the question remains, how? 

I'm liking the 4Lo though. Something nice and graceful about the way it takes off.

There are 6 types of jumps. Nuff said ;) (and no 4Flip. Not in the near future lol) 

39 minutes ago, TallyT said:

Watch Brian's hairline as Nessie comes closer....

I'm reminded of that KissnCry clip someone put up where Yuzu is saying "I have to do everything, I have to do... perfect."

What we didn't realise, perhaps, is that he is still of that mind.  Everything. And everything perfect.

We shouldn't complain, no matter how hard it is on our hearts and hair. That mindset is what makes him the champion after all.

On 9/26/2018 at 4:26 AM, Xen said:

To the point, Yuzu's speed does not really stand out on TV- not sure why but most skaters look like they are skating at the exact same speed on TV. But in fancams and especially live, you get a much better sense of speed and flow. Secondly, when we talk about extensions, and filling up the space. That's also something too that gets lost on TV due to cameras doing a lot of close-up on skaters' facial expressions. Yet in fancams and live, you rely more on a skater's presence, arms, legs etc extending properly and flowing properly to get the sense of music-facial expressions at least for me, is something I barely see. So who is moving, and who is not, is more noticeable in fancams and live than via TV.

From fancams, I think both Origin and Otonol look better in fancams than in TV. The pacing, and especially the languid section of Otonol seems to lose a bit in TV than live.

You can tell the difference of speed between op stsq and competition stsq when watching LIVE/fancams, but you cannot tell when watching on TV.

just want to say Otonal OP is amazing. First time cried for a program. And it is just a practice

1 hour ago, sallycinnamon said:

I love this Q&A :tumblr_inline_mfy936EPNF1qid2nw:

some relevant quotes

Q: You attempted to do the 4T-3A?

A: Yes, I went for it. Just that, well, I made a mistake on the salchow. As at that moment I thought “I want to put the 4-3 combo somewhere” and also for a split second I thought “I want to put the triple jump in a combo somewhere”, I did think a little about it. As in the end it became a situation in which almost all the combos could not be used, there are definitely many points for me to reflect on. 

Zuzu back overthinking things:68468287::13877886:

Q: You would still venture to include it (the 4T-3A) even though the jump sequence is 80% of the base value?

A: (laughs) It’s not particularly about being the first in the world (to do it in competition); that doesn’t matter to me personally. It’s just that, how do I put it, because it is something I can perform now largely without being bound by the scores. In that sense it is not about saying what a jump I can do means points-wise, but the best combination I am able to do. After all, I had thought about whether there can be a 3A that follows after a quad jump, and also that maybe I will do it.

Q: About the 4T-3T in your SP. After checking the scores it did not count within the points in the second half (which get the 10% bonus).

A: Well, I am ok about that (laughs). Hmm how should I put it. There isn’t regret or anything like that, as I had placed it there with the thought that maybe it will be so; I am not particularly preoccupied by it.

:14066882: he laughs, the troll:14066882: but also, keep doing what you want!:tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

We (and our hair) will survive...somehow

Q: What did you say after your performance?

A: I said something? I don’t know (laughs).

Q: It looked like you had roared out something.

A: I don’t know (laughs).

I bet he knows :winky::mischief:

unrelated, but I hope he keeps the current hair-lenght and those hair-styles, he looks so good

Also, thank you Yuzu, our benevolent King of delivering...LGC hair, black-ish costume, first pancake, fluff, kuyashii, giving heart attacks...I'm starting to think that we might one day see a tango program from him too... in a red costume...those are basically the only not-delivered things at the moment...next season maybe?

"Q: What did you say after your performance?

A: I said something? I don’t know (laughs).

Q: It looked like you had roared out something.

A: I don’t know (laughs)." 

Look at this boi feigning ignorance :laughing:

"Q: What is the layout for the FS?

A: Well, this is the base (laughs). Yes. I want to consider it in various ways with this as the base." 

Hmmm...I smell a 4A addition. Although he could have been talking about choreo as well. 

4 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

Save yourself the trouble: he wants to jump all the quads. All of them. 

It's only a matter of when is he going to pull it off. 

Including the 4F.

I mean...

"I'm afraid I won't be jumping the Lz or the F because I still feel a little odd when I pick."

The very first open practice we see: Jumps the 3F multiple times.

He wasn't talking about the triples, was he? That means the 4F, despite all odds, is somewhere on the horizon. Far away, but there. 

3 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Including the 4F.

I mean...

"I'm afraid I won't be jumping the Lz or the F because I still feel a little odd when I pick."

He wasn't talking about the triples, was he? That means the 4F, despite all odds, is somewhere on the horizon. Far away, but there. 

Sometimes I feel like Yuzu sees figure skating as a massive video game :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:He sounds like the kind of person who doesn't leave a game alone until he's completed all the optional side quests and defeated all the bosses. (I'm kidding, we all know figure skating means the world to him :7938863:

13 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Including the 4F.

I mean...

I had no idea he was jumping flips at ACI? Wow..

About the whole Kuyashii thing:

This is the reason why I think he will go for that 3rd OGM, his personality is very competitive, and I can't imagine him doing 2 seasons with a Quad Axel under his belt and going: That's it. I've accomplished everything there is to do in figure skating personally. 

And also, I don't really trust all his words now. He says stuff to the media that he somehow goes back on. That whole zen attitude and going back to his origin and just enjoying skating without caring too much of WR or winning was shattered in that one sentence "There is no point if I'm not winning" :xD:

I actually thought this time round he will go by his words, but boy I was wrong. How many days did it take for him to say that? :embSwan:

On 9/25/2018 at 3:34 PM, KatjaThera said:

On Friday, staff actually came down to the first row several times to talk to a fan who I think was Chinese, who had a camera with a HUGE lens. Most of us were filming or taking pictures, but to come with something like that... There was one on Saturday, too. And they even had to warn against using flash once, over the commentary.

There are some Japanese ladies that seem a bit scary. I'm pretty sure the ones sitting next to me on Saturday were also Japanese, but I felt no friendly vibes whatsoever and so didn't even try approaching them, although I spoke to a lot of fans (I seem to have become a bit of a celebrity, as several told me they recognized me from the TV interviews I did at the parade... :english1:). So there are fans and fans, regardless of nationality. I'm sure there are nice fans and not nice fans of every denomination.

And while I admit there were skaters I was less interested in and would sometimes check my phone, I think to some extent it can't be helped, because there aren't many breaks and many of the few breaks have to be spent lining up for the bathroom. But I still clapped and was happy when others cheered more than I could. There were however a few instances with kids from the rink, who would scream way loud and way too much. Like you cheer and clap when the skater/pair is introduced, but then quiet down as they get ready to get into position, to let them get in the zone. Screaming and shouting their names right up until they assume position is too much, IMO, because it can upset their focus. That happened a few times on Friday, I think, but on Saturday the group of kids was great, and they cheered for each and every one of the guys really loudly, which was great, as many didn't have as many fans to do it for them.

In a way, it is a bit of a cringe how completely different in volume the cheers for Yuzu are compared to everyone else, though... but it can't be helped and it's hardly his or his fans' fault that the others don't command as much attention...

I was there at 18 Olympics, and the screaming got out of control when Yuzu landed all his jumps in the SP. I've never seen a skating competition where the whole arena screamed during the performance. And this sort of screaming is somehow uncontrollable, because everyone instinctively does it. A bit worried if this sort of screaming during the performance may affect his performance.