General Yuzuru Chat

2 minutes ago, freeyafanfan said:

Troll :peek:we all know you said something lolol

It's understandable, it's the olympics and really we are all worried because of his injury and he went and deliver something like that :tumblr_inline_mzx8s4JRlX1r8msi5: how can you hold yourself back? I think even for a non-yuzu fan it's glorious enough that they would want to cheer too :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

I was watching at home alone and I screamed so hard my family thinks of disowning me from the family :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:they think me gone loco

I once saw a youtube reaction video to Yuzu's olympic performance from a Chinese Fanyu and I laughed so hard. She was such a screaming fan girl lol. :xD:

2 hours ago, quadaxelwin said:

True. I've seen Sochi and Vancouver olys, and PC Olys were different. Much more hysteria lol. However, with the rise of Yuzu's popularity, I think Worlds or GPF might be a venue where the crowd indeed "goes wild". I will go wild too if I see Yuzu land a 4A live. I just hope our overlord can keep his focus while the whole arena practically screams their lungs off. 

My biggest fear right now is not being able to tell 4A from 3A. I'll probably mistake his 4A for the World's Highest and Longest 3A :13877886:

6 hours ago, LadyLou said:

Q: What did you say after your performance?
A: I said something? I don’t know (laughs).
Q: It looked like you had roared out something.
A: I don’t know (laughs).

I bet he knows :winky::mischief:

Some people commented on one of the Origin YouTube videos that they thought he said ちくしょう (chikushou), meaning "Damn it!" :68468287:

Honestly, I think Yuzu is somewhat used to the cheering during the program and it's actually standard. It wasn't just for Yuzu, everyone clapped and cheered (albeit more loudly for home skaters or popular skaters) at every element. Even the falls, because you want to encourage them. Remember at Worlds 2012 when Yuzu fell on his step sequence, the crowd cheered for him and he said that encouraged him and helped him get up and continue his program even though he could barely breathe anymore. Cheering during a program I don't think feels like pressure, I think it feels more like support and "wow, they're really enjoying it!" IMO, the moment when everything needs to be quiet is when the program starts. Afterwards, cheering for the elements I think is fine - as long as we don't get totally hysterical "OMG, have my babies!" type of screams :P.

This actually reminds me a bit of that crap article recently, where the author said he believed Shoma could have won if not for the excited atmosphere at PC after Yuzu skated. Being able to deal with that kind of thing, as well as pressure in general, is also part of being an athlete. An athlete who is just physically skilled but doesn't have mental strength isn't going to get very far, IMO. Yuzu's ability to deal with pressure is one of the reasons why he's the best. His only issues is that he still has a tendency to overthink lol (and fixate on things... for the SP in ACI, he was fixated on the 4S in warmup, for the FP, he was fixated on the 4Lo and personally I think that took away his focus from the program as a whole, hence the following mistakes) But I'd much rather he have a human side like that, than be perfect all the time...

Remember during PC Nathan was specifically asked whether he thought skating after Yuzuru was the reason he did poorly in the SP and he was like "no. I knew it was coming. I've done it before. That's not the reason". I may not like his skating, but I really respect how he didn't make any excuses for himself or take the easy way out. 

Dealing with cheers, the toys on the ice, the lingering impact of the skater before you, the expectations of the crowd, it's all part and parcel of competing at that level, and one Yuzu and team prepare for just the same as the prepare for his jumps and spins. I love how TCC focuses on the mental aspects of the sports, not just the physical, and it shows in their athletes. 

27 minutes ago, OonsieHui said:

Remember during PC Nathan was specifically asked whether he thought skating after Yuzuru was the reason he did poorly in the SP and he was like "no. I knew it was coming. I've done it before. That's not the reason". I may not like his skating, but I really respect how he didn't make any excuses for himself or take the easy way out. 

Dealing with cheers, the toys on the ice, the lingering impact of the skater before you, the expectations of the crowd, it's all part and parcel of competing at that level, and one Yuzu and team prepare for just the same as the prepare for his jumps and spins. I love how TCC focuses on the mental aspects of the sports, not just the physical, and it shows in their athletes. 

I do wonder how on earth he did that with painkillers at PC olympics. I'm glad Yuzu is free from pressure (not 100% of course, but alot) since he achieved 2 OGMs. 

2 hours ago, IceWings said:

Some people commented on one of the Origin YouTube videos that they thought he said ちくしょう (chikushou), meaning "Damn it!" :68468287:

Actually there was a confirmation from Japanese newspapers (that highlighted it in bright, burning red letters LOL) that he said "くそ!" with a fair amount of stressing of the second syllable :xD: And yes, like @LadyLou said, it was very parallel to Nathan finishing one of his SP's last year and going "fuck" right when the camera zoomed in on him :P Instead, I noticed that in the Japanese broadcast of Yuzu's FS, when he was in the finishing pose the camera panned out, and they chose a shot which would hide Yuzuru's cussing. Oh, prude, prude Japanese tv! 

2 hours ago, freeyafanfan said:

they think me gone loco

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCO LOCO LLLLLOCOOOOOOOOO (couldn't help it)

2 hours ago, dotsquare said:

My biggest fear right now is not being able to tell 4A from 3A. I'll probably mistake his 4A for the World's Highest and Longest 3A :13877886:

Mmmh I think it will be difficult - it's the air time that will be different. You will probably feel something like "Oh my God, he is not landing!" or something. There was a similar feeling with his 4Lz, which had a delay in the first rotation and had 72 cm of height if I'm not mistaken. We were used to his 3Lz, so his 4Lz had a different rhythm (the air-time was "eternal" cit. Angelo Dolfini). Like, 3A is shu-tu-tu-tu-PA! While his 4A should be shu-tutututu-PA! Like, if you were to count the timing of the jump on a musical sheet, 3A would be 4 chromes, while his 4A would actually be an irregular tempo, a group of 5 chromes (how do you say in English? I have no idea, in Italian it's fifthies? Cinquine. Five beats in one tempo).

I bet Yuzuru has noticed this tempo difference, because getting the rhythm of the jump is fundamental to nail it and getting used to it. I think Yuzuru's musical ear is one of the thing that gives him an advantage other the others. Having a tempo inside you, and being able to listen to it, is so important. 

24 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Actually there was a confirmation from Japanese newspapers (that highlighted it in bright, burning red letters LOL) that he said "くそ!" with a fair amount of stressing of the second syllable :xD: And yes, like @LadyLou said, it was very parallel to Nathan finishing one of his SP's last year and going "fuck" right when the camera zoomed in on him :P Instead, I noticed that in the Japanese broadcast of Yuzu's FS, when he was in the finishing pose the camera panned out, and they chose a shot which would hide Yuzuru's cussing. Oh, prude, prude Japanese tv! 

Mmmh I think it will be difficult - it's the air time that will be different. You will probably feel something like "Oh my God, he is not landing!" or something. There was a similar feeling with his 4Lz, which had a delay in the first rotation and had 72 cm of height if I'm not mistaken. We were used to his 3Lz, so his 4Lz had a different rhythm (the air-time was "eternal" cit. Angelo Dolfini). Like, 3A is shu-tu-tu-tu-PA! While his 4A should be shu-tutututu-PA! Like, if you were to count the timing of the jump on a musical sheet, 3A would be 4 chromes, while his 4A would actually be an irregular tempo, a group of 5 chromes (how do you say in English? I have no idea, in Italian it's fifthies? Cinquine. Five beats in one tempo).

I bet Yuzuru has noticed this tempo difference, because getting the rhythm of the jump is fundamental to nail it and getting used to it. I think Yuzuru's musical ear is one of the thing that gives him an advantage other the others. Having a tempo inside you, and being able to listen to it, is so important. 

Actually, I doubt it was on purpose, as they've shown him saying it on other occasions - even subtitled it, in case anyone missed it LOL. My understanding is that "くそ!" in Japanese isn't quite as bad as regular cursing in English/other languages, but I'm not entirely sure lol (I actually often use it myself, as I prefer it to cursing in Romanian, which sounds really vulgar to me :P)

I've had that same fear regarding 4A, but aside from the length and height, I'll be counting on the much more experienced people in the audience to react lol That first 3A in Thursday practice was already crazy high and long and effortless. I was somewhat high up - 3rd row above the KnC - and it almost felt like he jumped at the same level I was at. It was particularly huge compared to all the other jumps we'd seen that far, too. The others didn't seem quite as huge - or maybe I'd just gotten spoiled by that one, but that first one was crazy. However, I was sure it was just 3A. Not sure how I knew, but I knew...

Believe me, it will be easy to tell a 4axel from a 3axel.  I was watching skating back in the 80s when the transition from triples to quads happened and you could tell. And when Midori did the first lady 3axel, the difference was huge in every way. You will know.  I think I watched her land that axel hundreds of times and in the context of that time, it would send shivers down my spine. Axels are just different beasts. 

1 hour ago, Murieleirum said:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCO LOCO LLLLLOCOOOOOOOOO (couldn't help it)

I totally said it hoping someone would react like this :xD:

54 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

You know, it's pretty funny how quickly we've gone from Nessie, the mythical beast, possible or impossible discussions, to tips on recognizing it and discussing when he'll do it, without any doubt any longer that he WILL do it.

Our brains were calm and composed at first then it totally gone haywire with many reports of sightings which grew out of hand and we were forced to accept Nessie as the beautiful and dangerous beast it is :tumblr_inline_n0o1ffHUs91qid2nw:

24 minutes ago, freeyafanfan said:

Our brains were calm and composed at first then it totally gone haywire with many reports of sightings which grew out of hand and we were forced to accept Nessie as the beautiful and dangerous beast it is :tumblr_inline_n0o1ffHUs91qid2nw:

Love how we're all talking about it as if it's already a landed jump that we've all seen and accepted. XD Well I guess this means we won't lose hair anymore.