General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, yuzuangel said:

The guy who played Seimei in the movie...lol

Just saying, it feels like ages since we last posted together in a general Yuzuru thread...

:sadPooh:things have changed a lot this last month (i'm feeling nostalgic and longing for simpler times...)

I have so many opinions when I read all of these pages to catch up and when I finish I can't think of anything that hasn't been yet said xD

Oh, well. During the last Olympic season, Yuzuru kept the same Short Program, and repeated a theme for the Long Program.

If he does the same this Olympic season, with Chopin in the SP and Seimei in the Long Program... I don't see anything strange or surprising.

Also, this is only my two cents but Chopin is the program that the judges loved the most. And they gave Yuzuru 49 in PCS for it, skated clean. By going 'beyond the ideal', my guess is Yuzuru wants to truly break the scoring system and take the perfect 50, or the perfect 100. And the most exciting thing is that... he is the only skater in the world that could do it. 

3 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

He's the actor who portrayed Seimei in Onmyouji :dpooh: 

3 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

The guy who played Seimei in the movie...lol

Well, then... Seimei 2.0 confirmed! :rofl:

When he said he wanted to go beyond his ideal, I didn't actually expect him to be so damn literal!

Although I'm now chill, there is that lingering bit of disappointment if he does go for Seimei again, especially if a similar cut instead of something completely new from the OST. To me, Chopin and Seimei weren't things he did two seasons ago; they happened last November, when I first found him, so they're very fresh in my mind. The re-treading on the SP I can accept more easily when attached to something completely new for the FS. But a re-treading of both programs is harder to think as something positive because it seems to go against what I've perceived of his personality from his many past interviews. 

But, well, it's the Olympics and apparently in Figure Skating that means less experimentation, more tired tried and true. Unlike gymnastics, which is the sport I usually follow the most during Olympics, where things aren't played so safe. 

Edited for the typo, which was sadly fitting lol.

I'd actually mind a Seimei part 2 - ideally with a different music cut and choreo - a lot less than the 3rd Chopin... But again, that's tastes. And let's not jump to conclusions, anyway...

2 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Also, this is only my two cents but Chopin is the program that the judges loved the most. And they gave Yuzuru 49 in PCS for it, skated clean. By going 'beyond the ideal', my guess is Yuzuru wants to truly break the scoring system and take the perfect 50, or the perfect 100. And the most exciting thing is that... he is the only skater in the world that could do it. 

The issue with this, for me, is that there's not a whole lot further he can go, PCS wise... So even if he gets that, he might still get beaten if the BV isn't high enough... How kuyashii would that be? :yznotimpressed: The issue with aiming for a clean program is that the BV also needs to be high, or else you're not just counting on you being clean, but also on others not being clean... Which is a lot of variables. Most of all looking forward to proof of technical upgrades...

11 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Oh, well. During the last Olympic season, Yuzuru kept the same Short Program, and repeated a theme for the Long Program.

If he does the same this Olympic season, with Chopin in the SP and Seimei in the Long Program... I don't see anything strange or surprising.

When you put it that way, it isn't. I thought he matured a lot artistically since then, and in my view became a more perfect, complete skater. Part of that was innovation. So he is still a great technical skater, a great competitor, and there is incredible beauty to those programs, but there would be some disillusionment for me. Maybe my ideal does not overlap with his after all. That is no one's fault. I am a bad fan, in a way, because I care less about figure skating as a sport than as art. I am ignoring what it's really about, in the end, which is a competition.

2 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

:sadPooh:i can't take this. I was promised a quiet off season!!!!

Who lied to you so cruelly? :consoling2: (It's my first off season, but I never expected it to be quiet... lol)

We'll survive, somehow... Whatever programs, it's still the Yuzu we love! So let's just enjoy watching him skate! :grouphug: