General Yuzuru Chat

I came in here after a day of exams expecting show fluff and I got a fireball to the face instead :smiley-sick030:

I was very surprised at the News of him reusing Chopin, didn't expect that at all. I'm worried about the pressure it may entail, since he already skated it to (almost?) perfection before; also, that judges will ding him for not bringing a new program. Still, nothing more we can do but trust him: Yuzu knows what he's doing, and he will upgrade accordingly in pursuit of that OGM.

(I don't have enough braincells to even think about Seimei 2.0 I'm just... :arrow-head-smiley-face:)

2 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

Who lied to you so cruelly? :consoling2: (It's my first off season, but I never expected it to be quiet... lol)

We'll survive, somehow... Whatever programs, it's still the Yuzu we love! So let's just enjoy watching him skate! :grouphug:

Considering i registered on the other place in september and now i ended up being an admin on the Planet... This off season was completely unexpected for me. This isn't what i had planned at all. My plan was chilling away from Yuzu for some days :sadPooh: I am sorry i feel nostalgic and pretty overwhelmed by everything 

i think i need a break

Just now, sweetwater said:

:consoling2: It will be calmer once everything are announced… survive. we’ll see cutest Yuzu in about 20 or 30 hours :star-plucker-smiley:

make that 40 minutes. We'll have a Yuzu glimpse on mezamashi (i still don't know if it's going to be just a short report, interview or whatttt)

1 minute ago, Hydroblade said:

Considering i registered on the other place in september and now i ended up being an admin on the Planet... This off season was completely unexpected for me. This isn't what i had planned at all. My plan was chilling away from Yuzu for some days :sadPooh: I am sorry i feel nostalgic and pretty overwhelmed by everything 

i think i need a break

Too late - you're too deep in it now. :81:And there's no escape.

1 minute ago, Hydroblade said:

i think i need a break

I remember you joining us at the other place... and you were such a prolific poster, lol... and now look at you. this place would not be what it is without you.. So much can change in a short time, eh?

Just now, Hydroblade said:

make that 40 minutes. We'll have a Yuzu glimpse on mezamashi (i still don't know if it's going to be just a short report, interview or whatttt)

So there's another mini-supernova exploding today? Wow, what a day...

...There's still no actual confirmation about Seimei 2.0 tho. At this point I wonder if Max should really tweet about rumor, considering many will believe in his words

I will believe when I see it. I even think there's still chance that Chopin 3.0 won't happend if Yuzu and Jeff get a new idea out of nowhere. Its still May after all.

1 minute ago, Katt said:

I will believe when I see it. I even think there's still chance that Chopin 3.0 won't happend if Yuzu and Jeff get a new idea out of nowhere. Its still May after all.

Right now I'm set on completely different music cut and choreo. I just can't see a completely repeat, sorry.

2 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

i think i need a break

I'm waiting for more details about SP and news about FS before admitting complete breakdown  :dpooh:

1 minute ago, beki said:

When you put it that way, it isn't. I thought he matured a lot artistically since then, and in my view became a more perfect, complete skater. Part of that was innovation. So he is still a great technical skater, a great competitor, and there is incredible beauty to those programs, but there would be some disillusionment for me. Maybe my ideal does not overlap with his after all. That is no one's fault. I am a bad fan, in a way, because I care less about figure skating as a sport than as art. I am ignoring what it's really about, in the end, which is a competition.

I don't think this season is really that reflective of his ideal. Also, to me, his ideal is a perfect blend of sport and art. That was the impression I always got... I honestly think he did sort of achieve that with Hope and Legacy... (It's not my favorite program, when I think of it, but when I'm watching it, I often find myself thinking it's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen)

But this year, it's about the Olympics. Even if he says otherwise, he wants that second gold and might be willing to let his ideal wait a little longer for it.

That said, we have yet to hear his take on all of this. Why he's doing this. It's not the first time he's made fans go WTF? only to in the end realize he was right all along... I'm still not happy with Chopin and I worry, but I want to hear what he says...

3 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

i think i need a break

I've been a fan since December, and I haven't been this active on a forum in maybe... almost 10 years? So I get you somewhat... No reason to feel sorry. Feelings are to be embraced. :grouphug:

2 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Right now I'm set on completely different music cut and choreo. I just can't see a completely repeat, sorry.

But what is the point of keeping chopin then? He might as well get completely different music or at least a different chopin piece

43 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

He seemed to have doubled 4Lo. 2Lo//3A, 4T-3T was the layout I saw in many on-site reports.

Shame! I wouldn't be surprised if he plays around with the layout to see what works best for him if he's really going to use it for next season. Bring it on Hanyu...bring it on....:smiley-dance018: