General Yuzuru Chat

14 minutes ago, yuzupon said:

Interrupting the current flow of convo with a complain:

Habu-san was wearing THAT!!

*with the most pathetic whine I can muster* 

Why can't Zu wear a similar thing instead of the better-but-still-not-quite fitting suit???

:13877886:

Now that we know that Mr Hanyu knows about Mr Habu's wife's Fanyu followers, maybe we can enlist them to whine about the absense of hakama. 

6 hours ago, dotsquare said:

Rough translation:

I met Hanyu-kun! He told me that he always sees me on TV so I told him 'I always watch you on TV too.  The time when you were injured must have been really tough! You really moved me, thank you!'. Also, he taught me how to take a selfie! Looks like it came out on the 'Wide Show' 

The ever helpful boy !

also he must be lurking and heard our collectively agonizing cry for a fitted suit !

20 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Thank you so much for the translation. I am always interested in Yuzu interviews/speech being translated in English to compare with the Japanese original (to learn more natural English expression). Your translation is great in terms of not losing the nuance of the original. 

The part that you couldn't pick up the words because the empress voice was so soft, I think she said '見事に舞って下さいました' or '見事に勝って下さいました'. So it's either 'You danced so splendidly' or 'You superbly won'. It make sense in either way as Japanese.

Wow, thank you! I think one of the hardest things about translating for me is making things sound natural in English, so your comment means a lot! And thank you for filling in the gaps! 

4 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Now that we know that Mr Hanyu knows about Mr Habu's wife's Fanyu followers, maybe we can enlist them to whine about the absense of hakama. 

Japanese speakers, get on it!:smiley-angry031:

*cough* I mean, while I do this :reading: re: Japanese language.

4 hours ago, dotsquare said:

Empress: *asks about his injury*

YH: There is still one month of rehabilitation left. The doctor advised me stop (skating) but I am now able skate up to a point. As for my foot, the things I am doing now I can do without pain.  

Advised you to stop skating for rehab? For a month? For a year?? FOREVER??? 

:headdesk:can he just... like.... not keep giving me heart attacks....

12 minutes ago, OonsieHui said:

Advised you to stop skating for rehab? For a month? For a year?? FOREVER??? 

:headdesk:can he just... like.... not keep giving me heart attacks....

I should clarify! I listened to this part like 50 times and from what I could gather, the original advice (maybe from when rehab first started) was to avoid skating for the rehab period. Yuzu then goes on to say that things changed and he was able to skate. I don't know whether this means the doctor gave him the green light to skate or if he decided he could tolerate it. 

Medically speaking, the fact that he can skate without pain means it should be safe to pursue. The general principle of rehab is to permit healing and then reintroduce movement and weight bearing when the pain has stopped. On this basis, I can only assume that Yuzu came to some kind of compromise with his medical team which is why the terms changed.

11 minutes ago, dotsquare said:

I should clarify! I listened to this part like 50 times and from what I could gather, the original advice (maybe from when rehab first started) was to avoid skating for the rehab period. Yuzu then goes on to say that things changed and he was able to skate. I don't know whether this means the doctor gave him the green light to skate or if he decided he could tolerate it. 

Medically speaking, the fact that he can skate without pain means it should be safe to pursue. The general principle of rehab is to permit healing and then reintroduce movement and weight bearing when the pain has stopped. On this basis, I can only assume that Yuzu came to some kind of compromise with his medical team which is why the terms changed.

Thanks for the clarification :)

Much needed because I don't altogether trust Yuzu to do what the doctor advises. >< 

2 hours ago, Xen said:

You better not shout, you better not pout,

You better not lie cause I'm telling you why,

Lurker Yuzu's coming to town.

He's peaking at tweets, checkin' 'em twice,

Gonna find out what's been trendy and nice,

Lurker Yuzu's coming to town.

He knows when you've been crying,

He knows of all your memes,

He knows if you need watering now,

So be good for goodness sake.

Seriously, looking at the updates on Yuzu saying he follows us, I feel like someone needs to do a video of him to "Ninja of the Night."

To the tune of "Music of the Night"?

1 hour ago, dotsquare said:

You've just reached out a hand and save my poor heart from a dramatic fall there :bow:  :10742289:

that somehow came out bit creepy