General Yuzuru Chat

2 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Fear after breaking the WR? Of what, losing? Being chased? Pressure?

Of having to live up to the high standard he set every time. People do want that from him now. Godlike perfection always. That's why I don't like to focus too much on clean skates. It doesn't help him. To see him keep growing, keep performing, and not lose his love for skating is what I want.

5 minutes ago, dd2_edge said:

So true. He cried after breaking the WR (again) in 15 GPF - he admitted in an interview to Shuzo Matsuoka that he did it out of fear. But he never runs away from his genius and talent and what comes with the crown. It's hard getting to the top, but the ultimate test is staying there braving the winds and clouds at all times. I'm afraid Yuzu will always be alone.

I wouldn't say that he will always be alone. I'd say that his skating career is a fight he has to do by himself - with the support of many people off-ice, but his own strenght on ice, alone. 

But I feel like him saying that he feels 'lonely' is because of his loneliness on a private level. He has tons of love from all around the world, but the love one craves the most is the one we can fall asleep to, and wake up to. So, as long as Yuzuru is fighting this fight, he'll probably endure this loneliness for a little while longer. But after he r****s, a new life will begin for him, I am sure of it. 

I re-viewed that part again to make sure I got it right.
Yuzu said, in hindsight, he recognised he had cried because he had tasted the kind of pressure that comes along with a WR. He cited the example of Michelle Kwan, who was considered Miss Perfect, having won the Worlds but did not win the Olympics. He said at that particular moment (at the K&C), he understood the kind of pressure she had faced.

14 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

I wouldn't say that he will always be alone. I'd say that his skating career is a fight he has to do by himself - with the support of many people off-ice, but his own strenght on ice, alone. 

But I feel like him saying that he feels 'lonely' is because of his loneliness on a private level. He has tons of love from all around the world, but the love one craves the most is the one we can fall asleep to, and wake up to. So, as long as Yuzuru is fighting this fight, he'll probably endure this loneliness for a little while longer. But after he r****s, a new life will begin for him, I am sure of it. 

Sure. I should have stated it more clearly. I was talking about the loneliness he has to endure in his skating career.

25 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Fear after breaking the WR? Of what, losing? Being chased? Pressure?

Inadvertently I replied to you in a new post. Here it is:

"I re-viewed that part again to make sure I got it right.
Yuzu said, in hindsight, he recognised he had cried because he had tasted the kind of pressure that comes along with a WR. He cited the example of Michelle Kwan, who was considered Miss Perfect, having won the Worlds but did not win the Olympics. He said at that particular moment (at the K&C), he understood the kind of pressure she had faced."

39 minutes ago, dd2_edge said:

I re-viewed that part again to make sure I got it right.
Yuzu said, in hindsight, he recognised he had cried because he had tasted the kind of pressure that comes along with a WR. He cited the example of Michelle Kwan, who was considered Miss Perfect, having won the Worlds but did not win the Olympics. He said at that particular moment (at the K&C), he understood the kind of pressure she had faced.

Thank you so much for posting this interview! Someone had told me the story of Yuzuru reacting to the 'Javi' chorus and doing a 3A and thinking that he wanted all of them to watch him, but they didn't link it to any interview! I am glad I can hear him say it. In this interview, he feels particularily emotional. I love when he shows his most aggressive side. 

44 minutes ago, dd2_edge said:

Inadvertently I replied to you in a new post. Here it is:

"I re-viewed that part again to make sure I got it right.
Yuzu said, in hindsight, he recognised he had cried because he had tasted the kind of pressure that comes along with a WR. He cited the example of Michelle Kwan, who was considered Miss Perfect, having won the Worlds but did not win the Olympics. He said at that particular moment (at the K&C), he understood the kind of pressure she had faced."

Thanks. This is the first time I've heard Yuzu mention Michelle Kwan, I think. Interesting.

3 hours ago, anyanee said:

Guys, I have a silly question to ask but I really want to know from pre-Sochi era fanyu......How do you guys survive olympic season....

Sorry for off topic....

I didn't. I died the day after the Team event and was revived by Olympic champion Yuzuru Hanyu's smile. :dpooh:

1 minute ago, Anony said:

I didn't. I died the day after the Team event and was revived by Olympic champion Yuzuru Hanyu's smile. :dpooh:

Oh, it was a rollercoaster. I was in haven after SP and then the next day, after his FS I was in hell, doom and gloom for a few minutes until P.Chan skated and blew it,  then in HAVEN again. I felt exhausted at the end but so happy!!!  :0006:

4 hours ago, Anony said:

4 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

Oh, it was a rollercoaster. I was in haven after SP and then the next day, after his FS I was in hell, doom and gloom for a few minutes until P.Chan skated and blew it,  then in HAVEN again. I felt exhausted at the end but so happy!!!  :0006:

Thanks for your story^^ That time must full of stress and happiness!!