General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, ralucutzagy said:

OMG! Look what I found on tumblr .... Crazy ppl!!!

tumblr_oq0hqwvxPA1uwc1x0o1_1280.jpg

source: tumblr/figure-skating-confessions

And how is this Yuzu's fault?!?!?!  :yznotimpressed:

Doesn't matter of it's Yuzu's fault or nah, it's just an opportunity to bash him

Was that sent by karne or what? This confession is so funny to me, especially the part about Yuzu's quad thirst. Javi and Kevin Reynolds were doing 3 quad programs long before Yuzu. I'm doubtful Yuzu would have thought about jumping more than 3 quads if the youngsters hadn't been throwing 4Lz and 4F around. It makes no logical sense.

8 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

He's too good and the only way they can think of to beat him is to jump theirselves to an early grave. That's my take on it, at least. Of course, that doesn't make it his fault. Or maybe he shouldn't compete to his full capabilities, so the others won't feel left behind? It's ridiculous, either way.

Just now, xeyra said:

Was that sent by karne or what? This confession is so funny to me, especially the part about Yuzu's quad  thirst. Javi and Kevin Reynolds were doing 3 quad programs long before Yuzu. I'm doubtful Yuzu would have thought about jumping more than 3 quads if the youngsters hadn't been throwing 4Lz and 4F around. It makes no logical sense.

I think he would have, eventually, because he likes to challenge himself. But he definitely would have taken it more slowly, IMO The problem is that skills take time to develop, so adding quads is easier, I guess

1 minute ago, KatjaThera said:

He's too good and the only way they can think of to beat him is to jump theirselves to an early grave. That's my take on it, at least. Of course, that doesn't make it his fault. Or maybe he shouldn't compete to his full capabilities, so the others won't feel left behind? It's ridiculous, either way.

Basically Yuzu should have rolled over and not upgraded anything for years like everyone else so he could have been more easily surpassed by someone's faves.

1 hour ago, Floria said:

Maybe his 4A success rate is already better then 4Lz  :slinkaway:

Nah. 4A is a monster of a jump, extremely dangerous. He might try for fun here and there, but if he's working on a new quad, it's the 4Lz, especially considering those old news by Max. 

The 4A will be a post-Olympics thing. Even then, it's going to be really hard to incorporate into a program, especially considering how Yuzuru likes to do things. One of the reasons why I'm curious to see it, is because I want to know if he'll end up compromising or not. Might have to. 

10 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Was that sent by karne or what? This confession is so funny to me, especially the part about Yuzu's quad  thirst. Javi and Kevin Reynolds were doing 3 quad programs long before Yuzu. I'm doubtful Yuzu would have thought about jumping more than 3 quads if the youngsters hadn't been throwing 4Lz and 4F around. It makes no logical sense.

Now you're unfair to karne. She would blame the PCs and GOE candies, but not Yuzu. Not her style, she's better than that, honestly.

2 minutes ago, fireovertheice said:

What I really don't understand about this people is how do not they recognise Yuzuru's greatness and overall "roundness". You can dislike maybe his style or his costumes, but about his technique and SS as well as his artistry and musicality it is no possible to be so biased and blind :snbleh:.

We can mail them The Swan if they didn't saw it yet ... :snkuyashii:

4 minutes ago, Altie said:

Now you're unfair to karne. She would blame the PCs and GOE candies, but not Yuzu. Not her style, she's better than that, honestly.

I know! I didn't mean it. It was the only name that came to my mind given the people mentioned in the confession. 

2 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

I saw this, too, and loudly exclaim "huuuuuh?"

I mean, "his quad thirst"? I will admit I don't follow men's skating as closely as some others in FS fandom, obviously. But, to say that Yuzu has a 'quad thirst' in comparison to others is just plain obtuse. And his dominance is not because he is the king of quads. His dominance is due to how rounded his skating is. Yes, it is including the QUALITY of his quads, but also all the other elements. FS becoming a jumping contest is definitely not his fault, when he always go to the pain of making sure he consistently perform beautiful, complicated programs in competitions. It's how the judges and ISU in general, are rewarding quads - underrotated, pre-rotated, landed shakily be damned - as if that's the only thing that matters. 

This is why confession type tumblr is one of my pet peeves. I wish they didn't tag Yuzu, so I don't have to see it. But then I'll se it in this forum anyway. :smiley-sick030:

2 hours ago, Floria said:

Keiji Tanaka interview with comments on Yuzuru

I'm so glad that Yuzu has such good childhood friends in Keiji and Ryuju. Maybe those 3 can do a reality show of traveling around Japan when they do decide to r****. I loved their interactions at NHK trophy including that interview they had with Akiko (with Yuzuru suddenly sitting in with Keiji and Ryuju's interview).

One thing I've noticed is that people who've known Yuzuru since he was young have all commented that he hasn't changed at all and that his personality is basically the same. Aaaah.. that's such a rare quality. This boy is really special. If I could quote Tsuzuki-sensei:

“When I started coaching him, he was in his second year of elementary school. He was pure and innocent, yet mischievous. His mother worked very hard to keep him in line… (and now it's Brian's job.. :rofl:)

“When he was little, he’d get in arguments with his [rink]mates on a daily basis. Even if he’d end up crying, he wouldn’t regret it… 

“I think he’s grown quite a bit. But Yuzuru Hanyu’s original nature has not changed.”

Quote translation from: http://hanyusan.tumblr.com/post/154633425357