General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, xeyra said:

It's not entirely non-FS fans, though. I can't quite forget that interview with Trankov, with the Javi is the last truly masculine man comment.

Well, Russian is also a macho society... Not that I want to offend Russians. I think it is just the reality of this world. We still live in a world where the majority of people think men should act like that and look like this. And women should be feminine etc. 

The point is, it is still a bit sad that the most famous and celebrated skater of the current field is considered weak by the non-fans.

I never consider world classes athletes weak even I do not follow their sports. 

1 minute ago, meoima said:

Well, Russian is also a macho society... Not that I want to offend Russians. I think it is just the reality of this world. We still live in a world where the majority of people think men should act like that and look like this. And women should be feminine etc. 

The point is, it is still a bit sad that the most famous and celebrated skater of the current field is considered weak by the non-fans.

I never consider world classes athletes weak even I do not follow their sports. 

I on the other hand, cannot take macho-ness, feels so cringe to watch but I respect whateva it is that people likes :happy0007:Yuzu's figure is perfect for figure skating! just see how ethereal he looks on ice :smiley-love017:

9 minutes ago, xeyra said:

It's not entirely non-FS fans, though. I can't quite forget that interview with Trankov, with the Javi is the last truly masculine man comment.

Yes, I remember that interview. It was quite interesting but that comment about the last masculine skater was just :disagree:

Anyway could any of these people who call Yuzuru "feminine" and "fragile"  imagine how much strength of body and mind is necessary to jump a quad?

Having followed kpop for a really long time I never really noticed yuzuru was "feminine" and even thought he was quite manly lmao...

Though I don't know how someone could think doing 4 rotations in under a second MULTIPLE TIMES and landing with 4(?) times their weight is feminine but that's just me?

1 minute ago, Floria said:

Yes, I remember that interview. It was quite interesting but that comment about the last masculine skater was just :disagree:

Anyway could any of these people who call Yuzuru "feminine" and "fragfle"  imagine how much strength of body and mind is necessary to jump a quad?

Well, what's so important about being masculine anyway. One of the things I like about yuzu is that he's not afraid to explore femininity. He's not caught up about showing how macho he is to the world, he is secure in his own identity and open minded. 

I think some of these people forget, female skaters can jump triples, and may move on to quads in a few years as the sport progresses, strength is not exclusive to a certain gender. 

5 minutes ago, yuzuuu said:

I on the other hand, cannot take macho-ness, feels so cringe to watch but I respect whateva it is that people likes :happy0007:Yuzu's figure is perfect for figure skating! just see how ethereal he looks on ice :smiley-love017:

and it is funny but I have to say, in the list of those male athletes, Yuzuru is truly striking and more like an artist than an athletes if they judge by the looks only.

The rest are typical sportsmen. Not that there is anything wrong with it. They are sportsmen and people can tell them right away. I like that Yuzuru's looks fool people. He is the best example of: "Do not judge someone by their looks". Lol 

BTW... am I the only one who find Kei Nishikori not handsome at all (I mean he is NOT easy to the eyes by average Asian standard). Nishikori has a gummy smile. And I do not know how people here think, but in my country, a gummy smile is highly unattractive. 

1 minute ago, lily said:

Having followed kpop for a really long time I never really noticed yuzuru was "feminine" and even thought he was quite manly lmao...

Though I don't know how someone could think doing 4 rotations in under a second MULTIPLE TIMES and landing with 4(?) times their weight is feminine but that's just me?

:rofl:omg same, I'm not a huge fan of kpop but I do have groups I like and I have to say yuzu is like highly manly already if compared. No one seems to have problem with kpop idols, why yuzu who's an athlete (which like you said requires so much strength), actually not just an athlete but a top athlete ?

Lol at the comments of that poll saying "Yuzuru won't be married with a woman" or "I can only see Yuzuru as the girl" - oh, how sad life must be, with all those gender roles in your head?

To me, Yuzuru's main beauty is that he can convey both masculine and feminine energy into his skating, and thus making it complete, multicolored, original, new. He is not afraid to explore his feminine side, a world that's not familiar to him, but he also has a strong male identity always with him. His sexuality is present, but not flaunted. His manly side is present, but not flaunted. His feminine side is present, but not forced. Everything is in balance and there is an acceptance of different ways to exist, live, and skate. He smashes gender norms and gender roles like they're nothing to him. Some people will call him girly, some people will call him cold, and these people are just too blind to see everything that's going on on the ice when he's there - because there's a lot going on. 

(of course my 69th post had to be about Yuzuru's sexuality)

5 minutes ago, meoima said:

and it is funny but I have to say, in the list of those male athletes, Yuzuru is truly striking and more like an artist than an athletes if they judge by the looks only.

The rest are typical sportsmen. Not that there is anything wrong with it. They are sportsmen and people can tell them right away. I like that Yuzuru's looks fool people. He is the best example of: "Do not judge someone by their looks". Lol 

BTW... am I the only one who find Kei Nishikori not handsome at all (I mean he is NOT easy to the eyes by average Asian standard). Nishikori has a gummy smile. And I do not know how people here think, but in my country, a gummy smile is highly unattractive. 

no youre not alone, I don't find him handsome at all, looks like the typical playboy type I have everywhere in my school. :happy0007:Yuzu is truly special in terms of everything.

Just now, Murieleirum said:

Lol at the comments of that poll saying "Yuzuru won't be married with a woman" or "I can only see Yuzuru as the girl" - oh, how sad life must be, with all those gender roles in your head?

To me, Yuzuru's main beauty is that he can convey both masculine and feminine energy into his skating, and thus making it complete, multicolored, original, new. He is not afraid to explore his feminine side, a world that's not familiar to him, but he also has a strong male identity always with him. His sexuality is present, but not flaunted. His manly side is present, but not flaunted. His feminine side is present, but not forced. Everything is in balance and there is an acceptance of different ways to exist, live, and skate. He smashes gender norms and gender roles like they're nothing to him. Some people will call him girly, some people will call him cold, and these people are just too blind to see everything that's going on on the ice when he's there - because there's a lot going on. 

I agree completely :goe: Yuzu can't be fit into labels or boxes, he is complex and interesting and is not afraid to show it. 

4 minutes ago, wombat-poodle said:

Well, what's so important about being masculine anyway. One of the things I like about yuzu is that he's not afraid to explore femininity. He's not caught up about showing how macho he is to the world, he is secure in his own identity and open minded. 

I think some of these people forget, female skaters can jump triples, and may move on to quads in a few years as the sport progresses, strength is not exclusive to a certain gender. 

Beauty is universal, it doen't have gender identity. I have always believed that any person has feminine and masculine side and we can show more of one side or more of the other.

Just think about  last season's  programs. Yuzuru is feminine in LGC? Definitely not. But he shows a more gentle side of him in H&L. He is polyfacetic and I like it.

5 minutes ago, yuzuuu said:

no youre not alone, I don't find him handsome at all, looks like the typical playboy type I have everywhere in my school. :happy0007:Yuzu is truly special in terms of everything.

I mean... I don't follow Kei Nishikori career and I have not much interest in tennis. So I can't tell who he is in person.

But I have followed football (or soccer if you're American), and I have to say: THERE ARE MANY MACHO GUYS WITH MUCH MUCH BETTER LOOKS (like 100000% lol) than that. I mean, football players with handsome looks are not rare. Lol

Kei Nishikori's gummy smile really chases me away if you want to ask me to judge people just by their looks.