General Yuzuru Chat

49 minutes ago, Kagme said:

she asked me for the link of every competition he was in and watching with different commentaries.

I'll take this opportunity to ask: is there an "official" list somewhere of all his different programs (including the variants, like Chopin 1.0, 2.0, 3.0), and of the "best" performances to watch for each?

(Very new fan here, and this is my first post on Planet Hanyu. Hi everyone! :wave:)

7 minutes ago, paminess said:

He perform sing,sing,sing when he was still in Jr. Circuit

I know, I love it. :) Perhaps it was just a mistranslation by the interpreter who used the wrong tense. I can't hear well what Yuzu was saying but he seemed to mention it along with Change which the interpreter didn't translate so I guess it would make more sense if he was talking about the old routine.

5 minutes ago, GraceAndPower said:

I'll take this opportunity to ask: is there an "official" list somewhere of all his different programs (including the variants, like Chopin 1.0, 2.0, 3.0), and of the "best" performances to watch for each?

(Very new fan here, and this is my first post on Planet Hanyu. Hi everyone! :wave:)

I can highly recommend this thread here:

Everyone will give you a different answer to what his best performances are but if you really want to just choose one performance to watch (and not just watch them all :)) you could look at which performance was scored highest, as @kaeryth included the scores in the tables for our convenience

Also, welcome @GraceAndPower and @paminess! :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

9 minutes ago, GraceAndPower said:

Hi welcome to our planet! :665e343793b9: hope you'll enjoy it here! yeah as @robin stated check @kaeryth's video compilation thread, it's so helpful! :biggrin: there's no list of best performances but you're very welcome to ask our opinions on which one are our favorites skates :tumblr_inline_mzx8s4JRlX1r8msi5: like for EX programs which are not scored

Welcome! :)

Everybody will not only give you a different answer about his must-watch performances, but the answer will never end. It'll be 'and this...'  'oh yeah, and that one...' and so on and so on. There was a thread recently about must-see Yuzu videos/programmes and that kind of turned into an 'and this one and this one' list that ended in basically everything. :laughing: 

2 hours ago, Sammie said:

I remember one of the judges at the Oly got hit by a Pooh ... could it be the US judge 

:muahaha:

I don't think the US judge needed Pooh to hit them to have a reason to underscore Yuzu. :laughing:

1 hour ago, robin said:

I can highly recommend this thread here:

Everyone will give you a different answer to what his best performances are but if you really want to just choose one performance to watch (and not just watch them all :)) you could look at which performance was scored highest, as @kaeryth included the scores in the tables for our convenience

Also, welcome @GraceAndPower and @paminess! :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

Whoa, that thread is incredible! The level of detail... It's everything I never knew I needed!

I'll probably end up watching many different versions of each... But I'd like to start with the best for now! ;)

Thanks a lot!  :agree:

57 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I'd never seen this before. Towards the end (9min+) Yuzu says he's working on Sing Sing Sing? I've heard he wanted to do it but didn't realise he'd done more than think about it. Does anyome have any more information about it or know what kind of program it was intended to be? Was he perhaps hoping to do it in ice shows before his injury got too bad?

I think it's wrong translation. As far as I can tell, he's actually answering the question - which he doesn't always lol - and talking about programs of his that he likes and had fun with.

ETA: I think if he had seriously thought about doing it again, he would have by now lol

8 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

I think it's wrong translation. As far as I can tell, he's actually answering the question - which he doesn't always lol - and talking about programs of his that he likes and had fun with.

ETA: I think if he had seriously thought about doing it again, he would have by now lol

Yeah, the translation didn't make much sense but I thought perhaps he could have been following naturally on from the question asked. I wonder if this wrong translation is the source of the rumour of him wanting to skate to it again or if he's mentioned it somewhere else as well. 

Guys, do you know anything about nominating skaters for World Figure Skating Hall of Fame? There's Brian and jump uncles (Axel, Salchow and Rittberger) and many other great people from figure skating world. 

From this it's seems that there are 3 categories:

• outstanding contributor (non-athletic)
  • outstanding contributor (creative impact)
  • outstanding competitor  ==>  :peek:

But I can't find much more information. How skaters are selected in the end? Yuzuru for sure has enough accomplishents. It would be nice to nominate him in the future :tumblr_inline_n2pje2YFXq1qdlkyg:  But hopefully not anytime soon because skater have to be r****ed from competing for at least 5 seasons and it's be nice to add 4A as one of the reasons for nomination :dancingpooh: What would you write in his nomination form?

41 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Yeah, the translation didn't make much sense but I thought perhaps he could have been following naturally on from the question asked. I wonder if this wrong translation is the source of the rumour of him wanting to skate to it again or if he's mentioned it somewhere else as well. 

Um, I actually did casually mention in the music suggestions thread that it would be *neat* to see older Yuzu doing an SP to "sing sing sing" and what type of crazy footwork stsq we'd get. For reference on music cut, go check out Jeff Buttle's version of "Sing Sing Sing", which he skated to at Olys. =) I think Jeff would have fun choreographing it for Yuzu, should they actually decide to skate to it. 

1 hour ago, Xen said:

Um, I actually did casually mention in the music suggestions thread that it would be *neat* to see older Yuzu doing an SP to "sing sing sing" and what type of crazy footwork stsq we'd get. For reference on music cut, go check out Jeff Buttle's version of "Sing Sing Sing", which he skated to at Olys. =) I think Jeff would have fun choreographing it for Yuzu, should they actually decide to skate to it. 

I'm pretty sure I was in on that discussion and I do love Jeff and Brian's routines. :) I'll have a look but I've definitely heard or read that he's said he wants to at least skate to music like it.