Jump to content
PomeloPooh

Poll - When/How did you become a fan of Yuzu?

When did you became a fan of Yuzuru?  

559 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, Swarna said:

 

  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

  

 

  

This was extremely dramatic lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Swarna said:

I am from a country named India where figure skating or any other winter sports are basically non existent.... So me being a 22 yr old and a medical student basically didn't even know that winter sport or winter Olympics even exist. But I am interested in sports so i usually watch some replys of summer Olympic matches.... It was then I saw yuzuru's peyongchang FS program and I clearly remember that the first thought that I had was Oh! Wow!!! This guy really floats on ice. And then I watched a couple of more of his videos and what I came to respect the most was his work ethic and his intelligence and deep knowledge that you feel while watching his interviews. 

  Hide contents
  Hide contents

 

 

 

I love to watch how he touches the ice both before going in and after going off the rink..  I love how you can see through his performance that he had put alot of effort in that. I love how inspite of every thing, he is so humble. I used to watch his videos in break while preparing for my exams because he makes me believe that if he can go through all those injuries and difficult times then I can too..... My problems are nothing compared to his and so I should be easily able to pass every difficulty....

And at last I came to know of his obsession with gold medals and my name literally means gold( to be exact it means the light that gold radiates.) See we have a connection there . 

Omgggg you're an Indian fan???? I'm a Vietnamese fan currently staying in India! And yes figure skating is so unfamiliar here, I feel very lonely cuz there's nobody that can share my interest *sobs*:13877886: Ppl around often find the sport (or Yuzu) too feminine and "cute" for their taste Oh the number of times I inwardly rolled my eyes at that. Where are you living in India? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hoodie axel said:

This was extremely dramatic lol

No actually this is my first time using this site..  I just wanted to see what that button does so I pressed it..  couldn't find how to delete it so left it there:81:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, VyVy99 said:

Omgggg you're an Indian fan???? I'm a Vietnamese fan currently staying in India! And yes figure skating is so unfamiliar here, I feel very lonely cuz there's nobody that can share my interest *sobs*:13877886: Ppl around often find the sport (or Yuzu) too feminine and "cute" for their taste Oh the number of times I inwardly rolled my eyes at that. Where are you living in India? 

I live in Karnataka now.... Where are you from

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Swarna said:

I live in Karnataka now.... Where are you from

I'm from Vietnam, I'm residing in New Delhi. Too bad you're so far away :sorrow:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VyVy99 said:

I'm from Vietnam, I'm residing in New Delhi. Too bad you're so far away :sorrow:

We can be connected.... If you want you can  watsapp me anytime.:pouty:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Swarna said:

I am from a country named India where figure skating or any other winter sports are basically non existent.... So me being a 22 yr old and a medical student basically didn't even know that winter sport or winter Olympics even exist. But I am interested in sports so i usually watch some replys of summer Olympic matches.... It was then I saw yuzuru's peyongchang FS program and I clearly remember that the first thought that I had was Oh! Wow!!! This guy really floats on ice. And then I watched a couple of more of his videos and what I came to respect the most was his work ethic and his intelligence and deep knowledge that you feel while watching his interviews. 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

I love to watch how he touches the ice both before going in and after going off the rink..  I love how you can see through his performance that he had put alot of effort in that. I love how inspite of every thing, he is so humble. I used to watch his videos in break while preparing for my exams because he makes me believe that if he can go through all those injuries and difficult times then I can too..... My problems are nothing compared to his and so I should be easily able to pass every difficulty....

And at last I came to know of his obsession with gold medals and my name literally means gold( to be exact it means the light that gold radiates.) See we have a connection there . 

 

Welcome to the Planet, you joined at the right time, before the World Championships! :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw: Hope you'll enjoy it here.

 

p.s. you can edit your own posts and delete the spoiler:)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Swarna said:

I am from a country named India where figure skating or any other winter sports are basically non existent...


India! This is really special indeed. In Germany it's the other extreme: we have so much wintersport broadcast that figure skating doesn't fit into the schedule anymore... :unsure2:
That's the reason why I haven't watched any figure skating since the Yagudin/Plushenko era around 2000... until 11th December 2016.
 

Spoiler

 

Dad watched a Bundesliga talk and zapped to Eurosport during the commercial break. The GPF gala in Marseille was broadcasted and Yuzu skated to Notte Stellata.

It was like... I don't know... hypnosis or sth. Eyes widened, mouth open, jaw dropped. I feared that dad would switch back to soccer, but he didn't. He fell in trance just as I did.
We looked at each other - back to soccer?

Nope. Rewatched Yuzu's EX from the beginning, because we had missed the first 30 seconds :sipping:
From that day I haven't missed a competition from Yuzu anymore.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone,

I'm from Russia, and figure skating is rather popular here. I watched since childhood with my mom, was a big fan of Pluschenko and Lambiel. Then after Torino, when they stopped competing, I stopped watching, and didn't watch FS for more than ten years. Then this autumn I went to see SP at COR in Moscow with some friends just for fun. Vaguely knew there would be a two-times Olympic champion (cool!), whom I had briefly seen somewhere. And then there was Otonal. The funny thing is, I didn't really know what hit me. I just decided after I got home that I should catch up on what I had missed in those ten years, especially on the two-times Olympic champion. And I'm still catching up )))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Shimmering said:

Hi everyone,

I'm from Russia, and figure skating is rather popular here. I watched since childhood with my mom, was a big fan of Pluschenko and Lambiel. Then after Torino, when they stopped competing, I stopped watching, and didn't watch FS for more than ten years. Then this autumn I went to see SP at COR in Moscow with some friends just for fun. Vaguely knew there would be a two-times Olympic champion (cool!), whom I had briefly seen somewhere. And then there was Otonal. The funny thing is, I didn't really know what hit me. I just decided after I got home that I should catch up on what I had missed in those ten years, especially on the two-times Olympic champion. And I'm still catching up )))

 

Hi! Welcome to the Planet :) This is the perfect place to catch up on everything related to Yuzu <3 Hope you'll enjoy being here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure if I replied to this thread yet.

 

I remember noticing Yuzu's performance at Sochi, and being satisfied that skater with the least number of mistakes won (let's face it, the Sochi men's final was messy as heck), even if he did win over PChan, who I had been planning to cheer for. I remember being really taken with PW, not so much with R&J2. 

 

Then life got busy and I forgot about figure skating until two years later, when I happened to flip on the TV and catch the debut of LGC at Skate Canada 2016. Because I liked Prince, I watched and was amazed as Yuzu basically channeled the guy. I mean, Yuzu's attitude for that piece was absolutely perfect.

 

And since then it's just been a slow burn, with my fanyudom growing quietly, until suddenly at NHK17, after the injury, it burst into full flower in the most unexpected way. As Yuzu limped off the ice, I was gripped with tension and a sense of tragedy. And the next day, when the announcement was made about his injuries, I suddenly felt compelled to pray for his recovery - something I had never felt about any athlete before. I have no idea why; I just knew it was vitally important that he recover and compete at the Olympics...and since then I just keep getting more and entranced by him. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...