2019/2020 Season Program Announcements

16 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I thought this would be an unpopular opinion, too, but a lot of people seem to feel much the same way. That boy deserves a top choreographer to showcase his incredible talents. 

I think Misha Ge works better with the Evgenia-style. I was not surprised when she got much more comfortable with that choreo much faster. 

16 minutes ago, Neenah said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  :tumblr_inline_mzx922J8H21r8msi5:

Leave Mai alone DW :gaah:

Nothing against DW, (or maybe just a little) but why won't they change to someone else for her :sigh:

And it's not like he's cheap or she's produced extraordinary results with him.  Honestly, I'd rather that they just gave some local budding choreographer a chance.  At least then there's a CHANCE she'll get something interesting

3 minutes ago, Old Cat Lady said:

And it's not like he's cheap or she's produced extraordinary results with him.  Honestly, I'd rather that they just gave some local budding choreographer a chance.  At least then there's a CHANCE she'll get something interesting

Her The Mission FP has choreo by DW.

I don't think situation is that bad. Yuna had soft, old ost program last season, so probably this time will be something different. At least... I hope...

3 minutes ago, Paskud said:

Her The Mission FP has choreo by DW.

I don't think situation is that bad. Yuna had soft, old ost program last season, so probably this time will be something different. At least... I hope...

Do you see Hozier as Mihara's style?

I don't believe Wilson choreographs with Yuna in his mind. He is simply an uncreative choreographer at this point.

My biggest problem with David Wilson that he choses music and makes choreos that are his preferred style, not necessarily the style that would suit the skaters he choreographs for. And this style has become a bit uninspired in the past couple of years.

We don't know what type of choreo and music it will for Mai be but I am a bit worried that it's the same style that Wilson choreographed for her in the past two years. Maybe her SP will be at least different...or I hope so.

19 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:

I don't believe Wilson choreographs with Yuna in his mind. He is simply an uncreative choreographer at this point.

I think it isn't coincidence that Yuna had soft program and suddenly Mai, Kaori and Rika also had soft programs.

46 minutes ago, Paskud said:

I think it isn't coincidence that Yuna had soft program and suddenly Mai, Kaori and Rika also had soft programs.

I don't think I'd agree. Mihara got "soft" programs before him, too. I think he simply latches on to the lowest common denominator.

4 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

:13877886:

:13877886::13877886::13877886:

ngl, I hope she can have ONE non-DW program... anyway, I hope DW can prove my fears unfounded, it's not like I dislike everything he does:fingerscrossed: Also, since Mai's aim for next season is to be able to perform any music genre, I'm expecting music choices a bit different from It's magic.

(luckily she has done tango already, we should be safe from Roxanne...tho I suppose there are more MR songs DW could give her:tumblr_inline_mn41rkfu9v1qz4rgp: oh no watch him choose LLL please skating gods don't do this to me)

23 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:

I don't think I'd agree. Mihara got "soft" programs before him, too. I think he simply latches on to the lowest common denominator.

I simply try to find some hope that this time it will be something else.:13877886: