Team we're fewer but still good!

Sport here is either professional - football, cricket, golf, tennis etc or amateur.  If amateur it’s funding depends on success- success means funding, so cycling, swimming, gymnastics, athletics get rewarded - the more success, the more funding.  If results are poor, funding is withdrawn - fencing for example.  What would our skating be like if this system had been in place when John Curry and Robin Cousins won back to back Olympics?

22 hours ago, FueledbyKass said:

If anybody is looking for some figure skating to watch, the Hungarian test skates are on the 21st I believe. They normally broadcast them on YouTube and that’s how I watch them.

Not sure if we get a stream this time but we'll see. Senior ice dancers won't participate at the test event, I think they are stuck in USA/Russia. I am curious about Ivett and her programs, plus Júlia Láng.

2 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

I am sure she is. But she was born in Moscow and grew up there.

I am sceptical about her going back to competitions. She was very injured a year ago.

Agree. Plus, 'Institute of Foreign Relations'? That sounds like a very serious and heavy course of study. She might not have time to continue competing.

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Agree. Plus, 'Institute of Foreign Relations'? That sounds like a very serious and heavy course of study. She might not have time to continue competing.

By all accounts it's an extremely prestigious and rigorous school. I think we can safely say that unless she's deferring, we have probably seen the last of her in competition.

5 hours ago, fyere0 said:

By all accounts it's an extremely prestigious and rigorous school. I think we can safely say that unless she's deferring, we have probably seen the last of her in competition.

I am not so sure about rigorous, I had a colleague working there for a while and she was “meh” about the curriculum, but it’s sure prestigious. An upper class educational institution, only for a select few. 
I am not sure she made it there, but she did take her exams. 
Alina Zagitova was admitted to another “prestigious” university. 

1 hour ago, Fay said:

I am not so sure about rigorous, I had a colleague working there for a while and she was “meh” about the curriculum, but it’s sure prestigious. An upper class educational institution, only for a select few. 
I am not sure she made it there, but she did take her exams. 
Alina Zagitova was admitted to another “prestigious” university. 

I heard it is very prestigious, in my country some of the chosen ones were sent to study to IMO (including one of my ex-bosses) during communism.

Good luck to Lilbet and Alina!