When will Yuzu land 4A

SparkleSalad

When will Mr Hanyu land 4A?  

301 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

But this is a planned layout so I dont know how faithful he would be to it. I mean yeah it sure looks like 4T3A is the sequence he wants to show off first, which was def not telegraphed until the recent ACI practice. The 4A has been getting too much attention for the rest of his program's sake. Even if he's not doing the 4A, he might shift things around if he popped a quad. Say if he popped the 4S, the 3F3T could turn into a 4S3T. He's a liar, he said he wouldnt do any flip this season and look who is here? He said he wouldnt do any quad lutz in 2017/2018 but he did. He planned the 4Loop for 2017/2018 but only did it once in the season. So when he said he would bring 4A this season or its not even part of the planned layout, I dont know which one to believe lol with Yuzu you will never know until last minute and thats the best thing about him. It's so fun..he is the king of improvision because he is so talented he can afford to change things around any time. this guy

18 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

But this is a planned layout so I dont know how faithful he would be to it. I mean yeah it sure looks like 4T3A is the sequence he wants to show off first, which was def not telegraphed until the recent ACI practice. The 4A has been getting too much attention for the rest of his program's sake. Even if he's not doing the 4A, he might shift things around if he popped a quad. Say if he popped the 4S, the 3F3T could turn into a 4S3T. He's a liar, he said he wouldnt do any flip this season and look who is here? He said he wouldnt do any quad lutz in 2017/2018 but he did. He planned the 4Loop for 2017/2018 but only did it once in the season. So when he said he would bring 4A this season or its not even part of the planned layout, I dont know which one to believe lol with Yuzu you will never know until last minute and thats the best thing about him. It's so fun..he is the king of improvision because he is so talented he can afford to change things around any time. this guy

I woudn't call him a lier for this. When he said these things it probably was the truth at the time. It is very possible that he didn't plan on including the 4Lz because it wasn't ready but things changed during the summer. The same for the 3F which he did not want to include it because of his ankle but now it is better so he is going for it.

I actually think it is smart for him not to commit to anything in front of the media because they will keep on pressuring him if he give them anything (case in point the 4A craze). This way he can decide what to do based on his condition and what he want to do rather than to meet expectations.

13 minutes ago, Neenah said:

I woudn't call him a lier for this. When he said these things it probably was the truth at the time. It is very possible that he didn't plan on including the 4Lz because it wasn't ready but things changed during the summer. The same for the 3F which he did not want to include it because of his ankle but now it is better so he is going for it.

I actually think it is smart for him not to commit to anything in front of the media because they will keep on pressuring him if he give them anything (case in point the 4A craze). This way he can decide what to do based on his condition and what he want to do rather than to meet expectations.

lol sorry I actually wasnt serious when I said that and it wasnt meant to label his character or anything. I was just making a case to say we cant trust what he says infront of the media. He is very strategic and a smart person to do that. It shows he manages himself well. I like how he is unpredictable

3 hours ago, makebelieveup said:

official words from the coach

"Yuzuru Hanyu's coach Brian Orser says the double Olympic champion will not attempt a quad Axel at the ISU Grand Prix event in Finland."

https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/stories/news/detail/hanyu-fever-hits-helsinki/

Brian might be saying that in the hopes, for the sake of his nerves, that it'll be true. Yuzu is perfectly capable of doing something other than what Brian thinks will happen. That being said, Rostelecom or later is looking more likely.

29 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Brian might be saying that in the hopes, for the sake of his nerves, that it'll be true. Yuzu is perfectly capable of doing something other than what Brian thinks will happen. That being said, Rostelecom or later is looking more likely.

Nah, considering there is no 4Lz, he's not going crazy here. Yuzu is just going to attempt clean programs. 

4A is going to come next season in Origin 2.0.

:xD:

1 hour ago, moonkat said:

Nah, considering there is no 4Lz, he's not going crazy here. Yuzu is just going to attempt clean programs. 

4A is going to come next season in Origin 2.0.

:xD:

Nah he said this season, it'll be this season. 

But I do agree it seems like he's going for clean this comp over 4A

It is only my third time watching fs live, so I may be forgiven for my thoughts😊.

But when I sat there yesterday I was awed and impressed again by the energy and the power one needs for jumps.

The thought crossed my mind: „Impossible. No one will ever jump and stand 4A“.

Then I realized they already try...but will it really be possible???????

wow. 

Sorry, just had to get it off my chest.

My utmost adoration for those who even try it! 

I think he underestimated the difficulty of the new FS limits when he set that goal for himself. That was pre-ACI kuyashii “it’s meaningless if I don’t win” as well. My bet is still on WTT and I hope to god he doesn’t try it before then, both for the risk to his scores and to the health of his ankle.

...and to my heart. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw: