When will Yuzu land 4A

SparkleSalad

When will Mr Hanyu land 4A?  

301 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Me too. I think even if we see him try it in practice at a competition, it will depend on how well his SP goes. If he gets one of his 20-point leads on his SP, which he can if he does perfectly and hits 115, then he might feel like he can go for the 4A and still know he can win even if he messes it up? You know, this emergence of the old Yuzu we know and love ruins all previous calculations based on the unexpected 'scores do not matter, the 4A is my dream and my true goal for this season' Yuzu. 

Yeah I find it hilarious when commentators still quote his goal of 'just wanting to skate how I want and scores don't matter’ from pre-ACI. Yeah guys, news flash,  the power of kuyashii changed all that lol.

That's why I initially thought Rostelecom was more likely cuz I thought he could potentially get a big lead there.

Not that I 100% trust what he said about not until after nationals, but I do believe his sincerity about wanting to do better with Origin and +ve GOE 4T3A first.

1 minute ago, jinxxoo said:

Yeah I find it hilarious when commentators still quote his goal of 'just wanting to skate how I want and scores don't matter’ from pre-ACI. Yeah guys, news flash,  the power of kuyashi changed all that lol.

That's why I initially thought Rostelecom was more likely cuz I thought he could potentially get a big lead there.

Not that I 100% trust what he said about not until after nationals, but I do believe his sincerity about wanting to do better with Origin and +ve GOE 4T3A first.

Same, tbh. I don't trust what he announces as his plans but I do completely believe he wants to do Origin perfectly with a +GOE 4T3A. I might not trust his words, but I do trust his kuyashii. 

2 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Same, tbh. I don't trust what he announces as his plans but I do completely believe he wants to do Origin perfectly with a +GOE 4T3A. I might not trust his words, but I do trust his kuyashii. 

In the power of the Kuyashii we trust. :68468287:

Oh, and I think I've seen practice clip of Artur Dmitriev's 4A that's not as bad as the one in competition? I don't remember where I saw it tbh I think it was when I was stumbling through a Russian forum, no I don't understand Russian. Not rotated but not as badly UR as that one in competition. There's definitely never been a clip of him fully rotating it, it would've made it out onto English forums for sure. But he is further along on it than that competition clip shows. I think he's been working on it for years. 

8 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

Oh, and I think I've seen practice clip of Artur Dmitriev's 4A that's not as bad as the one in competition? I don't remember where I saw it tbh I think it was when I was stumbling through a Russian forum, no I don't understand Russian. Not rotated but not as badly UR as that one in competition. There's definitely never been a clip of him fully rotating it, it would've made it out onto English forums for sure. But he is further along on it than that competition clip shows. I think he's been working on it for years. 

Well it's one thing to land it in practice as a solo jump, and another to have it good enough to land in competition with choreography and stuff. I mean Yuzu's been doing fully rotated 4S+3A, 4T+3A+3A and 4Lo+3A in galas since 2012-15 but he probably doesn't have the stamina to pull it off during competition. 

7 minutes ago, Salior said:

Well it's one thing to land it in practice as a solo jump, and another to have it good enough to land in competition with choreography and stuff. I mean Yuzu's been doing fully rotated 4S+3A, 4T+3A+3A and 4Lo+3A in galas since 2012-15 but he probably doesn't have the stamina to pull it off during competition. 

True, I agree. I just meant that that video is probably not representative of how far he can rotate the 4A, that's all. 

20 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

Yup there is at least one, if not two, where it's a UR but not a DG as it was in that one competition (am so sorry but am totally done in to go looking for it now). He did get better over time and yes, he has been working on it for years, 3 at least if not 4. 

Still, if you cannot rotate it in practice then forget about competitions. I am actually slightly puzzled as to why they're pushing so much but I suppose he wants to take every opportunity he has to try it, knowing Zu's also gunning for it.

8 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Yup there is at least one, if not two, where it's a UR but not a DG as it was in that one competition (am so sorry but am totally done in to go looking for it now). He did get better over time and yes, he has been working on it for years, 3 at least if not 4. 

Still, if you cannot rotate it in practice then forget about competitions. I am actually slightly puzzled as to why they're pushing so much but I suppose he wants to take every opportunity he has to try it, knowing Zu's also gunning for it.

Well, to have it ratified he doesn't need it at practice. It can happen, that actual treining, motivation, adrenalin, home crowd and all planets set in one line and his first ever landed 4a will be the one at cor.

On 11/5/2018 at 11:35 AM, yuzuangel said:

Yikes, but I'm not surprised. I mean this is a jump we have literally NEVER seen landed...EVER. It's not like quad Lutz which already was being done in competition, this is completely new territory here.

Exactly! That's why it's called "nessie." Seeing even "just" 5% gets my blood pumping fast. I wonder if he'll debut it in a gala practice.

13小時前, sallycinnamon說:

If you scroll down on this site a bit, on the right there's a poll in Russian about who's going to land the first 4A. The first option to choose is Yuzu, then Dmitriev, Messing, someone from Eteri's camp (?), someone else or no one. I've just voted for Yuzu and he leads with 55% :D  

I voted for yuzu too! 55%

Eteri's camp got 25% too! those junior young princess?