Media Day 2018

1 hour ago, WinForPooh said:

Ah, I see. Tbh I'd be jealous of an epicurean 16-hour dinner. 

Well it lasted 6 hrs and included SEVERAL bottles of :drink:!!!!!!!! .........oh and a chocolate  mousse to  DIE for.....so it was pretty epic !!!!! But.........was it worth missing the build up to idol gate???????????:unsure: 

Spoiler

What he's saying: After successfully completing everything my heart feels it has to do, I'm now going to do what it wants to do.

What I'm hearing: Watch me spend all of next season using my skating skills to fanboy.

Me: Understood.

News report written by me: After successfully blending in fluid artistry with technical superiority, the two-time Olympic champion, who is all of 23, is now looking to do something unique by adding a third element to his already complete skating: hardcore stanning. It is with no small amount of trepidation that the community is accepting this new direction the young champion seems set on taking but with most of his more concerning decisions having been proven right multiple times in the past, optimism seems to be the prevailing sentiment. He has shown us what complete skating is like. It is very likely he will also be able to show us how true stanning is done. 

Just now, PPOS said:

Well it lasted 6 hrs and included SEVERAL bottles of :drink:!!!!!!!! .........oh and a chocolate  mousse to  DIE for.....so it was pretty epic !!!!! But.........was it worth missing the build up to idol gate???????????:unsure: 

Imagine that with the planet on a big screen to watch everything unfold, that would have been epic!

6 minutes ago, asiacheetah said:

Finally caught up with the whole thread. I'm ridiculously excited to see Yuzuru's Origin. The half of step sequence we got was my favorite part.

I'm not sold on Otonol (however you spell it). It sounds....very....Russian? There's not much variety in the music for me to even picture how he could cut together a more modern take on it. It fits with his dramatic on ice persona though so I'm sure it was still be beautiful. I don't love all of Yuzu's programs. Maybe I won't like this SP. Heck I wasn't sold on Chopin Ballad until I saw it live at the Olympics.

Being in love with 2 out of 3 programs for this season is already more than I could have ever hoped for.

He wants those Russian GOE and PCS :peek:

I just realized i got my wish of yuzuru skating to violin piece again :10742290: this is a dream come true

Also i have to say, i really like it when a succesful artist/performer looks back on their history and remember what made them fall in love with the thing they're doing in the first place. I think its a necessary step to further understand yourself and continue to still enjoy that path, especially when you've already reached everything under the stars. :8232307:

8 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Imagine that with the planet on a big screen to watch everything unfold, that would have been epic!

I'd love it but my friends would consider it rude!! 

To add to the general conversation  and after listening to the music.....i love that he is going to represent his love for fs in these pieces and i see a young Yuzu watching them wide eyed with amazement....he'll more than do them justice....they are both beautiful emotional pieces......somehow...they feel  like a goodbye....almost like he has come full circle from where his LOVE for fs came from....i feel very :sorrow:

11 minutes ago, turquoiseblue said:

Here is a high quality video uploaded by pino:

Huh... in this he says he has no plans to include the quad axel (in his programs, this season? the context isn't very clear), but that he is practicing it? But he was thinking about it a bit, so I got 4Lz flashbacks again.

1 minute ago, KatjaThera said:

Huh... in this he says he has no plans to include the quad axel (in his programs, this season? the context isn't very clear), but that he is practicing it? But he was thinking about it a bit, so I got 4Lz flashbacks again.

Yup, same exact scheme. It's like he's testing us to see if we finally understood how he communicates in his own language :P

I'm surprised that Otonal is not getting more :tumblr_inline_nhkf0oKdhx1qid2nw: , it's one of my favourite Johnny programs, but then again for me Johnny can do no wrong lol, I like everything he's done so far. Also, if you ask me this program is quintessential Johnny, just as Nijinsky is quintessential Plushy. That's pretty much why I was so shocked and pleasantly surprised earlier to see fanboy extraordinnaire Yuzu choosing them. It really is the ultimate tribute to his idols and I'm not crying no, I'm not. 

Also, let me be the (first?) to say I love Johnny's music cut of it. It is a little more understated, sure, like it's not jumping at you for being skate-able, but I think that precisely its subtle quality is what worked so well with Johnny's performance. Then again, I might be biased, like I said that program just spells out Johnny for me (when he got it right, because funny enough he's skated this program very beautifully, and he's skated it abysmally too, but that's Johnny for you).

I am very curious what JB's choreo and Yuzu will make of it.

Oh yes, and also let me definitely be the first to say that I am looking forward to another Johnny-designed Yuzu costume. I've loved all the previous ones he's done for Yuzu. Johnny has style, guys! Come on, I can't be alone in thinking this, LOL. I'd let him dress me anyday mmmhmm!

I have a question, has anyone done such tributes before in figure skating before? I know that skaters have used music that other people have used before, but did they explicitly say they were tributes?

• Hydroblade unfeatured and unpinned this topic