Media Day 2018

5 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

After a hard day at the office, this is what I came home to!!

OMG and THANK YOU YUZU. You truly made my day!!!!!!

The wait is over...:sadPooh:

He looks so well and the program's already making me cry....I'm SO HAPPY :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

I haven't read all 46 pages of your post but I shall go back to the beginning of the thread and read them all!

THANK YOU SKATING GOD!!!

I have to say I am really happy not only for his choices (i liked always so much that FS of Plushy)  but - more - because he chose them: you can feel finally a sense of acomplishment that he is starting to realize, and also he understood what is the right thing to do as human being and athlete in this point of his life, i.e. something for himself without the pressure of the thought of the others (also if I am not sure he will really able completely to do it).

Wel done Yuzu! I hope you can really enjoing your time, and the process to accomplish your next goal: an insanely beautifull 4A  :knc_yuzu1:    :knc_yuzu2:    :darklordyuzu:

You know, I get all the recycling jokes. On the planet, I enjoy them, too. It is funny. But here, it's only good-natured teasing, and we know, of course, that using music that his idols used to pay tribute to him them (sorry Johnny) is not really recycling. It's just a really good running gag among people who only wish him well.

I do want to sink my fangs into anybody making those comments off planet, though, because no unless you're coming from that particular place of affection and teasing, no it's not recycling. Not unless you call every single person skating to a warhorse, or a person skating to music that has ever been skated before, also recycling. It's ridiculous how much higher the standards are for Yuzu. I get it, he is much better so he is held to higher standards very often because he raised them, but that particular kind of talk is just such blatantly bitter bullsh*t.

ETA: Oh look I'm 4A on his media day. I think that's a sign.

7 minutes ago, axelnojutsu said:

4A with an all-quad layout confirmed :peek:

...I have my birthday not long before worlds. If he announces that then, I might have to re-define my notion of "Birthday presents" to include hair-shedding.

24 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

OMG! This is so breathtakingly gorgeous!!! :tumblr_inline_mm2wnw2HKh1qz4rgp: :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

And I will so cry when I see Yuzu's version of Otonal. It was my absolute favorite competitive program before Yuzu...

I just... This boy... This god of movement and beauty and figure skating...

How am I even going to watch the programs through all the tears?

I am so happy he's happy! He deserves all the happiness and lightness and freedom in the world now--to just enjoy skating, the music, the ice. And realizing the dreams of his mushroom self. :mushroom7::tumblr_inline_nhkezmYSxk1qid2nw:

17 minutes ago, airi said:

Oh God the Step Sequence is gonna make me scream :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

From what we've seen so far from the program it looks absolutely fantastic. :tumblr_inline_nhkf0oKdhx1qid2nw:  The mix of his own skating and the influences of Plushy's program...<3 

I really can't wait for the full thing. Only 3 weeks until ACI free skate!

And I hope we're going to see  some bits of Otonal later!

27 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

It's ridiculous how much higher the standards are for Yuzu.

Actually it's pure saltiness. That's what it is. 

Especially since some of it is coming from very known circles so tbh it is just making me laugh. Yes, please do shed that salt because Yuzuru is creative in his choices.

And if anything, Nijinsky, not the short, but Nijinsky is a massively risky, original choice. It is an iconic program skated by an iconic figure. He has to take that and make it his own. A good thing is that it's a 6.0 program so once COP comes into play, it already helps but even with that, it's simply too well known, it's Plushy's signature piece. That the music was done especially for him adds to it. 

So really, if someone doesn't like the music, fair play, that's normal. But that choice is anything but recycling and anything but easy. In fact, it's probably the biggest risk you can take. 

Which just gets my adrenaline going and I am sure Yuzuru's as well. 

1 minute ago, Yatagarasu said:

Actually it's pure saltiness. That's what it is. 

Especially since some of it is coming from very known circles so tbh it is just making me laugh. Yes, please do shed that salt because Yuzuru is creative in his choices.

And if anything, Nijinski, not the short, but Nijinski is a massively risky, original choice. It is an iconic program skated by an iconic figure. He has to take that and make it his own. A good thing is that it's a 6.0 program so once COP comes into play, it already helps but even with that, it's simply too well known, it's Plushy's signature piece. That the music was done especially for him adds to it. 

So really, if someone doesn't like the music, fair play, that's normal. But that choice is anything but recycling and anything but easy. In fact, it's probably the biggest risk you can take. 

Which just gets my adrenaline going and I am sure Yuzuru's as well. 

I think some of the saltiness is because it's perfect for Yuzu's excellent and such quick footwork. To make it work for the COP it will need the kind of skating skills and charisma that should make everybody ruddy well stand up and applaud if only to acknowledge the technical prowess it shows. Then the dramatic, big music, the ebb and flow of it, the quickness and precision of it - it's all perfect for him precisely because he is that good. 

It is an inspired choice. I can't think of anybody else now who could pull it off. 

3 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

It is an inspired choice. I can't think of anybody else now who could pull it off. 

Violin pieces, with a lot of trills and runs (like Nijinsky)is not easy on the SS, especially if you want to do it properly. It's not for the type of SS that is based on extensions and just gliding on edges (that people usually associate with SS), but SS that is based on mastery of quick precision pin-point accuracy. Otherwise, the turns, the counters, the leaps, twizzles, will never match up to the pacing of the violin trills and runs.

And yes, of the current men, that's what Yuzu's SS excels at. No one else could match it probably. And that's what makes his interpretation of violin pieces so interesting.

(and why I'm crying tears of joy over it. Ah, if he ever ever ever does La Campanella, Devil's trill sonata, Rondo aaahhh....)

That stsq looked fabulous already. I love alots of details from the LP. And yay the SE back-counter 3A2T is back. I love this entry when he does it in R&J2 and always want to see it again. I can't wait to see the full program. 

Now, media, give us abit from his SP too :smiley-happy085:

7 minutes ago, Xen said:

(and why I'm crying tears of joy over it. Ah, if he ever ever ever does La Campanella, Devil's trill sonata, Rondo aaahhh....)

I may have sent that as music to tcc....

Ahem. But yes, and as @WinForPooh says as well, it is ideally suited for him. And no, I don't think anyone at this moment could skate it as he can, not even remotely. 

In general that program really is immensely suited to him, his skill and style. 

If there is something to perhaps think about is that, potentially, the choices for the short and the free, are a little bit similar. So to avoid this, the music cut for the short will be super important. There's less possibility to fiddle with Nijinsky but way more to fiddle with that. So we have to wait and see. 

• Hydroblade unfeatured and unpinned this topic