Guess the New Programs! (and win nothing if you do)

SP Modern and contemporary. Something strong and “kakkoii”. Modern jazz or Woodkid-type of music.

FP Classical, romantic and sweeping. Something Japanese like Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence or Spartacus by Khatchaturian or Rach2

EX Kurimemo - he’ll reuse it so that he can concentrate his energies on the new competitive programs

(RIP Masquerade. You’ll be missed)

I said it already and gonna repeat: if he's changing programs, IMO the most likely route is energetic SP + more flowing FS with at least some breathing room here and there. I expect him to have the faster stsq in the SP, he usually manages to be more focused/less tired with stsq in the SP and can really go full speed there while still getting the levels (well, most of the times)

At this point I'm also curious about the EX: since he's talked about KuriMemo being Mask's twin, I'm not so sure anymore he will keep it... maybe Tarasova's music is for his EX...some more Il Volo for local audience at GPF?:P or will he just bring Bibier back for Canadian  audience at WC? or...what about Bublé?:biggrin:

trying my hand at reverse-jinxing for the EX

It feels a bit strange to keep KuriMemo as his EX, without Masquerade... sooo maybe Hoshizora no Neptune for gala EX? It would be great if he did something with Toshi after such a wonderful FaOI collaboration. If he doesn't repeat programs, the pattern of energetic SP and breathing-room FS makes sense... I would LOVE it if he did another Japanese music program... I'm just gonna be vague and avoid specific guesses :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2019 at 2:06 PM, Yuzurella said:

Now that Yuzu's adding so much new high-level tech, I wouldn't be surprised if he just keeps Otonal and Origin. This way, he could focus more on the new jumps and wouldn't have to learn new choreo. :acceptable:

Yep that's what I thought too. I bet he will keep Origin. But I hope he will change the short. He got good scores with it, broke WR and all, so it's ok to move on. Origin, on the other hand, wasn't perfect. Plus there's that 4A Gong..

On the bright side, since he'll stuff it with new elements it will look like a new program. So that's still something to look forward to. Tbh Origin looked great on media day last year (and it got some fans too, just not as universal as,say, Seimei imo).

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2019 at 10:59 AM, wingman said:

Yep that's what I thought too. I bet he will keep Origin. But I hope he will change the short. He got good scores with it, broke WR and all, so it's ok to move on. Origin, on the other hand, wasn't perfect. Plus there's that 4A Gong..

On the bright side, since he'll stuff it with new elements it will look like a new program. So that's still something to look forward to. Tbh Origin looked great on media day last year (and it got some fans too, just not as universal as,say, Seimei imo).

In my opinion Origin is too fast. I wouldn't mind Yuzu keeping it, but will he be able to put all those extra quads in there?

#NoRecycling:banned2-smiley-face:

And I will mute and unstan everybody who will do tango next season, so don't you dare, Hanyu!

And since everybody and their moms go modern this season I hope for more classic stuff.

I still think that crystal candy will be his ex, but otherwise I feel it will be whatever TAT gave him. Or maybe music from TAT will be his competitive program?:think:

Plus probably pudding at NHK and/or JNats.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I’m just curious :) 

Is it possible for skaters to keep both SP & FP from the last season? or they can only choose to keep one: either SP or FP. Anyway recycling or not is up to Yuzu ‘s decision & I wholeheartedly support whatever choices he made. He knows it best  :softYuzu: 

12 minutes ago, Melissa.May said:

Hi I’m just curious :) 

Is it possible for skaters to keep both SP & FP from the last season? or they can only choose to keep one: either SP or FP. Anyway recycling or not is up to Yuzu ‘s decision & I wholeheartedly support whatever choices he made. He knows it best  :softYuzu: 

They can keep both programs if they want.