Guess the New Programs! (and win nothing if you do)

2 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

Hope & Legacy is mostly modern classical.

Modern classical is still classical!!

I don't think it's good to separate Hope & Legacy from the rest. There's this idea that classical music is only Western, so it's good to fight the prejudice that Asians cannot do classical c: The arrangement is made with a symphonic orchestra so I woud regard it as classical. 

But yeah I totally agree that Yuzuru should do more classical... I'm begging him for years to do some of the Russians...

44 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Modern classical is still classical!!

I don't think it's good to separate Hope & Legacy from the rest. There's this idea that classical music is only Western, so it's good to fight the prejudice that Asians cannot do classical c: The arrangement is made with a symphonic orchestra so I woud regard it as classical. 

But yeah I totally agree that Yuzuru should do more classical... I'm begging him for years to do some of the Russians...

I completely agree that modern classical is classical too, and I definitely don't agree that Zigeunerweisen was the only *true* classical he skated to. Hope & Legacy is in the same category. Sorry if I caused misunderstanding.

Hmm I think symphonic orchestra is not all what makes Asian dream song and View of Silence classical (though it also counts), it's the musical structures of the two compositions. There are so many other musical pieces that are arranged with symphonic orchestras but they don't have anything to do with classical music (I mainly think of film scores that are so popular).

Anyway, I was thinking about earlier about his choices for next season and classical came to me mind immediately. At the same time he said he'd like to try different genres too so I have no idea if we'll see something completely new, or a genre he already did before or maybe he'll recycle one of his programs. I can't wait to find out what he decides to skate to next season :) 

1 hour ago, sallycinnamon said:

The only old classical music is Zigeunerweisen, yes. But there is not only that. Hope & Legacy is mostly modern classical. I'd also love to see him perform to something classical whether it's more contemporary or older (for example a Russian composition from the romantic or modernist era would be nice :)

Otonal is easy listening, or it's also called 'mood music' - which I think is a good description when I think of this song, it's so atmospheric and has a certain, melancholic mood. 

But... but Chopin is from romantic era. And older than de Sarasate. And Saint-Saëns.

And what with Scriabin, Rachmaninoff, Stravinsky... Even White Legend is Japanese arrangement of Swan Lake.

4 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

@monchan mentioned Yuzu's senior free programs and we only talked about those. Not short programs.

:13877886: But then he has SPs and Ex (and junior programs) to classic music, so personally I don't see a problem.

Hmmm... Tarasova gave him again CD at CoR. I wonder what she found for him?

11 minutes ago, Paskud said:

:13877886: But then he has SPs and Ex (and junior programs) to classic music, so personally I don't see a problem.

Hmmm... Tarasova gave him again CD at CoR. I wonder what she found for him?

Yes, he has more SPs to classical music.

I'd just be happy to see him skate to anything whether it's any classical, rock, pop, jazz, anime OST, film music or latin (lol) as long as he is healthy :) 

Carmina Burana interpreted in different styles for all three programmes! J-Rock version, J-Pop version (special to be done by AKB48!), and just for fun, blues version.

1 minute ago, SparkleSalad said:

I regret showing you the way here. :facepalm:

Yeah everybody knows exactly whom to blame for my magnificent ideas now. :D