Team Canada

I think it's a smart strategy to stick with the quad toe and do what he is comfortable with because you never know what else can happen... I really want him to have clean skates at the Olympics so he can feel happy with himself and be proud of that. I want him to be Patrick Chan and do what that guy does best.

“It’s the event that I’m looking forward to the most, actually,” Chan said last week. “Our [Canada’s] approach to the team event is very different from Sochi. I think we’re taking the team event this time around a lot more seriously. It’s less of an experimental situation. It’s much more of a planned and thought-through opportunity for all of us to get a medal, to get a gold medal. It’s the best chance we ever have.”

ETA: Just... when you guys read the rest of the article remember that Chiddy has a habit of being a bit egotistical.... :facepalm:

The comment about him being the last artistic + technical skater was classic Patrick (in the sense that I felt like punching him on the nose), but the rest of the article was pretty decent. He is a magnificent skater and a joy to watch on the ice, though, so I'll cut him some slack. At the very least he's not going around claiming his quads were fully rotated when they were not.

24 minutes ago, Katt said:

Tbh it isn't different from things Patrick used to talk in the past so, I think something's missing if we don't get these kind of comments from him every year :laughing: 

That's true :laughing: In any case, I would gladly take these comments from skaters with good SS if it meant I don't have to watch splat fests with UR quads.