Team Russia

Guest turquoiseblue

Tracy Wilson: “Evgenia Medvedeva is inspiring. She finished sports only because of COVID and we lost where she could have brought our sport to”

You know, a Russian cannot but ask about Evgenia Medvedeva.

Tracy Wilson: Oh, Evge-e-enia! It’s great that you asked about her. I follow her, of course. She came to us and trained with us, so we had the opportunity to get to know her well. Evgenia is a special person, I think you know in Russia how special she is.

After all, I had the privilege to go with her to Russia, where I also got to know her from a new side. I think she is an amazing person for this sport. She inspires with her abilities, her transition from a teenager to a woman, her artistry and the athleticism she brings to the sport. I just can’t talk enough about Evgenia, she was fantastic in our club, she was a wonderful influence on the rest of the skaters. When she arrived, she had a sticker with the emblem of the Beijing Olympics. You know, she became very good friends with Jason…

Brian and I remain in contact with her and feel very close to Evgenia. And we admire what she is doing now.

She will come to Beijing as a journalist.

Tracy Wilson: Yes? It’s great to have her here!

Sorry, but when she became a woman (grew up), she stopped skating in sports.

Tracy Wilson: Because of covid she couldn’t skate in Canada, she came to Japan…

Do you think that was the key moment?

Tracy Wilson: Yes exactly. If you remember what she did at the Moscow Grand Prix with her Memoirs of a Geisha, that was where she was going to, what she was striving for. And she never had a chance to realize these opportunities. We talked about the future, she called both Brian and me. Until now, in Canada, not all skaters have returned to us due to anti-covid restrictions. But at that point… I think we lost where she could bring the sport. I think the reason is covid. She has not reached her full potential. She was just looking for it.

Guest turquoiseblue

“I feel incredibly offended that our team will perform without a flag again. I hope to tip the scales towards justice” Alexei Yagudin about raising a petition

Alexei Yagudin: [...] I will not hide that, although many years have passed since my personal performance at the Olympics, I clearly remember these moments of happiness: when the Russian anthem sounds, your native flag is raised and you are awarded a gold Olympic medal – the main award for the work of your whole life. I sincerely want to wish each of our athletes to experience these moments!

Therefore, I again feel incredibly offended that our team will perform without a flag again. WADA imposed further sanctions in 2019 and banned Russian athletes from using the symbols of their country. And I decided to launch a petition that I propose everyone who cares about our sport to support!

In my opinion, each of our sincere steps can change the situation and tip the scales towards justice! This petition, if it does not reach WADA, will definitely catch the eye of those who are not indifferent to the fate of Russia in the international sports arena.

And I, like millions of Russians, will continue to support Russia and Russian athletes, no matter what anthem, coat of arms and flag they perform under. And every word of support, every action, every step, I’m sure, brings them and us closer to justice. I’m absolutely sure that everything will change soon. But only if we are not indifferent.

:dontknow:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest turquoiseblue

“I started to restore my jumps, but fell again. I broke my left arm, but I continue to train.” Alena Kostornaia told that she prematurely ended this season

Alena Kostornaia: I don’t stop training, I train. This is not some super-mode, but I no longer have competitions this season, there will be only shows. I calmly practice, but without jumps, without complex elements, the main thing is that I’m on the ice. It is inconvenient to tie skates, the rest is fine. Hand injury recovery time – 6 weeks.

I returned on the ice, started training, had been skating for a week and a half, started to restore my jumps, but fell again.

I broke my left arm, the base of the navicular bone broke off, which means six weeks in a cast. But I continue to train – my fingers are free, which means I can tie skates.

How unfortunate... :tumblr_inline_n18qr8XewT1qid2nw: I wish her a speedy recovery :grouphug:

Cup of Russia: Final

24-27 February

https://fsrussia.ru/results/2122/cor2122_final/index.htm

among skaters: Alexey Erokhov, Petr Gumennik, Makar Ignatov, Dmitry Aliev, Pepeleva/Pleshkov, Mukhortova/Evgeniev, Geinish/Mironov, Vasilyeva/Zaporozhets, Veronika Yametova, Valeria Shulskaya, Mironova/Ustenko, Morozov/Bagin

Vladislav Dikidzhi, Artem Kovalev, Nikolay Kolesnikov, Gleb Lutfullin, Egor Rukhin, Kirill Sarnovsky, Nikolay Ugozhaev, Ilya Yablokov, Sofia Akatieva, Inga Gurgenidze, Alisa Dvoeglazova, Veronika Zhilina, Maria Zakharova, Elizaveta Kulikova, Natalia Lagutova, Adelya Petrosyan, Sofia Titova, Petushkova/Malikov, Storublevtseva/Gritsaenko, Khabibullina/Knyazhuk, Cheremnikh/Butenko, Shegay/Shamshurov, Aleksova/Vladimirov, Kaganovskaya/Angelopol, Katashinskaya/Grachev, Mamchenkova/Volkov

Channel 1 Cup

You know why.

Adam Solya: Dear Liza, thank you for a fun and productive time together, and my heart is grateful for the opportunity to work with you again and create a magical program for you.  This program is something completely different, new, and it fits perfectly your body and your emotions.

It is always a pleasure to work with such wonderful talented athletes like you, the amazing connection of our mind-heart-souls makes our work very fruitful. I can’t wait to see you compete with our newest creation, looking forward to seeing you shine!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CaR67FuLPS3/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Wow, major Czech media is continuing the Kamila doping/Eteri army issue discussion even after Olys: https://wave.rozhlas.cz/zdrcujici-pripad-valijevove-je-posledni-kapka-krasobrusleni-potrebuje-zasadni-8689881?player=on

This is in Czech, so for those who are interested, the discussion is around the moment of Kamila's free skate and the culmination of all the issues with FS, Rusfed, Eteri and the disgust it created in all viewers of Olys.

FS is not that popular in recent years (maybe past 10y) in Czech, so you don't see any articles and media coverage popping up in major media unless there is a major win from Czech figureskater or there is a huge scandal. It's surprising to see this continued attention and discussion even after Olys ended.

1 hour ago, Melodie said:

It looks like Anna is about to retire?

oh wow, I'm both shocked and not shocked. This was a hard season for her even though she pulled out fine at the end. Even Alina stayed 1 more year after Olympics. But Anya is "already" 17 and has already won worlds. Good luck to Anna in her post-competition life.

10 hours ago, turquoiseblue said:

FNGcdp1XEAQyPfc?format=png&name=900x900

You know, she's risking a lot just by saying this much. Even if it doesn't seem like she's saying much by Western standards. I admire her bravery. 

Don't worry, Zhenya. We know ordinary Russians didn't want this. It is a tragedy all around. 

Guest turquoiseblue
6 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

You know, she's risking a lot just by saying this much. Even if it doesn't seem like she's saying much by Western standards. I admire her bravery. 

Don't worry, Zhenya. We know ordinary Russians didn't want this. It is a tragedy all around. 

I appreciate her post with the careful choice of words and picture :grouphug: I hope she won't get into trouble :snonegai: