Team Russia

Guest turquoiseblue

Evgenia Medvedeva: “The main secret is that Tutberidze does everything in her power to be the best.”

Evgenia Medvedeva: At the moment it’s better for me not to compete, but who knows where I’ll be in a few years.

You trained with Eteri Tutberidze for many years before you left her and then came back. How do you explain her success?

Evgenia Medvedeva: We went through a lot with Eteri, there were many ups and downs between us. In Toronto, I discovered a completely different system, mood and rhythm of training. One is not better than the other, there is not much difference. When I returned to train with Eteri in 2020, I found the same atmosphere and almost the same team as two years earlier. The main secret is that Eteri does everything in her power to be the best. This is the secret: direct all your energy to the result. I am very proud of Kamila, her jumps, flexibility, artistry. She does everything at the highest level. I just hope that she will be able to cope with everything during the Olympics, I wish her all the best.

I wish I could see her compete again... :smiley-sad016:

Guest turquoiseblue
1 hour ago, Melodie said:

She is just a kid :( 

In another news, it seems Russia plans to send out the national champions to the Team Event without alternates. 

What's happening? :confused:

Guest turquoiseblue
11 hours ago, Melodie said:

It's rumored that Eteribots believed Adeliya should have won the Bronze over Sofia, so they attacked her on social media. 

That is terrible if it is true :59227c768286a__s:  I hope she knows that it is not her fault and that she can find out what she can do to protect herself :grouphug:

Guest turquoiseblue
17 hours ago, Melodie said:

She is just a kid :( 

In another news, it seems Russia plans to send out the national champions to the Team Event without alternates. 

I just looked through this account and saw these tweets :13877886:

Guest turquoiseblue

Tatiana Tarasova: “This is not a replacement, but a necessary measure. It’s good that we have someone to replace Kolyada with. Nobody has lost anything. This year Misha does not shine.”

President of the Russian Figure Skating Federation (FFKR) Alexander Gorshkov: Mikhail Kolyada was tested positive with coronavirus, so we urgently had to replace him with EvgenI Semenenko.

Now there’s such a situation in the world that no one is safe from this. We are very sorry, but nothing can be done.

Alexei Mishin: The prerogative and the right to announce the national team for the Olympics belongs to the federation and the Russian Olympic Committee. That’s all I can say.

Personal coaches are not entitled to comment on the decision of the Olympic Committee and the Russian Figure Skating Federation.

Has Kolyada’s injury worsened? No comment.

Tatiana Tarasova: This is not a replacement, but a necessary measure. Kolyada got sick. It’s good that we have someone to replace him with. Nobody has lost anything. This year Misha does not shine.

It’s necessary to understand what Misha’s health is like. In any case, it is a pity that we will not see Kolyada at the Olympic Games. Luck ends sooner or later. And I wish Semenenko good luck, we will cheer for him.

Natalia Bestemianova: Of course, this is a big loss for the team.

Prospects for Semenenko? If he skates clean, he will be in a fine place. But he hasn’t skated clean lately. God bless him and good luck.

You just killed me with this news. I thought that Kolyada was preparing and would be all fine. I feel very sorry for him.

Kolyada has tested positive for coronavirus. Athletes have been filling a health diary for two weeks before leaving for China. Now, when it became known about the positive test, Mikhail will not be able to go there. It’s a pity. This is very sad news.

But let’s hope that Semenenko will get together and skate with dignity. Evgeni was lucky – this is his chance.