Team Russia

Guest turquoiseblue

A statement from Ukrainian Figure Skating Federation about the cancellation of Trusova's master class:
УФФК домоглася скасування майстер-класу росіянки у Швеції

Google Translate

The UFSF succeeded in canceling the Russian woman's master class in Sweden

The master class of the Russian figure skater Alexandra Trusova, which, despite the sanctions against the country's athletes and all moral norms, was tried to be organized in Sweden, was canceled thanks to the active position and persistence of the Ukrainian Figure Skating Federation (UFSF).

The arrival in Stockholm of the representative of the aggressor country, which commits atrocities in the unleashed full-scale war in Ukraine, decided to organize the Swedish sportswear brand Loop Sport in the sports club Djurgårdens IF Konståkning. Ignoring the fact that Russian athletes take part in actions in support of the war and the killing of Ukrainians, the mentioned firm launched a crazy advertising campaign of its event with a Russian woman on its website.

These facts infuriated the UFSF and, in particular, the Athletes' Commission of the UFSF, which appealed to the International Skating Union (ISU) and the Swedish Figure Skating Association with a request to react to the shameful decision. Thus, the Athletes' Commission, headed by the famous figure skater Anna Khnychenkova, sent a corresponding letter to the head of the ISU Athletes' Commission Eric Radford and the Figure Skating Association of Sweden, indicating that the Ukrainian sports family considers it unacceptable to organize such events with the participation of Russian athletes, who are suspended from all international sports competitions. The letters were signed by a number of leading Ukrainian figure skaters.

Another appeal - to the President of the ISU Kim Jae-youl and the Figure Skating Association of Sweden with a request to consider the possibility of banning the holding of such events until Russia ends the bloody war in Ukraine, the UFSF sent.

The Ukrainian National Federation was listened to and supported.

The Swedish Figure Skating Association called on the sports club to cancel the Russian master class because it "contradicts the association's fundamental values and risks causing serious damage to Swedish figure skating."

Guest turquoiseblue

A statement from Djurgårdens IF Konståkning:
INSTÄLLD: På förekommen anledning kommer Djurgårdens IF Konståkning inte att medverka som Hosting Club för Master Class med Alexandra TRUSOVA

DeepL Translate

The Swedish Figure Skating Association calls on Djurgårdens IF Konståkning to immediately and no later than Friday 22 July 2022: 

1. Cancel your planned activity Master Class 27-28 August 2022 in Husby ice rink with Russian figure skater Alexandra Trusova (the activity) because it is contrary to the foundations of the Federation's values and risks seriously damaging Swedish figure skating.  

We will also not organise the DjurgårdsSlingan loop competition as it may be perceived as part of the Master Class.

If you have registered for the Master Class, Public or Loop competition, your ticket will be refunded in week 30 from the ticket page. 

Djurgårdens IF Konståkning is a non-profit association that conducts sports activities, education and leadership academy in figure skating. The association currently has 246 active members, 14 leaders and 6 youth leaders and is growing annually. The vision of the organisation is to enable all children and young people to participate in the sport regardless of their background, ethnicity or financial circumstances. Figure skating is for EVERYONE.

The Leadership Academy aims to act as good role models and enable children and young people to become the next generation of leaders within the organisation. We stand for diversity and have a tight head coaching team of Ukrainian and Russian nationality and a coaching team with ethnic background from Sweden, Slovakia, Iran, Bulgaria, Japan, Eritrea and many more among our active skaters. All of them together are Djurgårdens IF Konståkning. 

We would like to make it clear that we continue to stand by our private invitation to Ms Trusova as a private individual that we had good intentions in creating this opportunity of further education for children, young people and also coaches. Our dialogue together with partners and her with family has made it clear that she would not represent Russia, Russian Figure Skating Federation or club but participate privately and represent herself.

In addition to this, we would like to clarify that we have a coaching team of Ukrainian and Russian nationality who both came to us during the ongoing war between Russia and Ukraine. They work for the association closely together and are role models for how the individual regardless of nationality is competent and reasonable in himself and does not let nationalities stand in the way of the passion that both have - Figure Skating. 

They saw Ms. Trusova as an individual and Master Classen as a huge competence for the skaters in figure skating, with the knowledge she possesses and wants to share.

With this information, we have therefore never intended to create a situation where the Swedish Figure Skating Association or Swedish Figure Skating would in any way be harmed. 

We understand the Swedish Figure Skating Association's position and accept it.

Good intentions... :dontknow:

Guest turquoiseblue

Ukraine war will not be free pass for drug cheats, says WADA boss
Reuters
28 July 2022

"I am extremely cautious, I will not say I am confident," Banka told Reuters ahead of opening of the Birmingham Commonwealth Games on Thursday. "We monitor what they are doing.

"We still have an open line of communication with RUSADA to make sure the war is not giving a free pass to cheats."

The Russian invasion of Ukraine, which Moscow calls a “special military operation”, has also impacted an investigation into a drugs scandal involving teenage Russian figure skater Kamila Valieva at the 2022 Beijing Games.

Banka said WADA continues to wait for the results of a RUSADA led independent investigation and a decision of a RUSADA disciplinary panel but warned the clock is ticking.

The WADA Code requires such investigations to be completed in six months but in some cases allows for more time.

If WADA gets any indication that RUSADA is dragging its feet, Banka assured they will not hesitate to take the case directly to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

The United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee (USOPC) brought the matter up during a meeting earlier this month of the White House’s Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP) and WADA.

"They (USOPC) raised concerns about the timing we assured them we are not ignoring this case," said Banka. "If from our perspective RUSADA is too slow or we see some strange obstacles we can always go directly to CAS.

"After six months, which is coming very soon, we will look at the process.

"But I can promise we are keeping an eye on this."

Forgive me if I wait to see whether this is actually carried out in real life…

Its not just the doping it’s the abuse.  Elena Mukhina was my line in the sand for womens gymnastics- people said - that’s years ago , things are different now- until Larry Nassar.  Tbh if there isn’t a sexual abuse element or provable doping  it’s just swept under the carpet.  I saw Lipnitskaya post Sochi when I discovered YH and saw her pre Sochi when researching his previous career - I saw a similar growing desperation replacing previous zest in the performance of the sport and never got invested in Medvedyeva or any of the subsequent wunderkinder.  I’m not saying coaches of other nations don’t get away with it with almost the same level of state connivance but at least they are less blatant about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Aliona is going to have a hip surgery very soon. 

Reading the list of injuries and the potential causes that young lady has been going through makes my heart ache. I hope she will have smooth recovery and be back on the ice the way she wants and when she wants and can. I'm also pleased to know that her collaboration with Buyanova seems to be going smoothly. 

• 5 weeks later...
Guest turquoiseblue

Russian Figure Skating Federation has received 19 requests for transfers to the national teams of other countries
English translation by FS Gossips

On March 1, the International Skating Union (ISU) suspended Russian and Belarusian skaters, short track skaters and figure skaters from all competitions under the auspices of the organization due to the situation in Ukraine. Since the beginning of the year, FFKKR has received 19 transfer requests.

“Two-thirds of the requests received were submitted on time, we satisfied them. We will consider seven more at the December executive committee. We cannot disclose the names, since for this athletes must give special consent to the processing of personal data.” the FFKKR said.

Guest turquoiseblue

Russian probe into Valieva positive test in 'final stage'
Reuters
8 September 2022

"At this stage, the investigation of this case is at its final stage. RUSADA's Investigation Department is doing a lot of work to collect information and interview the athlete's entourage," the agency said in a statement, as reported by Match TV.

"The case of a Protected Person (in this case, an Athlete who was under 16 at the time of the alleged anti-doping rule violation) requires a thorough investigation into Athlete Support Personnel.

"In the coming weeks, the results of the investigation will be submitted to the RUSADA results processing department."

Guest turquoiseblue

“This is not welcomed now. In this situation, no one from the national team will change anything.” Russian experts abt news that 19 Russian skaters want to change sport citizenship
English translation by FS Gossips

President of the Russian Figure Skating Federation (FFKR) Alexander Gorshkov: To be honest, I do not count them, because there are quite a lot of them (requests). I can’t confirm the exact number.

Tatiana Tarasova: We don’t have to worry! Because it does not depend on us.

We cannot participate in the process of requests for a change of citizenship, unfortunately, we can only observe.

It’s wrong to give advice to every skater on changing citizenship, every person has one life, so it’s up to them to decide. Losing a job is very serious.

Irina Rodnina: It is not known what the names are. Age unknown. If these are young guys, this is the decision of the parents.

Can members of the national team change citizenship? Nobody knows.

I don’t think there’s any kind of disaster.

Alexander Zhulin: I think the trend will continue, the second-tier skaters are trying to break out somewhere, because they have no chance in Russia.

They are trying to represent other countries, any where they will be the first number, in order to perform at the European and World Championships.

We need to see how the federation, our country, will react to this, I think this is not welcomed now. I think that in this situation, no one from the team will change anything.

Maxim Trankov: I take it easy. Athletes always moved, changed citizenship. Moreover, it happened both ways: some left Russia, some came to us.

I do not think that these are athletes who were candidates for the national team. Probably, these are those who, for one reason or another, did not have a chance to get into the national team.

I’m not afraid that this may affect the level of figure skating in Russia.

1999 World champion Maria Butyrskaya: Parents of skaters who do not have a chance to compete for Russia are trying to look for some options, so that their children can go to competitions.

Alas, it is not clear for how long sanctions will be imposed on Russia. If the ISU had said that they would lift the restrictions in a year, I am sure that most of the athletes from this list would not change their citizenship.

We shouldn’t forget that we are one of the most powerful countries in figure skating. Russia has a very strong federation and incredible competition. It is clear that here you can make more progress than in other places. If you are in the top in Russia, then you will be fine on the international arena.

After all, not the strongest and not the best leave. Let them try this way.

Unfortunately, it is very difficult to say how the situation will develop if the ban is prolonged. It’s even hard for me to imagine what the guys are experiencing now, and to put myself in their place. But FFKR does everything for them in this situation. For example, in the new season, Grand Prix stages will be held, where it is planned to attract foreigners.

Of course, this is not the Olympics, but the skaters are no different from their colleagues from other sports. Everyone suffered. The country is trying to help people and give them the opportunity to perform and earn.