Team Russia

If anyone is interested. The English translation is posted in the comments to Alena's video.

Thanks to Alexandra Mavtevosyan. 

"English text, folks. 

Hi everyone! This is my channel and today we’re doing a YouTube challenge. What is it going to be? Since I’ve broken my right hand and can move only two fingers (which is not enough to apply at least half-decent makeup), I’ll have my left hand and just 12 minutes to put on something remotely similar to makeup. I hope you will support me with filming videos and challenges like that in response, you can choose whatever time limit you want as well as any kind of makeup — casual, evening, the one for a New Year’s Eve party. The main condition is using your left hand and doing it within a certain period of time. Let’s start, shall we? I’ll start when it’s 12 minutes sharp to make it fair. Here I come. What do I have? I have a mirror, eyeshadows, mascaras, foundations, everything I may need. I’ll probably start with eyes and eyebrows. Let’s try to work with eyebrows.

(1:34) Erm, it’s hard. That’s really a hard thing to do.

(2:01) I’ll tell you a small backstory. How come my hand is in a cast? It happened during a training session, I was practicing axel, had a bad fall and well, you know what happened next. Nothing extraordinary, regular training process. It happens. All athletes get injured sometimes. I forgot to put special drops in my eyes so they’ll be teary. That’s how my eyes react to any cosmetics. Well, one eye looks darker than the other now but… whatever. Everything happens. It’s OK. I hope so. The screen is black now but we all know that the countdown goes on. If you find challenges like this good, drop a comment, like the video and tell me in the comment section which new challenges from me you’d fancy watching. And I know there are a lot of them but given my situation I’ve decided that this one would be the funniest and most relevant one to try. I do wonder how well I can manage to apply makeup in case something like that happens during one of competitions.

(4:00) Now we have 5 minutes left. 5 minutes are hardly enough to do anything so I guess I’ll put on foundation and then get down to all the remaining stuff. I smashed a bottle with my favourite foundation so it looks like that. My left hand is aching like hell now. Not used to having to work so much. Generally speaking, I’ve realised that left-handed people have some tough lives in this world as almost everything is designed for right-handed people and sometimes it’s truly not easy to perform some everyday tasks. Like using scissors to cut something. Most things seem to be invented for right-hand usage and it’s terribly inconvenient. Because scissors won’t clip at all, for example. However I try to turn them, they just won’t work, so I transformed from a person who always tries to do everything independently to someone who constantly does this: “Moooooom" And that’s disgusting as parents find it hard to follow me everywhere to provide help and I feel ashamed to constantly ask their assistance in everything. Long story short, all of that isn’t really comfortable. Here comes trouble. I don’t really need to contour much, so I’ll do it just a bit with my finger.

(6:15) Besides, I want to accentuate eyes here. Although I’m not sure I’ll manage. Now let’s work with eyelids.

(6:51) I don’t know, let it be like that. That’s how I open the stuff, looks weird. And during the first days after I had got the injury even that was a big problem.
 (7:37) 3, 2, 1. Soo. That was 12 plus 2 bonus minutes. What can I say? Well, in general, I tried to do everything I’m currently able to. That’s what I look now, I really tried hard to meet the deadline. I look in the mirror and… I haven’t done all I planned, but my eyes look not bad overall, there’s some sort of a shadow line even. I guess I’ve coped with this challenge and now it’s your turn. I’m looking forward to seeing your videos, reading your responses, thoughts about this video and also new ideas — tell me what challenges you’d like to see from me in the future. Everyone thanks for the watching, I love you all, and see you soon!"

2 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

Did Evgenia retire?

Haven't heard from her in a while, but also didn't hear many others talking about this either!!

She won’t admit she has retired, but realistically yes. She can’t jump anything apart from salchow and maybe toe loops. Her back won’t turn enough to the right for her to be able to jump a flip or a lutz. 
Her back was injured well before Pyongchang 

2 hours ago, turquoiseblue said:

:14066882:

When I saw these statistics my first thought was honestly "gross". The fact that women in Russia can hardly continue skating past 18 is just crazy. It drives me mad that the ISU does nothing but encourage this type of training. It also is really upsetting to me that I should be excited to see women finally jumping quads and triple axels, but it doesn't matter because the way they train is unsustainable. I couldn't care less that a 15 year old is jumping quads when it's very likely her body won't hold up for another four years (till the next Olympics) and she'll retire soon. 

I've read comments about Eteri's comments, and some people say that she can't be that bad if skaters that have left her then return... my thought on that is Could it be that when they realize the lower marks they receive when they leave her, that is when they decide to return? We all know the boost in marks skaters get when they come out of her camp. Sometimes they deserve it, other times they don't.

A new portion on Eteri musings on FS reveal to us she was largely disappointed Slena Kostornaya didn’t persevere and skate on with a fracture “in a bone in a finger”. And Alina Zagitova turned uncontrollable and difficult after her Mum started living with her. 
That woman is a pure narcissist. 

8 minutes ago, Fay said:

A new portion on Eteri musings on FS reveal to us she was largely disappointed Slena Kostornaya didn’t persevere and skate on with a fracture “in a bone in a finger”. And Alina Zagitova turned uncontrollable and difficult after her Mum started living with her. 
That woman is a pure narcissist. 

That woman is crazy. 

I'm glad Alena is taking care of herself. 

And that comments about Alina, just what????