Team Russia

On 8/11/2020 at 11:13 AM, rockstaryuzu said:

Anyway. I agree with the rest of what you said. And I'm going to add that, at least in the hospital where I work, surgeons are regarded as cowboys by the other doctors. Aka, kind of reckless and overconfident, not necessarily too bright. So it's all in the perspective. 

On 8/11/2020 at 11:20 AM, Sombreuil said:

One was quite entertaining - can’t remember his specialty but he was a consultant physician, who, when asked what happened if all the things he was talking about didn’t work, said ‘ at that point there’s no option but to call in the plumbers’ - meaning the surgeons of course.

Hey now, I resemble those remarks! :laughing:

Anyway, Alyona’s 16. There’s a good chance she’ll go into something completely unrelated to neurosurgery, or even medicine in general.

10 minutes ago, Fay said:

Meanwhile the Fed has let it on that Valieva might be allowed to skate for seniors. 

Domestic comps only though, right? She isn’t age eligible for international senior competition unless the ISU changed the rule and I missed it.

12 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

Could it be that Russians like as much a "good fight" for a slight pretext as French/Gauls?:jester:

max-16-17.jpg

No. It’s happening because the coaching team which is proud of not giving any preferential treatment to their own students is getting preferential treatment for their own Olympic hope. 

1 hour ago, Fay said:

No. It’s happening because the coaching team which is proud of not giving any preferential treatment to their own students is getting preferential treatment for their own Olympic hope. 

I hadn't seen it under this angle; and they have Daria Usacheva and Maiia Khromykh in the same team...

There have been rumours about the causes of Alexandra Trusova's and Alena Kostornaia's departures, but I don't thing they themselves, or their parents, have spoken of another pupil being favoured?

7 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

I hadn't seen it under this angle; and they have Daria Usacheva and Maiia Khromykh in the same team...

There have been rumours about the causes of Alexandra Trusova's and Alena Kostornaia's departures, but I don't thing they themselves, or their parents, have spoken of another pupil being favoured?

“We should give equal chances to everyone” Eteri Tutberidze in May 2018. 
Did you really expect the girls to speak out? I envy your rosy-coloured view of Russian Figure skating.