Team Russia

1 minute ago, Fay said:

Tutberidze good, Plushenko bad - the agenda is simple. 

....but correct me if I'm wrong: I thought Ilyinikh was with some other group entirely, not Tutberidze at all? This "academy of champions" thing? 

4 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

....but correct me if I'm wrong: I thought Ilyinikh was with some other group entirely, not Tutberidze at all? This "academy of champions" thing? 

That was their personal enterprise with Yulia Lipnitskaya, but due to some internal tensions, they could never find a permanent skating rink to work on, so they travelled around Russia and the globe with training sessions. They were quite popular, travelled as far as Mexico, Iceland and Japan, but now that they both have baby kids, they can’t easily travel, so I guess the Academy is no more. 

8 minutes ago, Fay said:

That was their personal enterprise with Yulia Lipnitskaya, but due to some internal tensions, they could never find a permanent skating rink to work on, so they travelled around Russia and the globe with training sessions. They were quite popular, travelled as far as Mexico, Iceland and Japan, but now that they both have baby kids, they can’t easily travel, so I guess the Academy is no more. 

Which is very understandable, and what I'm getting at is that my understanding is, she never actually worked for Tutberidze so how can anyone say she left Eteri for Plush? IS the FS gossip really that crazy? 

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Which is very understandable, and what I'm getting at is that my understanding is, she never actually worked for Tutberidze so how can anyone say she left Eteri for Plush? IS the FS gossip really that crazy? 

crazy is an understatement

29 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Well maybe he's learned since then. At least he didn't say that Tarakanova plotted behind his back for months before leaving.

I don't think there are factual elements (please correct me if there are) but between wishful thinking and outright lie, i'd rather believe the former. I'd imagine (there, pure speculation) Alena Kostornaia in tears telling them she's leaving (and knowing full well what happens when a student leaves Team Tutberidze, plus probably being sorry to have to leave) and them trying to get info and misunderstanding her words. I think it would have been stupid of them to fabricate such a lie because it would quick be known as such, but had they believed it, and with Eteri Tutberidze's lack of restraint when a student leaves her, it sounds more logical to me that they claimed it.

Being of course perfectly clear there was never any such "plot since May" in reality, from all public elements it was a hasty decision mid-July.

5 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Someone must have decided that if Plushenko announces a new arrival (albeit of a coach), they must come from Tutberidze. I mean it must be very hard for someone of his stature to find people willing to work for him, right? 
But it’s hilarious, someone messed up there big time. 

Just now, Fay said:

Someone must have decided that if Plushenko announces a new arrival (albeit of a coach), they must come from Tutberidze. I mean it must be very hard for someone of his stature to find people willing to work for him, right? 
But it’s hilarious, someone messed up there big time. 

Indeed. :LOL:

Just now, rockstaryuzu said:

@SitTwizzle God bless your pure heart for trying to put it into the best possible terms, but based on past actions, it's pretty reasonable to assume the whole "Kostornaia plotted this in advance' story is a flat-out lie. 

If she did plot, she acted in the most stupid manner ever, staying on, learning two programs she cannot use and delaying her departure until it’s too late.