Team Russia

Zhenya :tumblr_inline_n18qraikFP1qid2nw:

she looks good, she looks happy and her english is nice! (not gonna do comparisons LOL)

I hope her training will keep going well :smiley-gen013:

@kaeryth

2 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

my dear wild child :sadPooh:

well, at least she's well...or well enough to skate :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

she's grown so much taller, and after all the rumours I hope she's taking it easy..

and why I'm not surprised she left Eteri? With quads girls + Alyona, it was too crowded there... I'm also a bit sad, tho, she had fought so hard to get there, and she got more consistent and I liked her programs...

I'm not sure what Plushy's academy can make for Nastya, but hey, I guess she's gonna have more attention from coaches there (+ they use the best examples for correct technique:tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:). Now I'm getting my hopes up that she'll be well and skate at JGP, tho I really don't know what to expect. But the most important thing is for her to be healthy! And happy! :snonegai:

1 hour ago, LadyLou said:

@kaeryth

my dear wild child :sadPooh:

well, at least she's well...or well enough to skate :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

she's grown so much taller, and after all the rumours I hope she's taking it easy..

and why I'm not surprised she left Eteri? With quads girls + Alyona, it was too crowded there... I'm also a bit sad, tho, she had fought so hard to get there, and she got more consistent and I liked her programs...

I'm not sure what Plushy's academy can make for Nastya, but hey, I guess she's gonna have more attention from coaches there (+ they use the best examples for correct technique:tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:). Now I'm getting my hopes up that she'll be well and skate at JGP, tho I really don't know what to expect. But the most important thing is for her to be healthy! And happy! :snonegai:

Our wild child :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid: I just want her healthy and happy and to rise!! :tumblr_m3j73lVQHJ1qid2nw:

It's good to see her skating again after all the awful rumours.

5 hours ago, katonice said:

So Alina has a condition called Osgood-Schlatter? 

Click through to the Tumblr link to read more from her about it. 

how she talks about that, it's so scary to me. I could never be an athlete, and I really admirre their incredible endurance and willpower but gosh, why are athletes like this?:sadPooh: just take care of yourself! And Alina is so, so, so young! Dear, you've won the OGM already, even if you want to keep winning, please think about your body, and your future after competitive career, don't neglect treatment now even if you think you can manage. Heal first as much as you can, or at least don't train as hard! Figure skating is already so hard on the body even when the body is perfectly ok...please try to stay healthy!

(and where are the parents? Ok leaving freedom of choice to your children, but they still need proper advice :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:)

7 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

how she talks about that, it's so scary to me. I could never be an athlete, and I really admirre their incredible endurance and willpower but gosh, why are athletes like this?:sadPooh: just take care of yourself! And Alina is so, so, so young! Dear, you've won the OGM already, even if you want to keep winning, please think about your body, and your future after competitive career, don't neglect treatment now even if you think you can manage. Heal first as much as you can, or at least don't train as hard! Figure skating is already so hard on the body even when the body is perfectly ok...please try to stay healthy!

(and where are the parents? Ok leaving freedom of choice to your children, but they still need proper advice :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:)

This poor girl!! 

Sorry, but I can't admire her endurance or accept this behavior. She is hurting herself and setting a very bad example for the younger girls who look up to her. This kind of thinking should never be encouraged especially that this is the second time she is talking about enduring pain (the first was not eating) to overcome a natural thing like growing up.

Where are the adults in this situation and why is no one stopping this? Her family and her coaches need a good shake (or a slap) to wake them up to reality. This is not something to be proud of, encouraged or even tolerated. She is only 16 for god's sake, someone needs to do something