wingman

Who have you tried to convert to a Hanyu fan?

Who have you tried to convert to a Hanyu fan?  

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I attempted to convert my fiancee but I failed.  For some reason showing him dozens of pictures of Yuzu's :peach: and talking about how pretty he is didn't manage to convince him :confused:

But he is coming with me to Autumn Classic if I manage to get tickets and our passports in time - crossing my fingers that the US government will be processing those.

I'm not necessarily trying to convert anyone.  Just I'm over-enthusiastic about him and tend to tell everyone.  Because I think he's so great I want everyone else to see how brill he is.  It would also be nice to talk about him other than on Planet Hanyu. 

I've partially got my sister on board.  During Helsinki GP '18 I kept sending her videos.  She says she's not that into skating but can see the attraction and  how does he get his body to bend that way??  (Donut spin).  She couldn't believe anyone could do the jumps he did. 

My youngest son will also chat about him but more in a joking way.  He recently did an art exhibition in which a question was asked to... Water...Temperature and a Computer (Don't ask!!!).  There is a coloured display.  Green for yes, red for no and yellow for non-applicable.  He'd rigged it up to ask "Will Yuzuru Hanyu be able to land a quad axle in a competition?" And all the boxes were green! !!!    Of course eldest son designed my Christmas Yuzu pillow for me.  He knows I'm a fan.  Love them both :img_20: Hubbie thinks I'm mad but will attend competitions sometimes.  "I've just spent six hours in a plastic seat with a numb bum!".  He did enjoy the Gala though.  He hasn't seen Yuzu live but I'm absolutely convinced if he did he'd be a fellow :satellite:

@Henni147

Spoiler

Your video is marvellous.  Do wish I could make them.  I cannot even work out how to link things or put a picture on the site. I think there is a proper name for the " Prince move" but carn't remember what it is or where I heard it.  Perhaps others will know?  

24 minutes ago, Old Cat Lady said:

I attempted to convert my fiancee but I failed.  For some reason showing him dozens of pictures of Yuzu's :peach: and talking about how pretty he is didn't manage to convince him :confused:

But he is coming with me to Autumn Classic if I manage to get tickets and our passports in time - crossing my fingers that the US government will be processing those.

Yes I've tried the exhaustion method too.  Think I overdid it with my Husband. :tantrum:

I tried to convert my mother and my friend. They both like FS but haven't watched it much lately. I decided not to be direct and sent them one-two best programs by top male skaters, including Otonal. My friend said she liked Javi best of all (sigh). My mother said "They are all ok, but that Japanese guy in blue - just magnificent! He was flying there!" She likes him now, though I didn't manage to turn her into an actual fan. Must work on it ))

12 hours ago, Louitunes said:

@Henni147

Hide contents

Your video is marvellous.  Do wish I could make them.  I cannot even work out how to link things or put a picture on the site. I think there is a proper name for the " Prince move" but carn't remember what it is or where I heard it.  Perhaps others will know?  

I think, the Prince move is a forward lunge while the pistol pose is a sideway lunge, is that correct?
However, "lunge" as a move name was too unspecific. That's why I labeled it as "Prince move" :laughing: