Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Planet Hanyu

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

[2017] USA Nats - Men, Pairs, Ice Dance SP & FS

Featured Replies

I'm not sure about that, Jackie. Nathan has a much longer setup on his 4Lz than his 4F and below is his RT video... what steps...? :slinkaway:

This is because second half 4Lz is worth more points than 4F, and no one ever calls the no steps anyway, not because he has more steps into it, Jackie...

(disclaimer: and I actually do really like this SP)

 

Spoiler

 

 

2 minutes ago, Smultron said:

Who is this guy skating to Nemesis again? :confused: 

The Cuuuuuurrrls are greatly missed :sad-smiley-046:

 

50% of the choreo was the curl bounce, tbh.

3 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

 

50% of the choreo was the curl bounce, tbh.

 

totally :sad-smiley-046:

 

now those costumes better be good to make up for the absence of The Curls ( although I don't have much hope tbh haha) 

 

 

 

12 minutes ago, Smultron said:

Who is this guy skating to Nemesis again? :confused: 

The Cuuuuuurrrls are greatly missed :sad-smiley-046:

 

So true! The curl bounce when he goes down at the SP start was iconic!

 

BTW, his curls were not the reason for his quad power, we can all relax. Aside from his SP RT he had a great practice and landed lotsa quads and even 3As!

I miss the bouncing curls too:peekapooh:

 

8 hours ago, xeyra said:

and even 3As!

well, he also threw that #Yolo 3A at the end of the runthrough, just to revenge his earlier pop :rock:

Again, contemporary really suits Nathan and the choreo is soooo good ( a lot something more before and after his jumps, too, and I'd be way less salty about pcs and goe :P).

Apparently JW has better eyes than mine re: connecting steps, but oh well (maybe we just don't agree on which "steps" can be counted:shrug:). The only thing that will change is the BV , it's not like judges have ever given Nathan's solo jump any ("mandatory") -3...

tbh I could see Nathan going for more backloading, too, like doing the combo in the 2nd half (which I think is also the back-up plan, if the 4F isn't landed well, or if Nathan #JustFeelsLikeYolo. Then Nathan could grab an easy lead on the SP even when not clean)

I'm curious about the FS layout, and I'm dying for the costume reveal :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

 

ETA: that 3A looked a bit tiny from that camera angle tho...

I've rewatched Yuzuru's COR FS 3As and...well...:laughing: I know, I know, that's an unfair comparison:13877886:forgive me, I just miss Yuzu

Worst practice for Nathan today (:13877886:) but note the quads... Is he going for six in his layout or did he try six here because of the falls, I wonder? 

 

 

:ugly004:

 

I really don’t know if I should laugh or cry. If this was fiction, it’d’ve been labled as unrealistic LONG ago. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.