Team Japan

3 hours ago, Paskud said:

I don't understand a thing but she cute

here's a translation:tumblr_inline_n2pjcy6tMv1qdlkyg:

LMAO "defrosting" looks like a good reason to enjoy summer, if you spend so much time in a cold, cold ice rink:laughing:

and she can swim! But she has never gone to the beach (to me swimming = sea and summer = beach so I definitely can't relate):67638860:

Kaori had been taking swimming lessons since she was a child until the 2nd year of junior high school. She was good at swimming as well. She had an option to pursue swimming competitively but chose figure skating because figure skating allows one to breathe while doing it.:tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

1 hour ago, sweetwater said:

Kaori had been taking swimming lessons since she was a child until the 2nd year of junior high school. She was good at swimming as well. She had an option to pursue swimming competitively but chose figure skating because figure skating allows one to breathe while doing it.:tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Can skaters breathe during jumps? Of course this would rather belong to General Skating Chat.

5 hours ago, sweetwater said:

but chose figure skating because figure skating allows one to breathe while doing it.:tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

this is such a Kaori thing to say:tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp: how can anyone not love her?:tumblr_inline_n0o1fhfhFY1qid2nw:

Also whoa kudos to her

Rika too was in a variety of sports, but in the end chose to pursue fs, tho I believe her reasoning was a bit different :68468287:

3 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

Can skaters breathe during jumps? Of course this would rather belong to General Skating Chat.

I think jumps are so fast (time of flight under 1sec, e.g. Yuzu's 4Lz in some measurements was 0.7-0.8secs, so a typical triple probably not more than 0.5seconds) that they have no need to breath during the actual jump. My guess (as someone who has never jumped on ice) is that they inhale during preparation and exhale on landing, kind of mirroring the furling/unfurling movement of their arms&legs (satellites who skate might confirm this, but it feels the most logical thing to me).

What I do wonder is if they can breath during spins. Spins last so much longer, sometimes over 10sec, so...do they breath? Can they breath, with spinning so fast and in contorted position on top of that? 🤔 I wanna know!

ETA: I wonder, hasn't Yuzu talked briefly about something like this once? 

Japan Open:

Considering what we can do to the maximum now in the face of various regulations due to the spread of the new coronavirus infection, we will hold a two-team competition by mixing professional, amateur, juniors with only Japanese players from the usual three-region competition.
We would like to provide a stage that will be a new step at the beginning of the season for players who have lost their place to perform due to the successive cancellations of ice shows and unattended games. We also hope that it will be an opportunity for fans to see it up close for the first time in a long time.
We will give due consideration to infection prevention measures and strive for safe operation, but we ask for your cooperation in many cases, and we ask for your understanding.
In addition, we are planning the first live distribution of the Japan Open this year so that more people can see it. Let's support the Japanese players who are doing their best together!

https://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/japanopen2020/outline.html

ladies men juniors professional
Wakaba Higuchi Sota Yamamoto Hana Yoshida Hiroaki Sato
Tomoe Kawabata Lucas Tsuyoshi Honda Chisato Uramatsu  
Yuhana Yokoi Ryuju Hino    
Marin Honda      

And we have calendar:

September 25th (Fri) -27th (Sun) Block Tournament Chubu Championship / Chugoku-Shikoku Kyushu Championship

October 2nd (Fri) -4th (Sun) Block Tournament Kanto Championship / Kinki Championship

October 9th (Fri) -11th (Sun) Block Tournament Tokyo Championship / Tohoku / Hokkaido Championship

October 23rd (Friday) -October 25th (Sunday) All Japan Novice Championship

November 21st (Sat) -23rd (Mon / holiday) All Japan Junior Championships

October 30th (Friday) -November 1st (Sunday) West Japan Championship

November 6th (Fri) -8th (Sun) East Japan Championship