Team Japan

some more on Satoko from the training camp

tbh...I'm not sure about her choice of music for the fs, and I have big doubts on the 3A training, but well, when she sounds so involved I feel that I need to hold my own judgement and wait to see what happens...

and while all the 3A talks from so many jpn ladies in the training camp were...well, a bit crazy and out of nowhere, tbh what can they do, if not say that they are going to work on it and up their BV? It's unlikely that, even with fully rotated jumps, a clean jpn lady without 3A will be able to beat a russian or american lady with similar layout... but being really able to bring a 3A, while also being clean, is going to be a challenge. Heck Rika has been training and incorporating 3A in her layout for much longer, and while 3A now can look effortless, it's been a rocky path (also, Rika, please, if in the future if you really need to pop a 3A I hope you'll pop it into a double...please!)

I'd have bigger hopes for Wakaba if she hadn't been injured this past season, so for the moment I just hope to see her healthy and landing her jumps with the quality she is capable of...

As for Kaori, I'm a bit concerned that the 3A training mainly happens on input of her coaches. I'd honestly feel better is I knew it was her own choice since the start...

And Mai... I just hope she healthy enough to do whatever she loves:tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg: If it's skating, ok, but knowing she's constantly struggling with her disease I'm twice worried about her:sigh:

re: Shoma

I'm not sure if this was already shared, but there's a point I particularly want to comment on

interesting that he's trained some -Lo combos, if he could stabilize one he could replace a 2T with a 3Lo, quite a BV upgrade even if he doesn't add any new quad (still, he could add new quads, and I'm expecting him to bring the 3A4T)

I wonder what, in his mind, could possibly make a song a song ex-like ...  :knc_tracy2: (still waiting for him to skate to Kimi no Nawa tho, EX is fine)

but the important part was

can I say it?

FINALLY! I was waiting for this, Shoma! :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

I'm so looking forward to his new programs!

(also, I'm guessing he spoke to David during ATS?)

Challenger Series Assignments for Team Japan

CS

Autumn Classic

(Canada, Sept 12-14)

Lombardia Trophy

(Italy, Sept 13-15)

US Classic

(USA, Sept 17-22)

Nepela Memorial

(Slovakia, Sept 19-21)

Nebelhorn Trophy

(Germany, Sept 25-28)