General Yuzuru Chat

3 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

Me being a wet blanket: Do you think the current report that Yuzu is in good condition might upset people that Yuzu isn't taking part in TE? I don't necessarily mean the Yuzu fans. I think on GS someone even brought up Yuzu's decision affecting Shoma's chances for gold before it was announced Shoma would just do the TE SP.

Shoma is now doing SP instead of FS. Less tiring, so better for him. Ignore GS trolls.

After reading BO’s words, I feel that the week earned by avoiding TE will really make a difference. Plus, I just found out that not only Sui/Han but Boyang also seems he’s avoiding TE (judging by Boyang’s absence from team china arrival group photo), despite it being the first Olympics for them all. So more professional people are making the judgment that regular training and good rest is more important for top contenders than trying their hands at TE. It makes me happy :biggrin:  (Plus the news that Olympic village guards are catching Norwalk virus from drinking water scares me so I’m glad Yuzu won’t stay there for long before comps. Hope Ajinomoto ships food and water for JPN athletes like they did before!)

Olympics: Hanyu will be 100% ready to defend title, says coach Orser

https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2018/02/33142b5c8614-olympics-hanyu-will-be-100-ready-to-defend-title-says-coach-orser.html

"It is amazing how we can peak pretty quickly. I remember in the summer we got back training in July and saying then he's ready for the Olympics. He was ready in August. So we have all that work behind us and it is sort of in the bank and thank goodness for that because now it is all coming to fruition," said Orser.

"We are kind of peaking again and it is mainly conditioning right now and getting some run-throughs done. But he has done a lot of conditioning off the ice so in some ways he is much stronger than ever but we need the extra time."

21 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

Me being a wet blanket: Do you think the current report that Yuzu is in good condition might upset people that Yuzu isn't taking part in TE? I don't necessarily mean the Yuzu fans. I think on GS someone even brought up Yuzu's decision affecting Shoma's chances for gold before it was announced Shoma would just do the TE SP.

Well, enough of that. I think now is a good time to start lifting the media blackout too, despite my post earlier today. Once TE happens it might be too late to get any word out if the other men gains momentum. Now it's the perfect time for the Overlord's news to subtly creep into other competitors' ears and be the stuff of nightmares as word gets out that the King will be back to good form.

Anyway, I have many feelings but at the core I just miss watching Yuzu skate happily and healthy.

yuzu doesn't have any responsibility to shoulder pressure whatnot for other skaters. if yuzu went for the team sp (and if japan doesn't make it to Fs, so shoma doesn't have to anyway), would anyone say shoma hurt yuzu chances of gold? nope doubt it. it's double standards always when it comes to yuzu. 

23 minutes ago, xeyra said:

I was taking shower when my daughter shared this news to me and immediately I cried so hard !

finally some very GREAT news after all the secrecy ... I’m just so happy and swelled with pride at the way Brian said “ he’s pretty remarkable !” Yuzu has been through so much it’s about TIME !

:smiley-happy093:

42 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

First of, GS. Second of, as a competitor and athlete, Yuzuru has the right to prioritise his own competition and results. Basically, if something happens to Shoma, he and his team can go handle it themselves, Yuzuru has no obligations to help him :shrug:

f66120fc14238774f2231221d6163107.jpg

:animated-smileys-cheeky-053::tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw: source

Re. the media influx these last few days, I think it's all very smart and part of the strategy. There's a reason why skaters don't like to disclose injuries -- even if they have them -- until after the Olympics. Yuna didn't disclose her left foot fracture until after the Olympics. Because you don't want the judges to have lower expectations of you or to think "he's skating injured" since you can imagine how this biases them. So this is absolutely the right time to start talking. Especially if he is healthy (and even if he isn't, fingers crossed that's not the caseother skaters not Yuzu, who is 100% healthy :biggrin:) , you want the general sentiment to be "This guy is skating at 100%" when he's on the ice. There's nothing more his rivals can do to better ready themselves anyway, with the event in exactly a week, and all of the men are going to be going for the best that they've got at this point. 

56 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

Well, enough of that. I think now is a good time to start lifting the media blackout too, despite my post earlier today. Once TE happens it might be too late to get any word out if the other men gains momentum. Now it's the perfect time for the Overlord's news to subtly creep into other competitors' ears and be the stuff of nightmares as word gets out that the King will be back to good form.

Anyway, I have many feelings but at the core I just miss watching Yuzu skate happily and healthy.

Shoma does better when he competes regularly. He showed that last season. He's not struggling with any injury. He's been in top training condition all season, so he's not losing anything by competing in the team event.

Yuzu needs every moment of training at his rink that he can get because he is, despite all good news, still preparing for a comeback from a pretty serious injury. Without the extra few days, Shoma is probably more competition ready so that decision is also good for Team Japan.

But anybody who wants to complain about Yuzu will find something to complain about. If he'd decided to compete TE SP, then a chronic complainer would say: This is Shoma's shot, he competed at Nationals and at 4CC, he should have the chance to compete in that rink and familiarise himself properly to competition setting at the Olympics especially because he's not had Olympic experience. Yuzu is stealing Shoma's spotlight and experience to ruin his advantage for the individual event!!

So. Haters can shrivel up and dry.

8 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Re. the media influx these last few days, I think it's all very smart and part of the strategy. There's a reason why skaters don't like to disclose injuries -- even if they have them -- until after the Olympics. Yuna didn't disclose her left foot fracture until after the Olympics. Because you don't want the judges to have lower expectations of you or to think "he's skating injured" since you can imagine how this biases them. So this is absolutely the right time to start talking. Especially if he is healthy (and even if he isn't, fingers crossed that's not the case), you want the general sentiment to be "This guy is skating at 100%" when he's on the ice. There's nothing more his rivals can do to better ready themselves anyway, with the event in exactly a week, and all of the men are going to be going for the best that they've got at this point. 

Brian said he's skating without pain. I'll take his word for it.

14 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Brian said he's skating without pain. I'll take his word for it.

My feeling is that he's been fine for a while, but they wanted to do a combination of 1. keeping his rivals in the dark/complacent, while also 2. telling the judges that he's completely healed and ready to defend his title, so it was all according to an extremely well-thought out and well-timed plan.

1 hour ago, Forcefield said:

Considering how much Yuzu has done not just for Japanese Figure Skating in the past 4 years, but Figure Skating in general, people complaining are obviously not worth listening to. On the other hand, I'm sure Shoma would be the first one to roll his eyes and be annoyed at this. Shoma is his own man, not a weakling who needs Yuzu to do stuff a certain way for Shoma to have better chances. (Also, that kind of boggles my mind anyway, because... isn't it better that Shoma had two chances to compete? O.o We had a meltdown because Yuzu's not getting that experience and now people are like 'why are you putting all that on Shoma???' So weird...) Plus, Shoma was perfectly free to skip the TE as well. Keiji would surely have been happy to do it all and it's not like they really have much of a chance.

I'm more wondering if we might see Yuzu in the KnC, if he arrives on the 11th and Japan qualifies for the free lol Very unlikely, but imagine the surprise...