General Yuzuru Chat

53 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

I'm not going to get into layout talks, because I don't have enough experience, but I think the Sochi experience might have come in very handy in making a decision. Because he had 4S then, that wasn't stable but he risked it - and the risk didn't pay off - he will have been able to analyze his own feelings and think about whether his kuyashii was stronger by doing 4S and failing, or if it would have been as bad or worse if he'd skipped the 4S and nailed everything else (except maybe 3F, to have the same scenario). By analyzing this, he should be able to decide whether 4Lz is worth the risk or not.

I think he's said before that he wouldn't be Yuzuru Hanyu if he didn't challenge the 4S even if he'd only been able to land it once that season (at a B Competition at that). The thing is, he probably felt that he had to risk it because while he was touted as the one who would most upset Chiddy coming into Sochi (and even after beating Chiddy at GPF and the great showing at the TE), Chiddy was still the man to beat. The difference to now is that he's matured and understands how important his health is (Brian must be so ecstatic that Yuzu is listening to him now after 6 years together :smiley-laughing021:). Also, it's not as if his layout is not difficult already with our without the 4Lz.

10 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

It's so frustrating that the only source to provide a "Yuzu's not going to do 4Lz" quote is Kyodo, the one we established generally needs to be taken with a grain or more of salt...

I know we like to speculate BVs and layouts but at this point I'm so happy with the news of '100% recovery' and 'no pain' that I'm just going to let the kid do what he thinks his body can handle (under the guidance of Team Cricket of course... can't trust that guy 100%).

32 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

It's so frustrating that the only source to provide a "Yuzu's not going to do 4Lz" quote is Kyodo, the one we established generally needs to be taken with a grain or more of salt...

And yet to take that with a huge grain of salt is to take everything quoted there with a huge grain of salt and consider it unlikely. So what is it? Is Yuzu recovered and doing well or can't we be sure it's true, considering we can't trust the info that he might not do the 4Lz?

As said before, Yuzuru is amazing but he's not a miracle maker. That 4Lz cannot be ready by Olys is a logical conclusion to arrive at considering his circumstances, even for his stubborn ass. 

For other sources, @yude at GS also said this:

・He has been doing run-through, and doing the training for regain the stamina from last week.
・He won't do 4Lz because it is not ready.
・He needed one more week to get back to his 100% form.
・"He had really tried hard until today."(Kobayashi)
・He has been practicing 4Lo, 4S, 4T

https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20180206-00000061-jij-spo

http://www.sankei.com/pyeongchang2018/news/180206/pye1802060028-n1.html

https://www.nikkansports.com/olympic/pyeongchang2018/figureskate/news/201802060000353.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=nikkansports_ogp

hace 2 minutos , xeyra said:

And yet to take that with a huge grain of salt is to take everything quoted there with a huge grain of salt and consider it unlikely. So what is it? Is Yuzu recovered and doing well or can't we be sure it's true, considering we can't trust the info that he might not do the 4Lz?

As said before, Yuzuru is amazing but he's not a miracle maker. That 4Lz cannot be ready by Olys is a logical conclusion to arrive at considering his circumstances, even for his stubborn ass. 

Whatever Brian really said about 4Lz I am 99% sure we'll not see it at the Olympics. Because there are no time left to stabilize it, because of the risk of new injury and the importance of  clean skates. Putting it in FS doesn't make much sense at this point.

But there is this 1% that I leave for YOLOing

hace 1 minuto , kaeryth said:

Brian cured everyone's sadness and created world peace :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Today's news are the best we have got since November.

Yuzu is practicing with NO PAIN :smiley-happy093:

2 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

And completely :offtopic:, I am plagued by Yuzu-related signs... on Saturday I went to a mall and stumbled upon a Swan Lake calendar, cactus shaped candles, and an Under Armour shop I had no idea existed here. On Sunday, I went to a Japanese/Asian restaurant and found they had Yuzu lemonade and then also found some great headphones. And now, as I was typing this, the radio started playing Gazebo's I like Chopin... He's EVERYWHERE! :war: (I am NOT complaining, though >_>)

I laughed when I read that part of you post because if you tell anyone outside the fandom about most of these signs they will never understand the connection to Yuzu. We really have our own planet and language as Hanyu fans :laughing:

2 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

omg he replied in 0.00000001 second with confidence :laughing:

Mama Order reassuring everybody

The look on his face and fingers pointing to the reporter saying never underestimate him is actually making me a bit scared with what Brian is seeing during practice :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw: