General Yuzuru Chat

55 минут назад, lilsailor сказал:

i wonder if the 4Lz is  a physical or mental issue now :/ 

I hope it's physical issue (for now), he had not so many attempts for it to become mental. I think there was just too little time to train again all the "old" jumps and get a new one to behave. Plus the risk of re-injury while learning/re-learning a new jump is still high. Though I will not be surprised if he'll try to get it again for WC.

15 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

If it wasn't you, then it's highly likely I hallucinated it... did I just give you an idea on how to spend your monday evening? :pouty::pouty::pouty:

I do need to complete my tables with jump statistics...

Well we never saw a consistent 4Lz yet so likely he just needs more times. With all jumps there are both mental AND physical issues to them. Just because you've successfully landed it once (or ten times) doesn't mean that now all your issues are mental rather than physical. Sometimes you can do it well in practice but the success rate is not so high, so you can't hit it in competition. Is that mental or physical? It's probably both. And that's okay, because you just practice it more so that the success rate is 99% or 100% in practice and you can hit it in competition 80% of the time.

Also Yuzu usually takes a season or more to stabilize a jump. Lately there's been an influx of skaters who add 2-3(!) extra quads every season and so we're "spoiled" a bit and think that's the norm. But common sense tells us that's nowhere near the norm and let's not even get into underrotations, prerotations, lack of steps (where required), bad technique, etc. 

I think we haven't seen the last of the 4Lz, even we won't see it next week :biggrin:

The news with Brian's words went through the exact same pattern as that time Javi said Yuzu was recovered. First elation, then overthinking, dissecting and finally despair about it instead of celebration of good news. We never learn not to look a gift horse in the mouth... :laughing:

All these pages dedicated to translations and mistranslations... wish they just recorded Brian speaking so us native speakers could hear it ourselves, lol!!

Ah brian. Talking up Yuzu and showing surprise at his rate of recovery... basically reminding everyone once again how amazing yuzu is and that he is caught up!! 

11 minutes ago, xeyra said:

The news with Brian's words went through the exact same pattern as that time Javi said Yuzu was recovered. First elation, then overthinking, dissecting and finally despair about it instead of celebration of good news. We never learn not to look a gift horse in the mouth... :laughing:

If somebody wanted to make a spreadsheets of Planet thinking patterns/cycles(?), now THAT would provide some psychological data on Fan's mindsets...

Excellent news! :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: 

I know we keep talking about him as the Troll Master, and he is, but isn’t he also very honest? He’s been very forthright about wanting to win decisively. His strategy is being overwhelmingly good, not sneak-attack machinations. So I think he likes having good news, and when he had it, he made sure Brian would share. 

2 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

Well, he might be the only male skater to land 5 quads...or even 4 quads, really. Someone like @xeyra has counted all the landed quads vs. planned quads for the season, I think (or I hallucinated it :laughing:). There was a margin. 

I dont't know if you meant these data (last and this season until GPF, links below, ) or others:

https://planethanyu.com/topic/486-2017-gpf-men-sp-fs/?do=findComment&comment=133082

https://planethanyu.com/topic/486-2017-gpf-men-sp-fs/?do=findComment&comment=133090

1 hour ago, Bonesfan said:

Eh -  it's English -> Japanese -> English.  Have you ever played telephone?

We need a 'Lost in translation' thread for these periodic convulsions.  As @sweetwater says above English/Japanese/English interface lends itself to these ambiguous interpretations.....