General Yuzuru Chat

4 minutes ago, xeyra said:

I think people have a tendency to overplay Yuzu's YOLOing a bit. He only has done some YOLOing when he's made a mistake somewhere, and usually with a recovery 3A/4T, his best jumps; he's not Nathan who decides on what jumps to use depending on his mood. So he needs a fixed layout to runthrough.

tbh I prefer him yolo-ing rather than putting in many quads not knowing if he'll be able to do it..

When he YOLO, he YOLO with confidence. 

hace 9 minutos , robin said:

Hmm seeing how Yuzu skipped TE it gives me the impression that these 6ish extra days of practice are pretty significant so the layout may actually depend on them... although I also have issues believeing the layout would still be uncertain at this point I think it’s possible. 

I also have got the impression that this 1 extra week of training is important and one of main reasons to skip TE.  Brian mentions stamina as one of the issues to work on still. It may be this or anything else.

hace 4 minutos , swanbeau said:

in my opinion, he had been training (as in serious runthrough all day long with the intention to use it in competition) with only 2 layouts, 5 quads without 4Lz (off season before 4Lz got an okay from brian) and 5 quads with 4Lz. ACI layouts is not something he trained for. its just a 5 quads with 4Lz layout that got downgraded and is the thing that made him most frustrated with, resulting in a notsogood performance, which means theres no way hes gonna actually use it for olympics, imo. but i could (most probably) be wrong :laughing:

There is still last year's 4 quads layout, but we don''t know if he has ever done Seimei run-throughs with it.

2 minutes ago, Floria said:

I also have got the impression that this 1 extra week of training is important and one of main reasons to skip TE.  Brian mentions stamina as one of the issues to work on still. It may be this or anything else.

There is still last year's 4 quads layout, but we don''t know if he has ever done Seimei run-throughs with it.

He can also do 4 quads with this season's layout, just replace the 4Lz for a 3Lz. Thing is that initial 3Lz might not be a good jump to really start off on.

My personal opinion is that he's doing runthroughs with 4 quads and runthroughs with 5 quads, and 'working on his stamina' means determining just how much he can sustain. 

Whatever the case, runthroughs are really the best and he should be doing them a lot in this last week. So that the jumps can enter (again) into pilot mode. 

He's probably already decided the layout unless 4Lz miraculously behaves perfectly all of a sudden. That's unlikely. But I don't think we'll see that 3Lz in the beginning layout. It messed up his entire rhythm. The first two jumps have those long setups, so they'll probably be quads. Maybe the the fifth quad/second 3A decision might be made depending on his stamina. With the GOE he gets on 3A, it won't make too much difference, really.

5 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

He's probably already decided the layout unless 4Lz miraculously behaves perfectly all of a sudden. That's unlikely. But I don't think we'll see that 3Lz in the beginning layout. It messed up his entire rhythm. The first two jumps have those long setups, so they'll probably be quads. Maybe the the fifth quad/second 3A decision might be made depending on his stamina. With the GOE he gets on 3A, it won't make too much difference, really.

Probably more likely to start 4T 4Lo 3F// that interferes the least with his jumps timing, keeping the order roughly intact. If he decides to toss in the 4Lz for worlds, he can still go toe-edge-toe for his first 3 jumps.

22 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

tbh I prefer him yolo-ing rather than putting in many quads not knowing if he'll be able to do it..

I would rather to see him skate clean with his fix layout  than making mistake and have to yolo to make up the losing BV. And as far as I remember, he only did great with flying layout  once at 4CC last year. At WTT, he poped the last 3A so it didn't work for him all the time. 

2 minutes ago, Floria said:

true, he could go back to this n start training seimei 2.0 with this layout. this means he only has experience with it after he comes back from injury, 3 weeks could be enough for him though, so. i guess what i meant was more whatever his layout is he has a fixed one now n has been training it from last week when he got his quads back. like, thats the point of doing runthroughs right? getting stamina back n familiarizing jumps rhythm? (i suspect he's gonna try 4lz in worlds so 5 quads without 4lz seems like the closest it gets to that layout)

25 minutes ago, xeyra said:

I think people have a tendency to overplay Yuzu's YOLOing a bit. He has only done some YOLOing when he's made a mistake somewhere, and usually with a recovery 3A/4T, his best jumps; he's not Nathan who decides on what jumps to use depending on his mood. So he needs a fixed layout to runthrough.

:2thumbsup: nathan also doesnt really have that much transitions into his jumps, its easier to yolo that way. 

hace 30 minutos , MrPudding said:

If he YOLOs it means he made a mistake and it may affect  PCS. And with PCS gap so small as it is now a YOLO jump may just not be enough.  

ETA Actually I think YOLOing isn't something natural to him. He needs all things to fall in to place and YOLOing is quite the contrary.  WTT is a good example and also ACI 2017  when he failed to yolo 4T.

8 часов назад, Yoa сказал:

@gladi once again :bow::bow::bow:

"to the extent that I wanted to throw away all titles and hide away at home––there are even times like that"

:sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh:

"A –– The Quad Axel!"

:dpooh:

Thanks Pluschenko and Nobu for being so inspirational for our boy :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

33 minutes ago, Xen said:

Probably more likely to start 4T 4Lo 3F// that interferes the least with his jumps timing, keeping the order roughly intact. If he decides to toss in the 4Lz for worlds, he can still go toe-edge-toe for his first 3 jumps.

It would be good, really. The 4T is very reliable for him, it could make sure the skate flows from it. No worrying too much about landing that first jump, and that's long enough for muscle memory to kick in, nerves to settle, and skate the rest on autopilot. But I'd sacrifice the second 4T for a 3A in a heartbeat. The impact of two of his 3As could stun judges into giving him all the PCS after all the shaky wobbly 3As we've had since he went ninja!

Actually, the only way he can train both a 4 or 5 quad layout at the same time and still maintain the same kind of rhythm he was used to before is if he maybe starts with 4S.

4S 4Lo 3F // 4S3T 3A1Lo3S 4T 3A2T 3Lz - 4 quads

OR

4S 4Lo 3F // 4S3T 4T1Lo3S 4T 3A2T 3Lz - 5 quads

And this still allows him to keep the same layout rhythm for possibly adding the 4Lz for Worlds without changing much.

Remember he used to do both edge quads in H&L so it's not a stretch. 

3 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Actually, the only way he can train both a 4 or 5 quad layout at the same time and still maintain the same kind of rhythm he was used to before is if he maybe starts with 4S.

4S 4Lo 3F // 4S3T 3A1Lo3S 4T 3A2T 3Lz - 4 quads

OR

4S 4Lo 3F // 4S3T 4T1Lo3S 4T 3A2T 3Lz - 5 quads

And this still allows him to keep the same layout rhythm for possibly adding the 4Lz for Worlds without changing much.

Can he not do two 3As? 

He did Seimei with 4Lo as his first jump as well for runthrough, didn't he? He's used to doing it as his first jump for H&L, he might do that, with 4S as the second jump. He was comfortable subbing 4S for 4Lo for ACI Chopin, too, so maybe that works. Not changing those last few jumps would make sense, too. There's just no time for improvisation there, it's all planned down to the millisecond.

Might depend on just how well 4Lo is behaving. He seems to prefer to get the unruliest jump out of the way first.

Though... Wouldn't it be something if 4Lo is the one he repeats. :dpooh: