Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Planet Hanyu

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Featured Replies

13 minutes ago, Floria said:

I am still in doubts about SCAC. The fact you can't reserve and buy tickets online is a little bit scary, because if you pay 600€ for roundtrip flight you want to be sure about getting into the venue :facepalm:. And hotels are very expensive or very far. Now I am trying to make reservation on Airbnb, but there are very few options around the rink.

And on top of that I have aviophobia :laughing: which means that 8-hours flight will be a nightmare. Things I am ready to do for you, Yuzu!

 

Usually I listen to classical music station at work and when I was looking rooms in Montreal guess what it started playing? Ballade No 1!!! 

Was it a sign that I should go?  

 

 

Yuzuru is calling for you....a siren's song, draped in swan feathers and glitter, legs wrapped and bent sensually in a beckoning pose, a mysterious smile luring you to come forth and cheer for him on Canadian Ice.

5 hours ago, supphear said:

But this year there will be hundreds of Hanyu's fans rush to Montreal to watch his competition. I bet you.

I don't think it will be that easy to get front row seats this year. Here I will go to with at least 3 friends, and the rooms nearby on airbnb are almost fully booked during that period.

Hopefully I will have good luck.

I'm really still not worried at this point about seats, as I know wherever I end up sitting I'll get a good view. I'm not sure about hundreds of fans, but Yuzu has been to ACI the last 2 seasons and while there are always fans who arrive very early to line up, I don't think there have ever been hundreds to do so for a small challenger event. In Helsinki for Worlds, sure, there were lots of people lined up to enter for the men's FS small medals, but this really is a small competition. The only unknown is how many of his fans may try to come that would've probably gone to Skate Canada if he was assigned there. I think the majority of people who attend are probably staying at hotels rather than Airbnbs, this area of Montreal didnt have a ton of Airbnb offerings from what I remember during my initial searches - I would expect more Airbnb listings for the downtown area so I wouldn't be surprised if the couple that were near the rink did get booked. You never know, last time demand for hotels was high because there was an Adele concert around the same time, so it doesn't necessarily mean all people staying in the area are there for Autumn Classic once the rink is close to the airport. 

 

In terms of practice, some will go and save seats for their friends but rarely do you see that many that stay from the beginning in the morning for other practices up into the men's event (trust me, it can be tiring). A lot of people come later in the day, or even only to watch Yuzu.

hace 6 minutos , Xen said:

Yuzuru is calling for you....a siren's song, draped in swan feathers and glitter, legs wrapped and bent sensually in a beckoning pose, a mysterious smile luring you to come forth and cheer for him on Canadian Ice.

 

How can I resist?

17818455_748727501956896_188827872955413

6 hours ago, supphear said:

That's really a relief.... Would you mind send me link of your fancams? I would rather have a look at it. Totally know nothing about SCAC, it makes me nervous.

thank you

If you search for Autumn Classic in my dailymotion channel you should be able to find several videos of the practices:

http://www.dailymotion.com/kichessarjilian

52 minutes ago, Floria said:

 

How can I resist?

17818455_748727501956896_188827872955413

Maybe by watching his photo with extraordinary thigh muscle :dancingpooh:

ad68b1a82a4e2959.jpg

1 minute ago, Hydroblade said:

that only makes me want to try harder to get there :slinkaway:

Regard to how to be a super fan!   Hanyu Yuzuru, a super fan of Plushenko:embSwan:

2 hours ago, supphear said:

Sad, the website banned by GFW. Let me try some technical software.....

Oh maybe dailymotion is not available where you live :sadPooh:.

The SP and FS in consecutive days is good practice for the Olympics, though being at night doesn't really help with those schedules they'll have there. I actually haven't followed Challenger events before so I assume they all take place in two days of actual competition, like this? 

1 hour ago, Strawberry said:

Autumn Classic International Announcement

 

http://www.isu.org/media/545474/cs2017_can_announcement.pdf

EVENT SCHEDULE

Friday, September 22, 2017   20:15 Men – Short Program

Saturday, September 23, 2017  20:40 MEN – Free Skating

Victory Ceremonies will take place off-ice following the completion of each event, with the exception of Senior Men

AeIpi0q.png

Thanks for this :biggrin: i updated the calendar:

https://planethanyu.com/calendar/2-competitions/2017/9/

38 minutes ago, xeyra said:

The SP and FS in consecutive days is good practice for the Olympics, though being at night doesn't really help with those schedules they'll have there. I actually haven't followed Challenger events before so I assume they all take place in two days of actual competition, like this? 

Finlandia trophy often takes 3 days, the CS event in US was the same I think.  The ACI schedule this year is quite similar to last year ( I still recall I had breakfast while watching LGC debut, and that all white costume make me choked and almost dropped my sandwich :laughing:)

Thanks @Strawberry for sharing the updates. I see this year they had listed three hotels as official hotels:crazyshit2: Not sure how they are gonna assign rooms. I remembered at 2015 they grouped North American skaters to one hotel, and the rest stayed in another hotel. No schedule for OP yet:dancingpooh:Hopefully I can make the Thursday OP if no delay.

3 часа назад, xeyra сказал:

The SP and FS in consecutive days is good practice for the Olympics, though being at night doesn't really help with those schedules they'll have there. I actually haven't followed Challenger events before so I assume they all take place in two days of actual competition, like this? 

Actually most GP events take place in two days, so yeah, good practice :smile:

 

A lil something to prepare your heart if you guys do see this happening :10636614: 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.