Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Planet Hanyu

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Featured Replies

26 minutes ago, Xen said:

then we might see a fainted Hydro...

There's this guy from a band that i really like and that i had the chance to meet. When i first saw him i was drinking water and as he began to walk towards me, smiling, i started choking on the water.

This was three years ago and he still laughs about that :13877886:

On 2017-6-26 at 18:19, Xen said:

I managed to book at the comfort inn next door. Also checked the public transport, and it seems pretty good, and it seems buses even run after 11 pm? Scary...

This one is near the rink? In what page did you book it? Thank you! 

Just now, Floria said:

This one is near the rink? In what page did you book it? Thank you! 

It's the one that's in the same cluster as the Quality Inn. I got mine off of priceline. 

If somebody wants to share hotel room in Montreal and save some money, I am here :wave:. I am still not sure if I go to AC, but if I go it will be from 19/09 to 24/09, 

7 hours ago, lily said:

There's actually no designed seat! And from what I saw the people whose hand he touched weren't all Japanese

im just trying to keep my hopes up :space:

What!? Seat is not assigned? So you mean first come first served??? How early should I wait for the seats......

3 hours ago, supphear said:

What!? Seat is not assigned? So you mean first come first served??? How early should I wait for the seats......

 

Yes, coz they are like benches, so always first come first serve. Even in Barrie where they do have individual seats they did not assign seats. 

16 hours ago, Elaine said:

 

Yes, coz they are like benches, so always first come first serve. Even in Barrie where they do have individual seats they did not assign seats. 

Oh My GOD!!! How early should I get up and wait at the gate of the Sportplexe......

Terrible!

45 minutes ago, supphear said:

Oh My GOD!!! How early should I get up and wait at the gate of the Sportplexe......

Terrible!

From what I've read from people here, it's easy getting a seat in the front row and the view shouldn't be too bad even in the back! So you shouldn't worry too much:snpeace:

I wouldn't worry too much about seating. I deliberately sat in the back row for a couple of practices since it offered a slightly better view of the entire rink when I was trying to film with my phone, and it probably  has an extra inch of height on the furthest bench so it was a tad more comfortable for my legs. If you've ever seen my fancams you probably can't tell that much of a difference of when I filmed around 2-3rd row vs the last.

1 hour ago, kiches said:

I wouldn't worry too much about seating. I deliberately sat in the back row for a couple of practices since it offered a slightly better view of the entire rink when I was trying to film with my phone, and it probably  has an extra inch of height on the furthest bench so it was a tad more comfortable for my legs. If you've ever seen my fancams you probably can't tell that much of a difference of when I filmed around 2-3rd row vs the last.

That's really a relief.... Would you mind send me link of your fancams? I would rather have a look at it. Totally know nothing about SCAC, it makes me nervous.

thank you

2 hours ago, kiches said:

I wouldn't worry too much about seating. I deliberately sat in the back row for a couple of practices since it offered a slightly better view of the entire rink when I was trying to film with my phone, and it probably  has an extra inch of height on the furthest bench so it was a tad more comfortable for my legs. If you've ever seen my fancams you probably can't tell that much of a difference of when I filmed around 2-3rd row vs the last.

But this year there will be hundreds of Hanyu's fans rush to Montreal to watch his competition. I bet you.

I don't think it will be that easy to get front row seats this year. Here I will go to with at least 3 friends, and the rooms nearby on airbnb are almost fully booked during that period.

Hopefully I will have good luck.

I wonder if there will be senior men practices on Wednesday. Last year they had only senior ice dance and juniors in the evening. 

If they keep last years schedule it is safe to arrive on September 20 I guess 

 

 

 

8 hours ago, supphear said:

Oh My GOD!!! How early sould I get up and wait at the gate of the Sportplexe......

Terrible!

 

If you target on getting the FIRST ROW at JUDGES' SIDE, I say you might have to manage to wait at the door for at least one hour before it opens:winky: 

I am still in doubts about SCAC. The fact you can't reserve and buy tickets online is a little bit scary, because if you pay 600€ for roundtrip flight you want to be sure about getting into the venue :facepalm:. And hotels are very expensive or very far. Now I am trying to make reservation on Airbnb, but there are very few options around the rink.

And on top of that I have aviophobia :laughing: which means that 8-hours flight will be a nightmare. Things I am ready to do for you, Yuzu!

 

Usually I listen to classical music station at work and when I was looking rooms in Montreal guess what it started playing? Ballade No 1!!! 

Was it a sign that I should go?  

 

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.