Hey, remember us?

On 11/10/2019 at 2:16 PM, rockstaryuzu said:

I saw that. And while I can't disagree with his point, that's easy for him to say, his jumps were/are fantastic. I came away from that video thinking, rightly or wrongly,  that now I know why Deniss struggles with jumps, Stephane just doesn't consider them all that essential. 

That seems to me to be over interpreting what he's saying a bit. I took Stephane's point to be that if skaters really do start jumping quints the importance of skating skills, musical interpretation, etc. will fall even more by the wayside than it they have now, and so that's why he doesn't want to see it happen. I think Stephane realizes you need to land your jumps to be competitive.

3 hours ago, shanshani said:

That seems to me to be over interpreting what he's saying a bit. I took Stephane's point to be that if skaters really do start jumping quints the importance of skating skills, musical interpretation, etc. will fall even more by the wayside than it they have now, and so that's why he doesn't want to see it happen. I think Stephane realizes you need to land your jumps to be competitive.

I hope he does! :scratch3:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://people.com/sports/evan-lysacek-marries-girlfriend-dang-bodiratnangkura-in-thailand/

“Joining among the guests were the princess of Patiala and the royal princess of Bhutan as well as Thai government officials, foreign ambassadors, dignitaries and several lords- and ladies-in-waiting for the Thai royal family, Lysacek says.”

Sounds like it was quite an event.

Maya Shibutani just posted on her instagram that she is in hospital after having a mass removed from her kidney. She went to the ER in October for a stomach ailment, and while being tested for that, they saw something on her kidney, and recommended further testing. The tumor is now removed, and there's a 60/40% chance it is malignant.

I hope things turn out for the best for her, and wish her 'god bedring!' (Heal well!)

• 2 weeks later...