The Planet's BTS Fan Club

rockstaryuzu

22 hours ago, barbara said:

I now think that Jimin will be the next to announce going into the military. 

I concur. Just based on the activity. I think Joon originally planned to go with Hobi but got inspired to do something else and the Bottega deal came up. 

But it looks like Jimin will be next, unless Hybe wants him to ride the popularity wave a little longer.

JK said his album is going to come after Yoongi so maybe JK and Yoongi will go together since Yoongi will need time to finish his tour and JK still has to work on his album. 

Maybe Tae and Joon will go together.  We have no real timeline for Tae but I'd hate for any of them to go by himself. 

11 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

Mang unmasked ! 

Mang is so CUTE! I must have one. I have no idea what animal he's supposed to be though. Is it possible he's a purple squirrel even though there's no squirrel tail?

7 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

:dbana:

It's the impish smile at the end that gets me. He's such a minx.

6 hours ago, barbara said:

Oh, this is sweet - and yet another destination for a non-rainy day in Seoul.

I love when ARMY does things like this. I know the billboards and such are impressive, but planting trees and donating in their name is so much more meaningful. I think Jin has 2 forests named after him in India (?)

4 hours ago, Faithyu said:

I was like "yes, this is Hobi" when I saw Mang unmasked.

That scene reminded me of the morning in In the SOOP 1 when vminkook drag Hobi out of bed to watch the sunrise with them. Except that Mang is somewhat more awake. But the softness feels the same

2 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

I concur. Just based on the activity. I think Joon originally planned to go with Hobi but got inspired to do something else and the Bottega deal came up. 

But it looks like Jimin will be next, unless Hybe wants him to ride the popularity wave a little longer.

JK said his album is going to come after Yoongi so maybe JK and Yoongi will go together since Yoongi will need time to finish his tour and JK still has to work on his album. 

Maybe Tae and Joon will go together.  We have no real timeline for Tae but I'd hate for any of them to go by himself. 

Mang is so CUTE! I must have one. I have no idea what animal he's supposed to be though. Is it possible he's a purple squirrel even though there's no squirrel tail?

It's the impish smile at the end that gets me. He's such a minx.

I love when ARMY does things like this. I know the billboards and such are impressive, but planting trees and donating in their name is so much more meaningful. I think Jin has 2 forests named after him in India (?)

As far as I know, one of the China fans bars has built 2 different schools in J-hope's name in the Chinese countryside. Some of the fan projects are huge. 

2 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

Or he agrees to go on tour with Yoongi. Which Yoongi seems to want. 

Mang is a squirrel.  And his mask was where his tail was supposed to be hidden - but the unmasked Mang doesn't seem to have a tail.  Hmmm.

I don't think JImin will go on tour with Yoongi - Maybe appear in Seoul once.  Yoongi's tour is a solo tour.  I'm sure he'd love for Jimin to show up for a show in Seoul but JImin is, while riding the too short high of his album and promotion, done, and I think he knows that.

How and when would RM release anything that wouldn't come into conflict with JK's release ((of what we do not know), unless he releases it relatively soon.  The way they seem to be spacing the solo promotions, the next thing will be in next month.  They'll give Yoongi's album 3 weeks after release - especially because he'll already be touring.  I'd love another Live update from him.  I love that he is pursuing this new inspiration, but I think he almost feels guilty.

I, for some reason, think JK must be nearly recorded - at least written and composed - what he will release.  He has so much range, but he could just as easily do a Jin, and release one special song for ARMY.  Tae, who seems to throw away anything he doesn't immediately love, who could release an entire album of blues covers, may go the Jin route, too.

Wait and see, wait and see.  Tae hasn;t even done a Live since his roughly 5 minute Yeontan from almost a month ago.  What is that man up to?

Well, now that Jinny's Kitchen is done, maybe Tae can finally concentrate on releasing an album of some sort.  It seems pretty certain that if he does, his will be the last one. 

As hard a time as I'm having trying to envision Hoseok in the military, it seems even more absurd to picture Tae in there. 

I watched a bit of Taemin's live that  he did almost the second he got discharged from the military, and it was easy to see why he'd had such a hard time. From how he spoke to his fans, it was clear that his only sense of identity at all is wrapped up in being an idol and a dancer. No freaking wonder he was  having (rumored) a  break down - it was the loss of  identity! That'd throw anyone for a loop. (It's also really freaking unhealthy how dependent he seems to be on the fans' love. The guy needs help. ) 

So, with that in mind, I don't think 🤔  our lads will have the same issue, because all of them seem to have a sense of self beyond and outside of what they do for a living. And as much as they love ARMY,  they don't hang their self-esteem upon what we think of them. 

So while I hate that they have to enlist because I happen to think it's obscene to send such gentle souls to go learn how to shoot at enemies, I'm now a lot less worried about how they'll do on a personal level. They'll meet the challenge and come back strong, I think. 

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Well, now that Jinny's Kitchen is done, maybe Tae can finally concentrate on releasing an album of some sort.  It seems pretty certain that if he does, his will be the last one. 

As hard a time as I'm having trying to envision Hoseok in the military, it seems even more absurd to picture Tae in there. 

I watched a bit of Taemin's live that  he did almost the second he got discharged from the military, and it was easy to see why he'd had such a hard time. From how he spoke to his fans, it was clear that his only sense of identity at all is wrapped up in being an idol and a dancer. No freaking wonder he was  having (rumored) a  break down - it was the loss of  identity! That'd throw anyone for a loop. (It's also really freaking unhealthy how dependent he seems to be on the fans' love. The guy needs help. ) 

So, with that in mind, I don't think 🤔  our lads will have the same issue, because all of them seem to have a sense of self beyond and outside of what they do for a living. And as much as they love ARMY,  they don't hang their self-esteem upon what we think of them. 

So while I hate that they have to enlist because I happen to think it's obscene to send such gentle souls to go learn how to shoot at enemies, I'm now a lot less worried about how they'll do on a personal level. They'll meet the challenge and come back strong, I think. 

I think that our guys are centered and understand the "love myself" concept well enough to maintain a sense of their own value, internally, and that will help them get through the military.  The biggest self image issue (and we know Jin really misses the members and ARMY and performing - as will Hobi and all of them) is the initial haircut.  Jin was at least able to get support from the other six.    I can't help but think of Hobi looking at himself in the mirror that first time with his head nearly shaved.  Or JImin.  Hobi has never quite accepted that he's actually attractive and I imagine that feeling will shadow those first glances at a mirror.  And Jimin will see his "chubby" cheeks.  ((Tae will see his ears and wonder if he ever really was handsome....).

And much as I have missed new RunBTSs and a Bon Voyage and especially OT7 performances, this past year has probably benefitted them individually as they go through that horrific transition

1 hour ago, Old Cat Lady said:

Oh. My. Gawd. :jaw:

I just saw that, and my reaction was exactly the same. And then I thought "Good for him!"

...ooh, oohh! Toronto has an NBA team! Maybe this means there's a chance of Yoongi coming to Canada after all! 

...but also, the NBA isn't exactly hurting for promotional opportunities already (its annoying how omnipresent their advertising etc is) , so what are they hoping to get from this? 

17 hours ago, barbara said:

Oh, this is sweet - and yet another destination for a non-rainy day in Seoul.

This is so cool, what a beautiful idea, love it😍.

7 hours ago, barbara said:

I, for some reason, think JK must be nearly recorded - at least written and composed - what he will release.  He has so much range, but he could just as easily do a Jin, and release one special song for ARMY.  Tae, who seems to throw away anything he doesn't immediately love, who could release an entire album of blues covers, may go the Jin route, too.

I think he will do a Jin, but it will take more time for him to be done in my opinion.

Wasn't it like two weeks ago that he wrote on weverse he suddenly felt inspired to work on music again? 

7 hours ago, barbara said:

Wait and see, wait and see.  Tae hasn;t even done a Live since his roughly 5 minute Yeontan from almost a month ago.  What is that man up to?

If he had left the country I would say he is filming a food truck show with Wooshik😂.....

3 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

Oh. My. Gawd. :jaw:

Oh, thats something he will most likely enjoy😃 (guess he will be invited to some more games, maybe when he is on tour in the US).

AND:

Does someone have the link to the new CK video? Can't find anything on yt, but it said they put a new video with behind the scene snippets up.....

AND: I still haven't found a eng sub version of beat coin with Jimin 😑