The Planet's BTS Fan Club

11 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

Yoongi's concept photo and his explanation link about it! 

I just heard abt his shoulder surgery! :cry: Speedy recovery, dear Yoongi! :heart:

Yoongi's message for ARMY!

Ouch - I've had two shoulder surgeries. The last one was a rotator cuff repair (more involved that Suga's torn labrum) and recovery seemed endless.  He probably will be out of commission for a couple of months, minimum.  Considering the fact that we are still in global pandemic mode (and the US has it's own global pandemic..), he probably couldn't have picked a better time to have surgery since there's no way they can tour in the next few months.  He'll still be able to sing and to write music, though.  And, depending on how his recovery goes, I would think he will be able to do, at least, promotional interviews with the group (in a sling) in a month or so....  For someone used to a feverish level schedule, this is going to be hard for him.  But, he's young and will be better than new in a short time.

12 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

On that note:

Both J-Hope and RM posted on WeVerse recently about the results of a physical checkup all the members did in mid-October. They both said they were told to 'gain muscle mass'. And now today, BigHit put out an announcement saying that SUGA had surgery on the 3rd of November to fix his bad shoulder ( that was injured when he got hit by a car in 2012).  

The announcement says, in part, that besides the pain and trouble the shoulder causes, Yoongi's getting this done now 'in order to be fully prepared for military service'. 

Nothing's been said so far about any of the younger members' health.

One of the things I found out when reading up about the Korean draft, is that you're supposed to go for a physical at 18 in preparation for entering, and if you haven't completed your service by a certain time, you have to repeat the physical. And one of the things they do is give you a report on your physical condition in relation to the military requirements. 

Taking all of that together, I think BTS already knows they definitely won't be getting an exemption and are getting ready to enlist. And my guess is that it'll be Jin and Suga together, sometime after the Grammys next year. 

Which I personally think is positively criminal, but I'm not Korean and therefore my opinion has no weight.

The question is, how many of them will enlist at once? IMO it's better to pull the bandage off quickly, do it in the shortest possible time, and for all of them to go together and get through in 2 years. 

On of the things that stuck out in Korean commentary about this was the issue of fairness. There's a lot of resentment around the issue of special exemptions and who gets them. If that's so, then the military service should be mandatory for both sexes. Can't get more unfair than forcing all the young men in the country to sacrifice two years of their lives while the women don't have to. 

One more thing:

J-Hope also commented that the doctors thought the members were all 'giraffes' because of their height. LOL!

I thought all Koreans were tall-ish, especially compared to other Asian men.  And I know they want to be patriotic and not have "special treatment" but they really do so much for Korea, it's image around the world and it's economy - they are national treasures.  Their UN speech really shows what a positive force for Korea they are.  I hope the 5 year exemption is real and stands.  Jin and Suga can't be replaced, and shuffling people in and out would totally disrupt the group.  I wonder if the Korean military has anything like the US Army has where performers use their talents to keep the spirits of the rest of the troops up.  There are positions in our military that do utilize musical talent and provide entertainment.  (This is for singers and not just instrument players, like the people who go into the band.)

3 hours ago, barbara said:

Ouch - I've had two shoulder surgeries. The last one was a rotator cuff repair (more involved that Suga's torn labrum) and recovery seemed endless.  He probably will be out of commission for a couple of months, minimum.  Considering the fact that we are still in global pandemic mode (and the US has it's own global pandemic..), he probably couldn't have picked a better time to have surgery since there's no way they can tour in the next few months.  He'll still be able to sing and to write music, though.  And, depending on how his recovery goes, I would think he will be able to do, at least, promotional interviews with the group (in a sling) in a month or so....  For someone used to a feverish level schedule, this is going to be hard for him.  But, he's young and will be better than new in a short time.

Well, he's probably not going to take a break from writing songs, just based on how he was in In The Soop - pretty well spent most of his time working on songs then, even though he was supposed to be on this idyllic cottage holiday. So I expect he'll come back with a couple of albums worth of new material even if he does nothing else during his recovery. 

2 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

OMG! Could this be like a teaser for their new MV?? 

It is mindbogglingly difficult to actually watch this.  9 screens to keep up with.  It is likely promotional but I guess we'll have to wait and see if it has anything to do with the new MV (which I presume was shot before Suga's surgery?).

37 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

:party2::laughing: Jimin, what are you wearing??

It states that they are in "retro" clothes - but that scarf would be retro for my mother, 1974.  I know they choose their own clothes for regular wear but are pretty much "dressed" for appearances and videos. A lot of the clothes for Dynamite were retro (one of the guys thought they were thrift  shop purchase but Suga I think, pointed out that they were part of a new "line"). So, Jimin, not so much "what" but "why"?

1 hour ago, barbara said:

It states that they are in "retro" clothes - but that scarf would be retro for my mother, 1974.  I know they choose their own clothes for regular wear but are pretty much "dressed" for appearances and videos. A lot of the clothes for Dynamite were retro (one of the guys thought they were thrift  shop purchase but Suga I think, pointed out that they were part of a new "line"). So, Jimin, not so much "what" but "why"?

From what I read on twitter, BTS Season greetings happens every year. It's a DVD/Photobook Merch type product which includes calenders for the new year, notebooks, or messages from the guys. It also includes a dvd with activities and games, interviews and something along those lines. And  a huge photobook with pictures of the theme we saw just now. It's a package it can be bought soon, when it's released.

On 11/8/2020 at 2:58 PM, barbara said:

It is mindbogglingly difficult to actually watch this.  9 screens to keep up with.  It is likely promotional but I guess we'll have to wait and see if it has anything to do with the new MV (which I presume was shot before Suga's surgery?).

I made it full screen, kept looping it on YouTube, and watched each 'room' separately to make sure i missed nothing. But I still had to hit pause a lot. 

Did you guys see this yet? JK making a very Katherine Hepburn-esque suit look like the dernier cri of manliness, RM reminding me of anime gangster characters, and Jimin channeling a Russian grandma somehow. And yet they all look so handsome, proving that it's really not about the clothes, but the confidence... it's so Yuzu-like and I love it! :clapclap4:

* Edited to add: Nevermind! I see @ralucutzagy beat me to it...17 hours ago! Note to self: read the whole thread first...

3 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I made it full screen, kept looping it on YouTube, and watched each 'room' separately to make sure i missed nothing. But I still had to hit pause a lot. 

Did you guys see this yet? JK making a very Katherine Hepburn-esque suit look like the dernier cri of manliness, RM reminding me of anime gangster characters, and Jimin channeling a Russian grandma somehow. And yet they all look so handsome, proving that it's really not about the clothes, but the confidence... it's so Yuzu-like and I love it! :clapclap4:

* Edited to add: Nevermind! I see @ralucutzagy beat me to it...17 hours ago! Note to self: read the whole thread first...

It's so validating to know I'm not the only obsessive person watching it over and over and over, and pausing....  That it is you is no surprise....  I think JK can make anything look good.  Jimin certainly doesn't have any issues with his sexuality.  Russian grandma...And RM's whole bit has a very, very retro rap star- loving the bling.  Still, who chose those clothes?  Maybe I should go backwards and see what they did last year for this.

35 minutes ago, barbara said:

Still, who chose those clothes?

Comparing what they wear during 'official' appearances vs what they wear during their vlogs and livestreams, I'd say they have a team of stylists working on the official stuff. 

Plus, it dawned on me the other day - a large portion of their audience is women, and they have sponsorship deals with a lot of luxury designers...kind of not a surprise that they're often styled in women's clothes or accessories,  when you put two and two together. Though where they find Chanel jackets big enough to fit Jin's shoulders is an enduring mystery. Chanel doesn't even sell my size and I guarantee you his shoulders arr broader than mine.